Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We use Maprika on the east coast for AOAA and Rausch Creek.
It actually works great, but does not have CarPlay or Android Play integration, so it needs to run on your Smart Phone or tablet.
Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have OnX and have been happy w/their maps and app. Use OnX offroad, and OnX hunt. Haven't tried w/android auto yet. Used it on my phone in my 90 Bronco, and OnX hunt on foot using my handheld garmin. Good way to keep from accidentally trespassing, and to find new places to explore! Where I live the details on OnX offroad are kinda sketchy regarding trails, trails we have used for years are completely off the map, and marked trails are sometimes forcibly closed by authorities, but it's better than nothing!

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was able to find a lot of interesting dirt roads near Sacramento just using Google Maps. I would work out a route and then convert it to GPX and stuff it into my Garmin to help me follow it.

Here are a couple of examples that are interesting routes:
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Nev...83b246986!2m2!1d-120.8276966!2d39.5595198!3e0

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Geo...cfdbb3f24!2m2!1d-120.8179891!2d39.0201768!3e0

I did these on an adventure motorcycle, but they would be fun in my Bronco too.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Have OnX and have been happy w/their maps and app. Use OnX offroad, and OnX hunt. Haven't tried w/android auto yet. Used it on my phone in my 90 Bronco, and OnX hunt on foot using my handheld garmin. Good way to keep from accidentally trespassing, and to find new places to explore! Where I live the details on OnX offroad are kinda sketchy regarding trails, trails we have used for years are completely off the map, and marked trails are sometimes forcibly closed by authorities, but it's better than nothing!
Is there a way to use OnX hunt on the Bronco screen with Android, or is that only OnX Offroad?

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is there a way to use OnX hunt on the Bronco screen with Android, or is that only OnX Offroad?
I am fairly certain OnX hunt will work w/android auto, but TBH I haven't tried because I only have OnX hunt installed on my garmin handheld, and OnX offroad on my phone. OnX hunt has way too much info going on to look at while I am driving, so I mainly use it when on foot, or driving slow on forest roads scouting potential hunting sites. For actual vehicle navigation OnX offroad is much better

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would love to be able to use Google Maps off of an iPhone, but have no clue if that's even possible.

It ought to be, since I can use Pandora with the sound system.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am fairly certain OnX hunt will work w/android auto, but TBH I haven't tried because I only have OnX hunt installed on my garmin handheld, and OnX offroad on my phone. OnX hunt has way too much info going on to look at while I am driving, so I mainly use it when on foot, or driving slow on forest roads scouting potential hunting sites. For actual vehicle navigation OnX offroad is much better
I'm just trying to save additional membership fees. As far as I can tell OnX Hunt will not interface with Android Auto but OnX Offroad will.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would love to be able to use Google Maps off of an iPhone, but have no clue if that's even possible.

It ought to be, since I can use Pandora with the sound system.
My Android will use Google Maps on the Bronco screen

Sponsored

Gil Carolina

Big Bend
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Howdy,

what trail map app do you guys recommend, if any? I’m looking to get out and explore with the family. But I have no idea where to go. Any tips on map apps would be helpful, thank you
You are in NorCal. Tons of trails in the sierra’s. You could hit Rubicon and be home for dinner.

No lie I’m a little jealous. 😂😂

OP
OP
Jon_chimpo

Jon_chimpo

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Me or my 70k bronco are not ready for the Rubicon. But yes, it’s about an hour from my house when my testicular growth increases. I’ve never done much rock crawling, looking to wet my beak, and work up to it