First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you decide to go to 37's, you should consider ordering the HOSS 3.0 steering rack too.
Hey mpeugeot, I have considered it, but as of now, I have not been able to find any info explaining what the actual differences are with the new HOSS 3. Until i get a better understanding of what Ford actually did to improve it, it will remain a consideration. Interim, I have the 3rd party tie rod strenghtener's installed. I am still mulling whether perch collars, pucks or a 1.5" body lift to create the necessary lift to allow 37's
Sponsored

OP
OP
the poacher

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with this; Hells Revenge was the third trail I’ve ever driven in my life (been a passenger here and there but bought the Bronco to really get into the playing outside with expensive toys). If I can do that trail as a complete novice I bet most anybody in here with a solid set and some stable nerves can hang as well! I went with a guy who ran that trail once about 8 years ago and we did the loooooong loop, I skipped the hot tubs and Hells gate but did the rest and it was INCREDIBLE! Our trucks are fucking tanks!
Hey Juiced21, our Bronco's are tanks! Good on ya for doing the long version, and on just you third time 4x4'ing, very impressive. With your new Bronco, I look forward to seeing video/photos of you playing outside in your expensive toy, as do I. You will definitely need to go back to Hell's Revenge, and do Hell's Gate and a bath tub! I have complete faith in your skills and your solid set of big ovaries 😁.

Juiced21

Badlands
First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '20 Veloster N
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Juiced21, our Bronco's are tanks! Good on ya for doing the long version, and on just you third time 4x4'ing, very impressive. With your new Bronco, I look forward to seeing video/photos of you playing outside in your expensive toy, as do I. You will definitely need to go back to Hell's Revenge, and do Hell's Gate and a bath tub! I have complete faith in your skills and your solid set of big ovaries 😁.
I appreciate the faith! I’ll be back there in May for Bronco Safari but not sure if I want to embark on HR again, it was a tedious day, even if it was fun! Now I know I can knock out those obstacles but it’s still daunting!

OP
OP
the poacher

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I appreciate the faith! I’ll be back there in May for Bronco Safari but not sure if I want to embark on HR again, it was a tedious day, even if it was fun! Now I know I can knock out those obstacles but it’s still daunting!
That is awesome that you are back in Moab for the Bronco Safari, how fun that will be. There are so many fun trails in Moab that you have not done, I do understand why you might not be to keen to jump back into HR. However, if the BS people do a ride on HR during the week, it would be a good time to do it as they would have experienced spotters to assist you, and ensure you did them cleanly. Either way, you will have a blast! Best of the New Year to you as well.

Sponsored

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

But...But...But everybody said we needed 35" tires to go off-road.🙄
Nicely done Poacher! Thanks for sharing!
That obstacle is not really a “x-sized” tire required obstacle. I’ve done the tub with 29’s. In Moab, there are tons of trails that are just really steep ups and downs and off-camber that test your nerve more than your tire size.

However, other trails (e.g. “Pritchett Canyon” comes to mind) will show you why they say you need 35” tires to go off-road.

OP
OP
the poacher

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is very true, trails like HR don't require any real clearance, as you say, just nerves. As for Pritchett, I spoke with a couple of locals, and they said it was pretty rough at that time, and 37's are the minimum required for it now. That was enough of an insight to deter me from trying it. I am obviously going to add a 2" lift for a set of 37's...

TakeNoGuff

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Armada, Dodge Ram 2500 4x4, Soon Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As we all know, video/photos never really show how steep something really is. The sound of my tires slipping on the slickrock in Moab, UT as I enter into this bathtub on the infamous Hell's Gate Revenge trail, while in Crawl mode, will hint at how steep it really was. Lot's of fun, and certainly sphincter tightening...
Now go the other way.
Sponsored