Sponsored

Gas Prices Are Still Dropping With No Signs Of Stopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someday we'll have to replenish the Strategic Energy Reserve. Some drop off! What then?

Ford Bronco Gas Prices Are Still Dropping With No Signs Of Stopping. 1673749076757

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol there’s no way gas prices fall to $1/gallon. That’s against OPEC, Russian, and many oil producers agenda.

The only way it gets that low is suddenly EVs were 50% of the market.
We could always produce more gas and petroleum. Plenty in North America and the continental shelf.
If you read outside the legacy media, you'll find data that 1) EVs are not as carbon-neutral as they are made out to be (emissions at the tailpipe vs emissions at the energy source), and 2) the logistic on a) increasing to sufficient megawattage on the national grid and b) setting up charging stations adequate for a majority-EV national fleet are formidable--and probably unattainable.

Fun Fact: EVs account for >5% of vehicle sales, but 20% of EVs are in California.

Kindly refrain from charging your EV during peak electricity usage and during brownouts. Thank you for complying.

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

We could always produce more gas and petroleum. Plenty in North America and the continental shelf.
If you read outside the legacy media, you'll find data that 1) EVs are not as carbon-neutral as they are made out to be (emissions at the tailpipe vs emissions at the energy source), and 2) the logistic on a) increasing to sufficient megawattage on the national grid and b) setting up charging stations adequate for a majority-EV national fleet are formidable--and probably unattainable.

Fun Fact: EVs account for >5% of vehicle sales, but 20% of EVs are in California.

Kindly refrain from charging your EV during peak electricity usage and during brownouts. Thank you for complying.
We don’t have the refinery capacity. Canada last built one in 1984. US built one recently but before that was 40 years ago.

Anyhow, combustion gas engines are done for city commuting. Completely inefficient power system for stop and go traffic. EVs are amazingly efficient at slower speeds and stop and go traffic (due to regen and low power draw at idle). You will see Europe and China move to be 100% PHEVs or EVs in urban areas.

For extended trip travel - gas, diesel, hydrogen all make sense as batteries are less energy dense and EVs are less efficient at high speeds and/or cold climates. I argue hydrogen will take over gas at some point. Once upon a time we used steam and coal to power trains. We will move on.

Sponsored

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We don’t have the refinery capacity. Canada last built one in 1984. US built one recently but before that was 40 years ago.

Anyhow, combustion gas engines are done for city commuting. Completely inefficient power system for stop and go traffic. EVs are amazingly efficient at slower speeds and stop and go traffic (due to regen and low power draw at idle). You will see Europe and China move to be 100% PHEVs or EVs in urban areas.

For extended trip travel - gas, diesel, hydrogen all make sense as batteries are less energy dense and EVs are less efficient at high speeds and/or cold climates. I argue hydrogen will take over gas at some point. Once upon a time we used steam and coal to power trains. We will move on.
I want to be careful (and respectful) here, because this issue can get very contentious--and political. Which is a no-no. As a fellow Bronco enthusiast, I appreciate your opinions, but I have distinct disagreements.
We do have the refinery capacity. We certainly did a few years ago when the country was energy (all sources) independent. But yes, we'll need to expand capacity for the future.
On a gross (national, even planetary) basis, EVs are not energy positive, not even neutral. The energy needed to extract the rare earths, then refine, ship, and process them, combined with the fossil fuels needed for the grid, mean EVs (as an aggregate) will never be "carbon neutral." (Then there's the tragedy of child- and slave-labor, but that's another issue.)
Think ethanol: it made theoretical and political sense, once upon a time, but proved to be a massively negative energy (and water) boondoggle, now protected by special interests. Same thing with EVs.
Similarly, on an aggregate scale, hydrogen requires more energy to produce than it will yield to power vehicles. It may make logistical sense for small and medium fleets, but on a large scale its economies will be illusory. Maybe hidden by manipulated data and propaganda, but illusory all the same.
I do agree that hybrids have made great progress and offset much energy needs. I am very pessimistic about batteries ever making a similar contribution--that is, the dream of abundant green energy being stored for off-cycle availability.
I believe this will be true for all developed economies, more so for lesser-developed systems. The public (and investors) is (are) gradually catching on to this.

Those are my thoughts. I suggest we drop the subject for the reasons I posted at the beginning. Besides, the thread is gas prices--not energy issues. Happy wheeling!

BigShasta

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands LUX, Squatch, Hard top, Mod Bumper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ouch.. those Colorado gas prices.
Not just Colorado. Florida is up over the last month....cheapest is Sam's club at 2.99. everywhere else ranges from 3.05 -3.29

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Over $3 in Alabama in the winter... I bet we kiss $5 here during summer and see $5.50-6 in most other places with Cali going $8-9 average. If only there was a way we could produce our own energy.

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You do realize that the power grid across the US can't handle EV autos correct? Over Christmas in Middle Tennessee we had rolling black outs over a 4 days period because the power grid couldn't hand everyone running heat in single to low teens temp. How do you think the power grid is going to handle EV's? It will be 30 years or more before the power grid will every be able to handle them. I don't have a problem with EV's, I'd like to have one of the Lightings or a EV Bronco.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You do realize that the power grid across the US can't handle EV autos correct? Over Christmas in Middle Tennessee we had rolling black outs over a 4 days period because the power grid couldn't hand everyone running heat in single to low teens temp. How do you think the power grid is going to handle EV's? It will be 30 years or more before the power grid will every be able to handle them. I don't have a problem with EV's, I'd like to have one of the Lightings or a EV Bronco.
No one is going to build power plants ahead of demand. Power companies will more than likely look at the average demand to determine whether or not to build additional plants. The grid can't handle EVs currently, but as demand goes up, new plants will be built for the simple reason that there's money to be made.

Sponsored

BigShasta

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands LUX, Squatch, Hard top, Mod Bumper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With the national average at 3.46, this post didn't age well.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was able to find regular gas at $.48 per gallon on Tuesday.

(in 1974)

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
With the national average at 3.46, this post didn't age well.
The barrel price has dropped back into the 60s recently...hope that plus summer gas can drop it a noticable amount.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Travelling to AZ this week towing a camper. Bronco’s only getting 12.5mpg. These gas prices are a really throwing cold water on the joy.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Regardless of gas prices I still won't drive my Bronco to work and back 80 miles a day. I have a new GTI for that now and get 40 MPG in it- 2X what the Bronco gets. But the lower price helps a lot when I drive the Bronco on the weekends.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.