First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First edition 4 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yea I totally get it. I think the reason they didn’t add AC to center console nor electronic components to rear seats was to keep the washout ability. Too much electronics in those and it would be hard to hose down inside.
I personally prefer less seat electronics and having washout seats and floors.
There is a front view camera if you do have the 360 degree view. The button should be right next to the physical volume knob.
Thanks! Again, I need to spend more time with the manual, but this is easier! 😁
Sponsored

OP
OP
Brian514

Brian514

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was looking at a new V, 3-times the price....I thought they were kidding. $151K for an SUV....but then a new diesel 3/4 ton is approaching $100K. I bought a new Mustang in the 60's for $2K.
Lol. Yea, I said twice cause the cheapest trim is about $90k msrp. 😂

OP
OP
Brian514

Brian514

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
trust me, I use mine outdoors all the time. It has never crossed my mind that I needed anything other than a key fob or phone to unlock it. So where would you keep your key if you only wanted to use the watch to get into it?
I get it, the fob isn’t that big and isn’t a problem most of the time. I have it with my other keys on a bronco keychain. Yes, I can remove it and just carry the fob but it’s annoying to remove and put back on.

In the winter, I snowboard a lot and I don’t mind having it on my pocket zipped away. However, sometimes I get in deep snow and my pants get wet. Or I catch my edge and the fob slams against my leg. Hurts. What I do now is just leave keys in car and lock it with the keypad.
However, I get nervous leaving the fob in the car with a soft top. Anyone can try to break in and drive it off.

Adding Apple CarKey, it would allow me to just have my watch on and leave fob at home. The Apple Watch or iPhone uses the NFC in the device to unlock and drive off without the fob.

OP
OP
Brian514

Brian514

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you know the Bronco isn't an EV, right?
You don’t say! Doesn’t need to be to use a function that Ford and Apple have already created.

OP
OP
Brian514

Brian514

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It has this ability! Download FordPass app.
Yea but you can’t drive it without the fob.
With Apple Car Key or the advanced Ford App, you can drive it with just your iPhone on you.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Brian514

Brian514

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
CD player and power seats in 2 door.
CD player? What are those. 😂
Would you rather have power seats or washout seat and floor?
You pretty much lose the washout seat and floor with power seats.

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

CD player? What are those. 😂
Would you rather have power seats or washout seat and floor?
You pretty much lose the washout seat and floor with power seats.
Not even a question, power for the win. I couldn't care less about washout trash. This is a daily driver that goes trail and Beach driving but I'm not going doors off in wet mud. And yes I still buy music, crazy I know.

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yea but you can’t drive it without the fob.
With Apple Car Key or the advanced Ford App, you can drive it with just your iPhone on you.
I must have mis-read, I thought you just said lock and unlock. It can start same as autobstart just wont go in gear nor drive without the fob present. Personally I wouldn't buy a vehicle that could be started and driven off by a phone the security risk isn't worth the toys r us novelty.

Last edited:

7sKnuckledragger

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 1978 K5, 2007.5 Ram 2500, 2022 F150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I must have mis-read, I thought you just said lock and unlock. Personally I wouldn't buy a vehicle that could be started by a phone the security risk isn't worth the toys r us novelty.
Ummm you can start the bronco with you’re phone
Ford Bronco I (you) wish the Bronco came with…? IMG_5216

Sponsored
OP
OP
Brian514

Brian514

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I must have mis-read, I thought you just said lock and unlock. Personally I wouldn't buy a vehicle that could be started by a phone the security risk isn't worth the toys r us novelty.
That makes no sense. You don’t trust a phone that has security features but you trust a fob that has zero security.
Trust me, it would be much easier to steal a fob than it is to steal a phone and be able to unlock it.

OP
OP
Brian514

Brian514

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not even a question, power for the win. I couldn't care less about washout trash. This is a daily driver that goes trail and Beach driving but I'm not going doors off in wet mud. And yes I still buy music, crazy I know.
Wow really. Most people wouldn’t give you the washout floors. I guess it’s just a personal preference.
It would be nice to have memory power seats but not at the cost of losing the washout floors.
During winter, my Bronco gets filled with snow and mud. Washing it out is so easy and especially with the drains.

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That makes no sense. You don’t trust a phone that has security features but you trust a fob that has zero security.
Trust me, it would be much easier to steal a fob than it is to steal a phone and be able to unlock it.
Easy to hack a phone. In fact most people willingly give up their security with apps they download. Fun fact statistically thieves target phones more then wallets now because they can get all the information they want. Apple, Facebook ect all have their own Spyware FB literally got started by hacking. While we're on the subject actually the thing I'd want the most on the Bronco is an actual ignition.