First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did the NH off rodeo this year for my bronco purchase. And it did build some faith in the Bronco. My wife also bought a bronco (we were going to order a badlands and she would get mine) but I came across an OBX in the hot pepper red and like myself chose not to wait.
Ha, I well understand your decision to grab the OBX, that is a great colour. I was torn between doing the NH or Moab location, but pleased I chose Moab . You my friend, are going to have a great time...
Sponsored

OP
OP
the poacher

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sweet video
Thanks Aztec1382, appreciate the feedback. Fun times for sure. I would definitely go back, and will, hopefully next year. By the way, great looking rig you have.

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Super cool (y)! Yeah the tires slipping/screeching is definitely an oh sh!t feeling past the point of no return. Be honest though...you had to have sharded just a little bit :poop::LOL:

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
As we all know, video/photos never really show how steep something really is. The sound of my tires slipping on the slickrock in Moab, UT as I enter into this bathtub on the infamous Hell's Gate Revenge trail, while in Crawl mode, will hint at how steep it really was. Lot's of fun, and certainly sphincter tightening...

I recall several years ago watching a vehicle going down that same spot and he had this huge extruded bumper on it and could not stop his slide and the bumper hit the bottom causing him to flip over on his top from the momentum.

Sponsored

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You got the right color. ;-(

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for sharing; it's good to see some manual transmission four cylinders doing some fun stuff. The stock tires on that handle water really well, and not so sticky that they suck up the water, but enough friction (helped by the wall being dry) pulls you up.

OP
OP
the poacher

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@the poacher , nice vid. What other trails did you end up doing while in Moab?
Thanks DNBL, I appreciate your comment. In addition to Hell's Revenge, I drove all of Fins & Things, Moab Rim and Chicken Corners. Sadly, I only had a couple of days to explore. But I will be going back.

OP
OP
the poacher

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for sharing; it's good to see some manual transmission four cylinders doing some fun stuff. The stock tires on that handle water really well, and not so sticky that they suck up the water, but enough friction (helped by the wall being dry) pulls you up.
Hey mike8675309, nice handle by the way, quite subtle. The 4 banger has tons of power, and that crawling gear is great to have and utilize. As I do not yet have a compressor installed, I did all my 4x4'ing with no airing down. So, the tires did really well. I am glad that the water level was not deeper.

Sponsored
OP
OP
the poacher

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You got the right color. ;-(
Its funny regarding my colour choice, I was back and forth between the CO, and the RR. Red being my favorite car colour, but decided on CO as I had never owned a yellow vehicle before. Since I got delivery in Oct., it has really grown on me and I am now happy with my choice.

OP
OP
the poacher

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I recall several years ago watching a vehicle going down that same spot and he had this huge extruded bumper on it and could not stop his slide and the bumper hit the bottom causing him to flip over on his top from the momentum.
Yikes, that would not be something I would wish on anyone. A very unpleasant surprise for the owner, and expensive too. Luckily, that did not happen to me.

OP
OP
the poacher

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Super cool (y)! Yeah the tires slipping/screeching is definitely an oh sh!t feeling past the point of no return. Be honest though...you had to have sharded just a little bit :poop::LOL:
Ha, good question HOSSMAN. Truth be told, as this feature is towards the end of the trail, I had successfully done some more severe features that caused me more anxiety, than this one. One was an optional route, that was an approximately 50 foot climb up a smooth rock wall, that was 36 degrees steep (according to my Pitch gauge), and as I was crawling up, it felt like the front end might come back over me. Needless to say, I was saying to myself, don't stall it, don't stall it ( drive the standard). Fortunately I made it through just fine...

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey mike8675309, nice handle by the way, quite subtle. The 4 banger has tons of power, and that crawling gear is great to have and utilize. As I do not yet have a compressor installed, I did all my 4x4'ing with no airing down. So, the tires did really well. I am glad that the water level was not deeper.
Oh yeah, I know. I need to get a compressor as well when I decide to get serious. Currently have some skid plates on order.
I've had some discussions with folks that don't understand how much power these broncos have. Claiming to run bigger tires, you need new gears, not understanding that the 4.70 gears will get it done with most reasonable tire sizes, and could even get away with it with the 40s' if you want to.
Though I think if I were to do 40s' I would want to go with the Dana 44 front drive unit and the 5.38 gears and the 32spline axles.
Sponsored