Sponsored

What I Wish Someone Made/Sold for the Bronco; What Else Would You Want?

kmntc4

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 4-Door 2.3L 7-Spd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So... why exactly does this not fit on a hardtop? Anyone know?
Go look at JCR Offroad. They have upper and lower molle panels for the 2 and 4 door. I have several JCR parts on my bronco and the rear molle panels will be what I do next.

JcrOffroad: Bronco
Sponsored

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There are so many great accessories and modifications already available for the Bronco, and I've definitely spent a significant amount of money on some of those items, but there are still a few things I'd really like to buy IF someone made then.

I curious to know what other accessories people want/need?

My two items are:

1. Door reinstall device: I already have a device for helping me to remove/replace the top, but wish someone made a device that assisted with reinstalling the doors (reinstalling them wasn't impossible, but I'd sure like something that could maybe hold the door up for me, maybe adjust height with foot pedal, and I could just wheel it into position or something simpler so I don't worry about dropping it). Sort of like a TopLiftPro for doors...

2. Canvas doors: I would really like to have simple/light-weight canvas doors that I could quickly throw on in case of rain or whatever (have seen these for Jeeps https://www.bestop.com/products/ful...-factory-door-surrounds-door-strikers-4-door/ but nothing yet for Bronco)

What else would you like to see/encourage some innovative company to make and sell??
Magic Invisible Anti-Rattle Spray

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So... why exactly does this not fit on a hardtop? Anyone know?
Earlier versions required putting an angle grinder to one of the metal plates to fit the hard top. Not a big deal if you have access to a grinder. THis has been fixed in the newer versions which fit without mods.

davidforlife

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d like to see some sort of cross bar so that I could drive with the rear cap of the 2-door off, but still have the front 2 panels sturdily in place. For more of a late 70s on, full-size Bronco look.
diy cross bar for my two door. It’s solid. I might paint it and put some end caps at some point. “Truck” mode is awesome!

IMG_1834.jpeg

IMG_1829.jpeg

IMG_1826.jpeg

IMG_1835.jpeg

IMG_1837.jpeg

IMG_1840.jpeg

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Didn't read the whole thread, but...

A tow package that increases tow capacity to 7500 lbs
V8
better dash or raptor dash conversion

Sponsored

TC04

Raptor
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Speaker/sound bar to mount to BRaptor center cross brace. Would prefer integrated speakers but I’d settle for mounted or supported by the bar.

KingCakeKid

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Aftermarket: A decent sunglasses holder
Factory: Rear Air Conditioning

davidforlife

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sweet! I’ll have to try something similar. Looks good with the front panels on!
What size tubing? Would you make any changes if you rebuilt it?
I’m no engineer/welder. My goal was to use the tools I already had in my garage, and simple bolt together supplies from Home Depot. The main tube is 1” punched squared joined with 1.25” tube using bolts, nuts, and washers. The 1.25” tube was strictly used to add length and I had to cut it shorter. So, if you can get 1” tubing long enough to stretch across, then you’ll save some work and a potential weak point that mine has. I made sure it’s solid though, no rattling or bending from the device at all. Also note that the clamps on the panels fit perfectly snug, latched around the 1” tube. Anything thicker won’t work, and anything smaller defeats the purpose of securing the panels tightly.

The tubing needs to be at just the right height and placement front to back so that the rubber bumpers on the panels do their job. Trial and error was the name of the game for the L-brackets. They’re mounted to the bronco using the factory bolts securing the clamshell hardtop and one of the bolts holding the clamshell mounting plate (total of 2 factory bolts on each side). I drilled holes in the brackets big enough so there was enough play to shift them left, right, forward, and back as needed.

If you want some actual measurements, let me know. Also, I just remove the 4 factory bolts and lift the whole thing off when ready to replace the clamshell. It’s quick.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m no engineer/welder. My goal was to use the tools I already had in my garage, and simple bolt together supplies from Home Depot. The main tube is 1” punched squared joined with 1.25” tube using bolts, nuts, and washers. The 1.25” tube was strictly used to add length and I had to cut it shorter. So, if you can get 1” tubing long enough to stretch across, then you’ll save some work and a potential weak point that mine has. I made sure it’s solid though, no rattling or bending from the device at all. Also note that the clamps on the panels fit perfectly snug, latched around the 1” tube. Anything thicker won’t work, and anything smaller defeats the purpose of securing the panels tightly.

The tubing needs to be at just the right height and placement front to back so that the rubber bumpers on the panels do their job. Trial and error was the name of the game for the L-brackets. They’re mounted to the bronco using the factory bolts securing the clamshell hardtop and one of the bolts holding the clamshell mounting plate (total of 2 factory bolts on each side). I drilled holes in the brackets big enough so there was enough play to shift them left, right, forward, and back as needed.

If you want some actual measurements, let me know. Also, I just remove the 4 factory bolts and lift the whole thing off when ready to replace the clamshell. It’s quick.
I'll try is as a one piece, if you'd give me the total length measurement it would be greatly appreciated. What did you use for the rubber bumpers? Your build deserves of thread of its own, it's a solution to a problem many have asked about.

davidforlife

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll try is as a one piece, if you'd give me the total length measurement it would be greatly appreciated. What did you use for the rubber bumpers? Your build deserves of thread of its own, it's a solution to a problem many have asked about.
Good idea to do a post on this. The total length is 49" exactly. Those rubber bumpers are already attached to the panels (see below). They're asymmetrical on the back side and work well if you let the longer part sort of drape over the back corner of the 1" tube when latched.

Ford Bronco What I Wish Someone Made/Sold for the Bronco;  What Else Would You Want? Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 11.55.56 PM
Sponsored