Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Nice job! Always a good idea to take a bath while at Hell’s gate. Good thing the water is after the part where the rear wheel comes up three feet. :cool:

Thanks for posting!
Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm good attempting just about anything I've seen a similar build do. I'll be 95% stock. I'm going to run the GY Territories, but I'm thinking of adding a 1.5-2" leveling kit and a set of wheel spacers.
The rigs at the Moab Off-Roadeo were all Sasquatch (on 35s) and all ran the stock Goodyears at stock height, most with them thoroughly chewed up and worn. We were in an Outer Banks with optional lockers front and rear, but no sway bar disconnect. They performed fine.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As we all know, video/photos never really show how steep something really is. The sound of my tires slipping on the slickrock in Moab, UT as I enter into this bathtub on the infamous Hell's Gate Revenge trail, while in Crawl mode, will hint at how steep it really was. Lot's of fun, and certainly sphincter tightening...

Wow! Your Bronco is a beast!

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We’ll be in Moab in May but I think I’ll drive around that one in my Black Diamond. Nice job.

Peter Gosenya

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The challenge with that one is going the other direction.

Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm good attempting just about anything I've seen a similar build do. I'll be 95% stock. I'm going to run the GY Territories, but I'm thinking of adding a 1.5-2" leveling kit and a set of wheel spacers.

If anyone knows of some vids of 2drs at Moab, send them this way. There just doesn't seem to be a lot of them out there. The short WB Jeeps seem to have the hardest time with the bathtub, especially if there's any moisture in there.

I'd also like to see how the extra 4" of bumper length from the RC winch mount affects the approach angle on entry. I think the leveling kit may mitigate some of that.

Will you have your winch mounted before we go? If so, are you planning on leaving it on there?
I’ve not found the RC mount to hinder me at all yet! Man kicking myself even more for not waiting for a badlands or sas🥲. I’ll have to spend the $3k and upgrade sooner or later.

To @the poacher did you need the front locker a lot or could most of it be done without one? We are hoping to hit Moab off rodeo this summer then find a local and have fun in our own rig.

OP
OP
the poacher

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The challenge with that one is going the other direction.
That is with out a doubt, a much bigger challenge Peter. One that I am not keen to try, so I will leave that one up to you, lol.

OP
OP
the poacher

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve not found the RC mount to hinder me at all yet! Man kicking myself even more for not waiting for a badlands or sas🥲. I’ll have to spend the $3k and upgrade sooner or later.

To @the poacher did you need the front locker a lot or could most of it be done without one? We are hoping to hit Moab off rodeo this summer then find a local and have fun in our own rig.
Good evening 21OBX, on this one, I had the rear's locked, but not the fronts. I also did the Off Roadeo in Moab a year ago, and it was an excellent time. It gave me the confidence to go back and run Hell's Revenge and do things like this. It will instill you with a great understanding of your trucks capabilities. As to finding a local, if you wait at the entrance to Hell's Revenge, you will meet so many likeminedpeople who would be pleased to lead you on the trail. Don't forget to post photos of the Off Rodeo and you subsequent Moab adventures.

OP
OP
the poacher

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We’ll be in Moab in May but I think I’ll drive around that one in my Black Diamond. Nice job.
Thanks grayshowdow, but you should know that your BD definitely has the capability built into it to easily do this bathtub. If you are unsure, wait a bit and watch someone do it, that will give you the confidence to do it yourself. Don't forget to post some photos of your Moab adventure.

Sponsored
OP
OP
the poacher

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice job! Always a good idea to take a bath while at Hell’s gate. Good thing the water is after the part where the rear wheel comes up three feet. :cool:

Thanks for posting!
Thanks BigFootie, I appreciate the kind words. And you are correct, water at the point of realizing my line was wrong, would have seen a video with a different outcome!

Peter Gosenya

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is with out a doubt, a much bigger challenge Peter. One that I am not keen to try, so I will leave that one up to you, lol.
I have not done that one myself but I was on a sport quad At the time. Watched others go the hard way in razors.

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks grayshowdow, but you should know that your BD definitely has the capability built into it to easily do this bathtub. If you are unsure, wait a bit and watch someone do it, that will give you the confidence to do it yourself. Don't forget to post some photos of your Moab adventure.
We travel full time towing our Bronco, it’s our only vehicle other than our Motorhome.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good evening 21OBX, on this one, I had the rear's locked, but not the fronts. I also did the Off Roadeo in Moab a year ago, and it was an excellent time. It gave me the confidence to go back and run Hell's Revenge and do things like this. It will instill you with a great understanding of your trucks capabilities. As to finding a local, if you wait at the entrance to Hell's Revenge, you will meet so many likeminedpeople who would be pleased to lead you on the trail. Don't forget to post photos of the Off Rodeo and you subsequent Moab adventures.
I did the NH off rodeo this year for my bronco purchase. And it did build some faith in the Bronco. My wife also bought a bronco (we were going to order a badlands and she would get mine) but I came across an OBX in the hot pepper red and like myself chose not to wait.
Sponsored