Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pass for now. My 20 mins was very glitchy and it kept dropping. Gaia on the other hand loaded every time. Call me when its updated.

20230502_173608.jpg

JakeC

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They also said you'd be able to record from your Bronco's onboard cameras, but poof - that never materialized, either.
I don't remember them saying the video recording would / could be through the front camera. Source? :)

Sponsored

FootPain

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BB 17 Explorer 04 Mach 1 98 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Won't even let me sign in...

Squishie

Black Diamond
First Name
Damian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I called Ford today from the phone number given with the app error message. I got shuffled around so many times even to a french speaking Canadian Ford rep. I was so frustrated. When I was finally able to get to a supervisor. She goes Ford will be releasing an Off-road app for Bronco soon. I asked her if it is the Ford Trails app for the Bronco. She goes umm yes. I go that was just released. Even the Ford reps are NOT even prepared to help with the issue.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Couldn't get past the initial login screen then it occurred to me it might be touching sites I'd normally block so on a hunch I disabled DNS66 (temporarily!) and tried again and it allowed me to complete. DNS66 back active and still functions normally now, just need it off for that login/connect step. If you are a DNS66 user you know what I am talking about and if you aren't it doesn't apply to you so just scroll down.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To be fair, OnX is quite the marketing machine for how woefully 5-years-behind-the-curve they are.

Gaia GPS is vastly better in design, content, execution and implementation. But expecting your infotainment display to fully replace an interface of your phone/laptop is difficult, there's a ton of legal layers of protection there. At least Gaia let's you route build while remote and has more trail data.

That this is the first mention of it (Gaia) in the thread speaks volumes as to how in-your-face OnX marketing is..... And how few Bronco owners do research and trialing of competing products before purchase.
What layers are you using? MVUM (USFS)? Is that the only layer that shares offroad for full sized vehicles?

I didn’t find Gaia very user friendly when I first tried it a couple of years ago. But, I’m willing to give it another go just to have access to more information. The Northeast is pretty bleak - but, I’m always down for a good fire road exploration, etc.

Sponsored

tripmcl

Badlands
First Name
Trip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Bronco, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious to get to try it connected. However, it's missing a good bit of the trails in my area and alignments on some are older.

RedHotLava

Badlands
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you have to change your profile pic to a Bronco before it lets you in.
Is the Bronco registered in your FordPass account?
Ah, you are correct, thanks for that.

Nolabel

Wildtrak
First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Some of these trail ratings are just plain wrong. For example, anyone in SoCal, check out Pinyon Canyon in Anza Borrego.

Trails Offroad: Mandatory 5
OnX: 7
Ford: Easy

This is anything but an easy trail. The Ford guide even lists The Squeeze by name and calls out the steep section after. The Squeeze is about the exact width of a JL wrangler and the steep section is exceptionally steep.

Anyone going solely off Fords app will have a very bad day on this trail.
Some of the Trails in Arizona are way wrong on difficulty as well.

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't remember them saying the video recording would / could be through the front camera. Source? :)
I think it might have been in an early promotional video somewhere, but this post also mentions it. Sounded neat but implausible at the time, since the Bronco doesn't have a lot of onboard storage, and the camera signals are analog, which while not impossible is an unusual setup for video capture these days.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/fordpass-trail-cam-recording.28288/

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When they mentioned "curated" I figured they were using an existing third party to source the trail info. Sure enough, looks like trail data is powered by FunTreks. Those of you with the Guide to Moab/California/Colorado Backroads books would be familiar with them.
Yes--great guidebooks. Especially appreciated by us old analog geezers.
Sponsored