sasquatches

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrx
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco Slideout tailgate available on B&P again 7C674E1A-88E8-4D31-B69E-D528CD9166AF
Ford Bronco Slideout tailgate available on B&P again 57A32BF1-FBCE-45B3-8478-91E4F19DE442

The slideout tailgate was removed from build and price because of its late availability. Now it is back. But it is not available on a lot of trims if you want Sasquatch. Basically It only available on non-Sasquatch big bend, BD, OBX, and on Wildtrak. Does anyone know why it is available for wildtrak but not for an OBX with Sasquatch. It doesnā€™t make sense since it is even available for normal OBX.
Also, Badlands is out of luck again. I assume It is always because weight issue.
Sponsored

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I saw that, not sure why you canā€™t get it w Sasquatch or tailgate table either

OP
OP

sasquatches

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrx
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I saw that, not sure why you canā€™t get it w Sasquatch or tailgate table either
I think there isnā€™t enough space for the table when the gate is closed. The table does take up a bit of space even when fold up.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Another item I can't add because of weight *sigh*

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold šŸ˜„), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just want to know when it will start rolling off the line.

Sponsored
OP
OP

sasquatches

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrx
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's for weight reasons. Which is why you can't add it to Wildtrak unless you remove the full-vehicle bash plates.

Same reason why you cannot order a Badlands 2.7L engine with the roof rails, but you can order a Badlands 2.3L engine with the roof rails. Lighter smaller engine means Ford has enough weight wiggle room to add the roof rails.

For the tailgate table... @sasquatches nailed it. Tailgate table will bump into the slide out tailgate and prevent you from closing the rear door.
Weight must not be the only reason. An OBX/BB with Sasquatch ainā€™t any heavier than a wildtrak. Ford wants to push more people to wildtrak

nbdybeatsthewiz

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's for weight reasons. Which is why you can't add it to Wildtrak unless you remove the full-vehicle bash plates.

Same reason why you cannot order a Badlands 2.7L engine with the roof rails, but you can order a Badlands 2.3L engine with the roof rails. Lighter smaller engine means Ford has enough weight wiggle room to add the roof rails.

For the tailgate table... @sasquatches nailed it. Tailgate table will bump into the slide out tailgate and prevent you from closing the rear door.
This may have changed, but there is a video from last year of Ford showing off a 4 DR OBX with the slide out tailgate AND the tailgate table. How certain are you that you won't be able to combine them?

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For 1/3 of that, you can do the DIY that @CarryOn created with a LOT more capability...and if you shorten his up a notch, you could still have your tailgate table. Tho' I don't know why you'd want it.

Bronco Bax

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any idea if this can be added to 2021 vehicles?

Sponsored

PistolPete

Outer Banks
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone know if you can add it on after delivery.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any idea if this can be added to 2021 vehicles?
Figure I have a better and quicker chance receiving it on my 23MY factory build than being able to get it through the parts dept at local dealership for my 21 4dr.

Bronco Bax

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Theoretically, yes. The 2022 Bronco design hasn't changed since 2021, it's effectively the same vehicle.

The problem is that it is a factory-installed accessory, so it isn't something you can just freely buy from the accessory site. The only way to get it is from the factory.

You probably will be able to buy and install the tailgate later as a replacement part, but most of the Bronco parts can only be ordered by the dealer for warranty work due to all of the component shortages. A good chance you won't be able to order it until 2023-2024.
Like trying to order a roof rack after delivery

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone know if you can add it on after delivery.
@RagnarKon says no. But I don't know why not. You'd need to pull the four bolts holding the tiedowns, they surely give you much longer ones, screw 'em in and done.

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't seen the slide-out tailgate in-person since May 2021, and I have no idea if that was the production version or not. So I would probably take what I said with a grain of salt, but I suspect since Ford explicitly said it won't work with the tailgate table that the version I saw was pretty close to the final production version.

On the demo Bronco I saw, the slide-out tailgate would definitely interfere with the tailgate table (or anything else that is mounted on the lower half of the door). You may be able to fudge it a bit by mounting the table slightly higher than what is recommended in the install instructions, but not sure. The good news is that the tailgate table is a dealer-installed accessory that you can install yourself if you want, so you can always buy the slide-out tailgate, see how much room there is, and then go from there.

Also worth noting that the slide-out tailgate will prevent you from carrying your Bronco's doors in the rear of the vehicle, it raises the load floor too high for the doors to fit.
I saw a video walk around where Ford was showing the slideout tailgate with the mole panel on the rear door and it was loaded down with stuff. If it closed with all those pouches, it should close with the table.
Ford Bronco Slideout tailgate available on B&P again IMG_7049
Ford Bronco Slideout tailgate available on B&P again Bronco-Slide-Out-Tailgate-4
Sponsored