Sponsored

Gas Prices Are Still Dropping With No Signs Of Stopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But even that really wouldn’t make a difference. As I’m sure you already know, “average” means that half the data is LESS than the quoted amount.
That's median not average.
Sponsored

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What state and what month or year. I want to fact check this closer to $1 then $2 statement lol
In Colorado you would have to go back to 2002 for this statement to be correct.

Ford Bronco Gas Prices Are Still Dropping With No Signs Of Stopping. 1672980253029

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In Colorado you would have to go back to 2002 for this statement to be correct.

Ford Bronco Gas Prices Are Still Dropping With No Signs Of Stopping. 1672980253029
Sometimes I think people are so blinded by what they want to be true to fit their agenda that they honestly wash their own memories subconsciously. Fortunately this is all public record. At no point in 2019 was gas below $2/gal in Montana according to the records but this guys memory is certain he paid closer to $1 than $2/gal

Last edited:
Reactions: Jdc

Sponsored

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sometimes I think people are so blinded by what they want to be true to fit their agenda that they honestly wash their own memories subconsciously. Fortunately this is all public record. At no point in 2019 was gas below $2/gal in Montana according to the records but this guys memory is certain he paid closer to $1 than $2/gal
Actually, looks like this may actually be true.......crazy how low prices have been up in Montana historically!!!

Ford Bronco Gas Prices Are Still Dropping With No Signs Of Stopping. 1672980863068

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not seeing it much out here on the left coast!

Still $4.30 per gallon for premium and $4.85 for diesel in Reno, NV. I just spent a month in AZ and the price for premium gas south of the Tucson area was $.50 to $.80 less (around $3.40) than in parts of NW AZ while diesel was still mid to high $4’s. Cross the border into NV and the price jumps, but at least we don’t have state income tax in NV; they extract it from you somehow……

CA prices suck, too…

My wife paid $7 for a dozen eggs at a Winco (discount grocery chain) in Las Vegas earlier this week.
Wow. I paid $3 for a dozen from my Amish neighbor. Big honkin' brown ones. Western MD. Grocery store $5.50. for large white...

OP
OP
carmigo

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford Bronco Gas Prices Are Still Dropping With No Signs Of Stopping. 1672980863068

Need I say more?
What a graph... towards the end of 2022 you can see prices start to drop a little and now maybe increasing again but not as quickly.

OP
OP
carmigo

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Here in Los Angeles regular unleaded is still in the $4.50 range and diesel goes from $5.50 to $6.99. It's amazing the huge price variation in diesel while the petrol prices are fairly consistent.
For someone in Mississippi, those prices are apocalyptic...

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
many states have temporarily removed state gas tax. My state is starting to put it back on 5 cents a month. Those graphs I assume dont factor the state gas tax in that has been removed. My state that is 25 cents a gallon. Ct taxes you to death. Be moving the second I retire from fire depart

Sponsored

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For someone in Mississippi, those prices are apocalyptic...
It is utterly insane. If I opine on the reason for it the moderators will slap me down with a no politics warning again. As such, I'll just sit here in silence and let everyone draw their on conclusions as to how California turned into such an unmitigated train wreck.

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

many states have temporarily removed state gas tax. My state is starting to put it back on 5 cents a month. Those graphs I assume dont factor the state gas tax in that has been removed. My state that is 25 cents a gallon. Ct taxes you to death. Be moving the second I retire from fire depart
25 cents, I wish :sneaky:

Last July CA increased the fuel excise tax on gasoline to 53.9 cents.

Taxes and fees
For every gallon of gas in California, we pay:
  • 54 cents in state excise tax: among the highest in the nation
  • 18.4 cents in federal excise tax
  • 23 cents for California's cap-and-trade program to lower greenhouse gas emissions
  • 18 cents for the state's low-carbon fuel programs
  • 2 cents for underground gas storage fees
  • An average of 3.7% in state and local sales taxes

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What state and what month or year. I want to fact check this closer to $1 then $2 statement lol
I know we had $0.99 per gallon at the Sams in Michigan pre COVID. So I can confirm the $1-2 someone else posted.
I almost fainted, cause I never thought I’d see that price again in my lifetime.That was on the 87 octane. I filled the Rex with premium, gas light was on, $38.00 for the tank.

Last edited:

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco Gas Prices Are Still Dropping With No Signs Of Stopping. princess-bride-you-keep-using-that-word

Gas prices have been reliably falling month over month since this summer’s record highs. Last week, 22 states had an average gas price under $3.00. Texas led the way with an average gas price of $2.70.

Demand Is Still Lower than Last Year
Current gas demand in the US is still 300,000 barrels per day lower than this time last year. And that’s even after demand grew from 8.26 million to 8.71 million barrels per day in mid-December.
Even with upticks in demand, gas supply in the US grew by more than 2.5 million barrels.

Prices Should Continue Falling in New Year
Here’s what AAA spokesperson Andrew Gross had to say about the ongoing fall in prices.
“The cost of oil, gasoline’s main ingredient, has been hovering in the low-to-mid $70s per barrel, and that’s $50 less than the peak last Spring. Combined with low seasonal demand, gas prices could slide a bit more before leveling off.”
If supply continues to outpace demand and demand remains lower through the winter, these declining prices will likely continue.

How Does This Impact Car Prices?
Filling up a tank of gas is a minuscule expense compared with purchasing a new car. But the two prices will always be inextricably tied.
As gas prices rise, we see buyers favor fuel-efficient cars. That means buyers are buying fewer non-work trucks, performance cars, and large SUVs.
Prices go so high this summer that we were seeing people giving up gas altogether, choosing to make the switch to an EV or give public transit a try.
But now that gas prices have fallen for a prolonged period of time, we see a large uptick in the quantity and prices of the less fuel-efficient cars on our marketplace.
So if you’ve been thinking about selling a gas guzzler, do it before gas prices go back up in the spring.
Going up again! We just went up 10 cents.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.