Sponsored

What happens to "unsold inventory" of 2023?

tropical2020

First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I feel really stupid for asking this..... since people can't place orders for 2023 Broncos from Ford anymore what happens to unsold inventory of 2023s? Where does "unsold inventory" go? I suppose there is no unsold inventory. It's such high demand there is no such thing as "unsold inventory" LOL
Sponsored

Layman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure there is such a thing as unsold inventory. Ford has pretty much sold every car it has ever made to one dealership or another. Likewise every car offered at a dealership seems to haave sold also, as there are no Ford dealers with unsold Ford Fairlanes sitting on their lot fromt he 60s and 70s. So one way or antoher every car gets sold eventually.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No different than any other vehicle. If the dealer still has any left over, they usually have a model year end clearance sale. In this case with demand being so high, doubt you'd see that.

Sponsored

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
People see spam stories on the interwebs that entice people to click on thier page..."See what happens to unsold inventory...blah blah blah" . Nothing goes unsold...if it's sitting at a plant, it get's pushed to dealers, if it's sitting at a dealership, it'll get discounted, if it doesn't get sold then, it'll likely end up in a loaner/rental fleet at the dealer and sold as used, or as a last resort, it goes to auction.

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealers will go “fishing” for un-informed buyers ….

Most likely still a few around who will be preyed on/ late to the party.

mrjking2000

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BadSasquatch, 2019 F-250 PowerStroker
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
they ship them back to ford to be re-badged and vins changed to 2024 models. LMAO! (no...no they don't).

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I feel really stupid for asking this..... since people can't place orders for 2023 Broncos from Ford anymore what happens to unsold inventory of 2023s? Where does "unsold inventory" go? I suppose there is no unsold inventory. It's such high demand there is no such thing as "unsold inventory" LOL
Nom, nom, nom ...

Ford Bronco What happens to "unsold inventory" of 2023? maşın-tullantı

But no, no unsold inventory @frdfan above is right on the money. Now I will say how many Ford GT's or special edition Shelby's do you see sitting in the big money showrooms? I'm not sure if the dealer's buy those themselves or just pay it off or whatever but most of them are technically new or unsold.

Sponsored

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just do a search on Cargurus for new Broncos, theres tons everywhere
It probably seems like there are a ton of unsold Broncos but even customer special order vehicles get posted on the dealer websites. So you might find a dealer that has 10 Broncos listed and all 10 are customer ordered and probably not for sale unless they bail on the order.

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think they send it out of the country like apparel when a sports team doesn't win the championship.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think they send it out of the country like apparel when a sports team doesn't win the championship.
Lol. That would be funny. Go to [insert impoverished 3rd world country of your choice here] and everybody is driving around in 2022 AMB 2-door Base Man-Squatchs wearing Philly Eagles SB LVII Champs t-shirts.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs