What’s after Moab?

BroncoOvrlndr

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Clubs

Would like to see high altitude testing above 10,000 feet, so hoping to see the Broncos test in Colorado; maybe Black Bear?

Any guys from Colorado or other similar high altitude areas who can suggest some named spots?
Those switch backs going down on the back side of Black Bear look menacing on video with the drop off and how close you are to the ledge. Can anyone who’s driven it comment if it’s really as pucker butt in real life as it looks on video? Brad from Trailrecon said he probably would never drive it again! Is it fun or just one of those check the box trails?

Advertisement

j_marinelli

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2012 Xterra Pro-4X
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Valet parking at some fancy restaurant to show versatility and how nicely they clean up lol
This made me think of the old school Top Gear for some reason. How awesome would it of been to give the 3 broncos to Jeremy Clarkson, James May, and Richard Hammond. Talk about seeing Broncos could handle with those guys beating the crap out of them LOL!

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW X3 2018 BMW 440i
Clubs

This made me think of the old school Top Gear for some reason. How awesome would it of been to give the 3 broncos to Jeremy Clarkson, James May, and Richard Hammond. Talk about seeing Broncos could handle with those guys beating the crap out of them LOL!
Yes! Well they're on Grand Tour on Amazon Prime now. Manufacturers have never been too keen to hand over keys to those 3.

I say that, but I bet even with their Drivetribe they'll get hold of some Broncos at some point and see what's what.

RAB123

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RUBICON , 1980 BLAZER , OWNED LIKE 4 OF THE ORIGINAL BRONCOS
The rocks are conquered lets see some different stuff like some good sand dune running and also some good mud runs and some deserted forest roads with some nice drifting .

RotorOver

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Porsche 718 Cayman S, 2017 BMW M240i, 2017 Audi Q5
Vehicle Showcase
I'm hoping they hit some major malls across the U.S. Maybe combine that with some cars & coffee events. They can hit Caffeine & Octane in Atlanta to start! ;)

Scramblin

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Through Bronco articles
Those switch backs going down on the back side of Black Bear look menacing on video with the drop off and how close you are to the ledge. Can anyone who’s driven it comment if it’s really as pucker butt in real life as it looks on video? Brad from Trailrecon said he probably would never drive it again! Is it fun or just one of those check the box trails?
The back side of Black Bear is definitely pucker butt material! I drove my two door 2005 MT Rubi on it back in 2015, having no previous knowledge of this trail, or how terrifying it can be for the uninformed. The ledge section is one way, so once on it good luck. Some of the switchbacks on the ledge section are so tight that I had to back up a couple times to negotiate them. Normally I kick my lockers out going down hill on tight sections for better steering, but on this trail I kept my rears engaged for a little extra drag. I would like to do it again.

Advertisement

Advertisement