Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't see what this slide-out shelf accomplishes, other than raising the cargo floor to an even height with the folded-down seats. It slides out, and could allow you to hold a few low-height items? Over $1,000 for that?
Now TDogg4774's home build makes sense, (handsome job, there!) and at a good price point. Somebody else came out with a steel one with a lift-up shelf over a shallow cargo-floor storage bin, and at the same height as the folded-down seats. Search around for it--he may be taking orders.
My solution was Ford's storage drawer, lists at $789. It actually holds things. Well built by Tuffy, licensed Ford contractor. I shopped it at their last 20% sale, and went up to NH to avoid Ma$$achu$$ets $ales Tax. It's higher than the collapsed rear seats. I have the rest of winter to think through a solution for vehicle sleeping.

Ford Bronco Ford Bronco Slideout Tailgate finally available as an accessory! 1672962075328

Just did some research, and found Tuffy sells it directly at $639--almost the same as my 20% discount. So never mind waiting for Ford's next sale. It's strong, heavy (about 50 pounds), sturdy drawer slides, and an easy install using existing 4-Dr fittings.

https://tuffyproducts.com/products/ford-licensed-rear-cargo-drawer-2021-22-ford-bronco-4-door/
Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Some people don't need a storage drawer, want a level cargo area with the seats down and the surface to sit on like a tailgate. That's it. It's not advertised as any kind of storage. Many more people in this group are better served with a storage drawer solution for sure. I still like it though.

Easy-v

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMO it was big miss the Gen6 didn’t come with a tailgate. Ford should have just figured out another location for the spare. My first ride was a 98 Ranger and I spend a ton of time sitting on that tailgate. Great truck and great memories. Happy I won’t need to pack the folding chairs for my Bronco now!
Ah, but this was s a way for them to figure out if it should be something standard

Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hate Fore so much at this point if they gave me this for free I’d install it before running it off a cliff. Fuck Ford

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, but some people didn't have it as an option from the factory.
So is it actually avail
Yeah, but some people didn't have it as an option from the factory.
it still isn’t compatible with all Broncos according to the link, so not sure which trims can get it on now that you couldnt before.

Sponsored

Tdogg4774

Black Diamond
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

how many pounds will that pull out hold?
The slides are rated for 250 lbs. I haven’t stood on it and probably won’t just in case. But I’ve had a fully loaded cooler and some other items on it that I know were approaching 100. Strong enough for my use, but if getting 500 lbs on the tray is a need, then getting the factory tray is the way to go.

Tdogg4774

Black Diamond
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd love some details about the drawer slides you used. Did you use any hinge or just carpet?
There are hinges to be able to access the Jack and cubby storage. I then carpeted over the hinges. I got the drawer slides from a local hardware, but have also seen others post about getting similar from Amazon. Heavy duty drawer slides are the product type

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Seems rather expensive considering the locking slide out drawer is under $800. I've had several vehicles with a rear hatch and can't say I've ever thought a sliding tray would be useful. If I want some workspace I'll just get one of the tables that attaches to the tailgate.

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wonder if it makes noise while off roading?........