First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've seen a lot of people having bad dealer experiences. I thought I'd post a good dealer experience.

My dealer was Ron DuPratt Ford, Dixon, CA. Manager I dealt with was Ron Wolff. Its a small dealership (as NorCal dealers go).

In October 2021 I order a 2-Door Base. I think that was when the stripped price was $29500. I ordered mine with the automatic, 6-cyl engine, floor mats, aux switches, and the modular bumper. That was it. Total $35465 when I ordered in Oct. 2021.

Come 13+ months later and I picked up my Bronco 2-Door Base. I paid the price that was quoted back in Oct. 2021, and maybe $40 more for a document fee. No hassle about added dealer markup... no nothing. The finance manager (Tiffany) was great... although it didn't make much difference since I was paying cash. Of course they pitch their added dealer warranty... but so what. I was worried that they might try to get me to pay current base price. They did not.

Final bit of honesty... after I bought my Bronco the rep Brandon called up and said they had a $500 check for me. Come to find out they had forgotten to take off the original $500 I put down when I ordered in Oct. 2021. I hadn't thought about it up until that point. Maybe I wouldn't have ever noticed??? I picked up the check today.

So I know they have markups of $5000 in the few Bronco in their inventory, but as far as ordering a Bronco, and keeping their word... they were great. I don't know anything about their service department one way or the other. But sales was a bit of alright.

Just thought I'd mention that for NorCal folks looking for a Bronco.

Only thing that made me mad was the California sales tax and registration... but that's another matter. This state sucks for that.
Sponsored

USMCBronco

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Thanks for the feedback. I sent the dealership my info and hopefully I can work something out with them.

OP
OP
Owl

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hope it works for you. I bought a 2-Dr base, and my daughter bought a 4-Dr OBX with all the bells and whistles. The only thing we dickered about was the extended warranty... which we both decided to get (at a discount).

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've seen a lot of people having bad dealer experiences. I thought I'd post a good dealer experience.

My dealer was Ron DuPratt Ford, Dixon, CA. Manager I dealt with was Ron Wolff. Its a small dealership (as NorCal dealers go).

In October 2021 I order a 2-Door Base. I think that was when the stripped price was $29500. I ordered mine with the automatic, 6-cyl engine, floor mats, aux switches, and the modular bumper. That was it. Total $35465 when I ordered in Oct. 2021.

Come 13+ months later and I picked up my Bronco 2-Door Base. I paid the price that was quoted back in Oct. 2021, and maybe $40 more for a document fee. No hassle about added dealer markup... no nothing. The finance manager (Tiffany) was great... although it didn't make much difference since I was paying cash. Of course they pitch their added dealer warranty... but so what. I was worried that they might try to get me to pay current base price. They did not.

Final bit of honesty... after I bought my Bronco the rep Brandon called up and said they had a $500 check for me. Come to find out they had forgotten to take off the original $500 I put down when I ordered in Oct. 2021. I hadn't thought about it up until that point. Maybe I wouldn't have ever noticed??? I picked up the check today.

So I know they have markups of $5000 in the few Bronco in their inventory, but as far as ordering a Bronco, and keeping their word... they were great. I don't know anything about their service department one way or the other. But sales was a bit of alright.

Just thought I'd mention that for NorCal folks looking for a Bronco.

Only thing that made me mad was the California sales tax and registration... but that's another matter. This state sucks for that.
Thank you for sharing your experience!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Now we just need a California dealer to step up and offer an actual reasonable ESP since we've been banned from shopping around.

Sponsored

BigBend530

Big Bend
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2Dr.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Now we just need a California dealer to step up and offer an actual reasonable ESP since we've been banned from shopping around.
My local dealer said they were doing $500 over cost. I was surprised by that after seeing what the dealership I bought our Bronco from wanted.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Owl

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
So that is the Oroville Ford dealer?

OP
OP
Owl

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
The dealer I started this thread with was Dixon Ford (Ron DuPratt), but that wasn't where BigBend530 was I believe. He'll have to say.

On the Oroville Ford site... I saw seven very-high priced Broncos.

So... I have no idea which Ford dealer he was talking about.

The statement I made originally is that they quoted (and held to) the MSRP at the time you ordered your Bronco.

So BigBend530... where are the 500 over cost Broncos?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My local dealer said they were doing $500 over cost. I was surprised by that after seeing what the dealership I bought our Bronco from wanted.
Yeah...which dealer...if this is true, they are about to sell a shit ton (excuse my French) on esps

Sponsored

ScLeCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer said they would sell me a ESP for employee cost. It was still $3600. $1600 more than Granger for the same plan.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My dealer said they would sell me a ESP for employee cost. It was still $3600. $1600 more than Granger for the same plan.
They are lying to you. Grangers price are the correct ones. Hell, my dealer offered me up one for like 2k when I bought mine.. turned it down, without before I found out California screwed me

Squatchinrob

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was at Ford of Fairfield today. They told me they sale the ESP at $500 over their cost and that was their company policy per the finance person. Does anyone know of better pricing in California? My guess with the change California made, probably not. Why do I feel like this will end up in court at some point.

OP
OP
Owl

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I see they have a 2-door in stock. SAS and I think Big Bend (looking at the interior), as I didn't see the sticker or mention of the model, and I couldn't read it in the pictures.

$55900 seems a bit high to me for something on the lot, and then expecting that to order you'll only have to pay 500 over. They are mentioning the 5000 over MSRP. So MSRP is $50,900 for a Big Bend SAS?

Does that seem correct?

Just trying to gauge a little from what they have showing...

Reiningrl

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suv
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m new to the forums. Could I trouble someone to tell me what ESP is, and the California change is?
Sponsored