First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach-E, Premium RWD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Version 2022.07.11 just uploaded to GitHub and (soon) to Play Store. There's been a beta version for the Mach-E floating around for a week, but it took a while to get all the other vehicles (except the Raptor) .

To use, you need to turn on "Enable color display of vehicle" in Settings. An entry will then appear in the three-dot menu for "Set Vehicle Color", which will open a new activity for you to choose the color (if you have multiple vehicles, you need to select the correct VIN first).
screenshot_20220711_150844-png-png.png

When you click "Save" the info is stored in the database.
Sponsored

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Need a little help... I'd like to automate the vehicle color selection using the images downloaded of the vehicle from Ford's servers, or at least make an approximate first guess. To do so I need other image samples.

If you'd like to contribute, I've created a new issue on GitHub to gather images. First, your phone needs to be rooted (because that's the only way to get the images). Next, check there to see if someone with the same color vehicle has already uploaded an image. If not, follow the instruction in the first post for the issue to locate the image and upload it.

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Uploaded version 2022.07.16 to GitHub and Play Store. The main change is the auto-selection of the vehicle color. If you already assigned a color, you can use this by choosing the "Auto" button in the Set Vehicle Color activity. Note: this only works with a specific view (angle 4), so if that isn't available then you won't see the "Auto" button.

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Uploaded version 2022.08.20 to GitHub and Play Store. You can read the changelog to see what's new (not a whole lot) but there is support for Android 13. If you're on Android 13, be sure to open the app since notifications now require the user to give permission.

Be forewarned that I've included a brief (2 question) survey about app usage; you will see a notification which takes you to the main instruction screen. It only appears once so it won't pester you, but please take a few seconds to provide feedback.

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Uploaded version 2022.09.10 to GitHub and Play Store. But just in case people skim the change log (or get it from the Play Store), I've disabled trying to pull OTA info. Ford made a change to the API and I haven't found a way around it. The widget will still display the last info that was stored prior to the API changing.

Sponsored

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Uploaded version 2022.12.07 to GitHub and Play Store. This version makes some changes to address the unauthorized third party issue. While I'm still working to get "authorized" status, this version does the following:
  • Displays an explanation about the account lockouts, since some users are not aware that's an issue (and although I've not confirmed the app can cause it, it's likely). It also give some suggestions for how to limit your chances of getting locked out
  • Removes the use of stored credentials (i.e, using your username/password to re-login if the token is lost).
  • Extends the minimum refresh frequency to 15 minutes.
  • Add a "hibernation" setting. Enabling this will stop the app from automatically pulling data until some point in the future when either there is a public API or we get approved access from Ford. This basically lets you keep the app on your phone without it doing anything, and hopefully one day it will send you a notice saying "everything's safe again".

OP
OP
JHawk

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Uploaded version 2022.12.07 to GitHub and Play Store. This version makes some changes to address the unauthorized third party issue. While I'm still working to get "authorized" status, this version does the following:
  • Displays an explanation about the account lockouts, since some users are not aware that's an issue (and although I've not confirmed the app can cause it, it's likely). It also give some suggestions for how to limit your chances of getting locked out
  • Removes the use of stored credentials (i.e, using your username/password to re-login if the token is lost).
  • Extends the minimum refresh frequency to 15 minutes.
  • Add a "hibernation" setting. Enabling this will stop the app from automatically pulling data until some point in the future when either there is a public API or we get approved access from Ford. This basically lets you keep the app on your phone without it doing anything, and hopefully one day it will send you a notice saying "everything's safe again".
Thank You, I may actually get to use this one of these days. My bronco is shipping now

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Update: in the continuing game of whack-a-mole, looks like Ford changed the API again so the app isn't able to get a list of VINs for your account upon log-in. I advise saving a back-up of your settings for future reference; worst case scenario I can let you use it to restore that info later on.

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Uploaded version 2023.01.03 to GitHub and Play Store. The only addition is support for Mustangs without direct testing other than checking that the graphics look mostly correct. Some other minor changes under the hood.

Version 2022.12.26 was released last week, but I forgot to post a notice here. It contains new code to work around the recent API change. It's not possible to pull the user profile info anymore, so we're back to entering VINs and nicknames manually. There is a new menu option names "Manage Vehicles" where you can see which vehicles are being monitored and add new vehicles.

I've tried to make this invisible to anyone whose app currently works fine or who got hosed after login again. As long as you didn't wipe the app's data or uninstall/reinstall, it attempts to pick up the prior user/vehicle information and "fix it", but worst case.... just start from scratch.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Uploaded version 2023.01.03 to GitHub and Play Store. The only addition is support for Mustangs without direct testing other than checking that the graphics look mostly correct. Some other minor changes under the hood.

Version 2022.12.26 was released last week, but I forgot to post a notice here. It contains new code to work around the recent API change. It's not possible to pull the user profile info anymore, so we're back to entering VINs and nicknames manually. There is a new menu option names "Manage Vehicles" where you can see which vehicles are being monitored and add new vehicles.

I've tried to make this invisible to anyone whose app currently works fine or who got hosed after login again. As long as you didn't wipe the app's data or uninstall/reinstall, it attempts to pick up the prior user/vehicle information and "fix it", but worst case.... just start from scratch.
Pic for reference. I've been trying to refresh with no luck. Ive used the refresh button numerous times, I've driven the car, connected through Ford pass, closed and reopened the widget, turned phone on and off, etc... But can't get it to update. Is it just me?

Ford Bronco Android widget - Update: Up and running.  Thanks! Kennelh 1000004815

Sponsored

mark2215

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine says last refresh 10 days ago.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine says last refresh 10 days ago.
I should add, I just installed this 2 days ago so it hasn't refreshed since initial install.

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@Jazer and @mark2215 : please enable logging, log in to FordPass again, do a refresh from the three-dot menu, save and upload the logfile under this issue on GitHub.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Uploaded version 2023.01.22 to GitHub and Play Store. No major changes, just slight tweaks to the appearance of the widgets and some bug fixes.
Sponsored