First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoes! Waiting for that 2 door to ship!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Glad you and the family are safe! I truly hope something will work out with the insurance and a new Raptor.

And sorry... I have to laugh at the Lightning Mcqueen pic!
Sponsored

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

First off Iā€™m glad to hear your ok. Keep tabs on it though, the back/body pains can come days later and if you need chiro visits they need to pay.

Secondā€¦.I have new found respect for the hard top. From all I read on here about how crappy itā€™s made it seems to have pulled through pretty well!

Again, Iā€™m really glad you came out of this unscathed.

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow, how scary! I am very happy to see you making a post about your damaged vehicle and not a life lost. Man, what a blessing to go home and see your family another day! God Bless man.

-Adam

NightShade

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I hate to say thisā€¦but get a lawyer and do it NOW.

the company that the driver works for will not like this. But do it and do not talk to their insurance agent without one. Period.
As stated above, get an attorney, get medically checked out. His insurance/attorneys may reach out to you but should be directed through your attorney. Something innocuous as ā€˜Hi, how are you?ā€™ You are never ok and donā€™t get into how you feel as it can be used against you. Iā€™m not advocating fraud just that you may have real lingering issues down the road and donā€™t want to close off compensation down the road for mistakenly saying something you think is innocent but is used against you. If they donā€™t total it, you are entitled to depreciation value as it will show up on future carfax reports and will affect trade in/retail value.

Glad you and the kids are ok and with us!

Sponsored

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Posting this as a bit of a vent but also for anyone who likes to see post accident results on their cars.

Let me start by saying I really believe the Braptor saved my life today. I had to wrestle like hell to keep from spiraling into 5 other vehicles, but I was run off the road by a fully loaded concrete truck today who decided to merge into my lane with no warning on a very crowded highway. The damage should have been a lot worse and I'm still completely stunned it's as intact as it is after what I experienced.

We tangoed for about 50ft while trying to stop before he finally won and I spun into the opposing lanes, when I finally came to a stop I got love tapped by a semi who was trying to stop. I really believe that most other vehicles I've owned would have put me right under that concrete truck and they'd still be cleaning me off the highway. Fortunately the driver admitted fault on the police report and was cited for failure to merge properly so that will hopefully save a couple headaches.

While I'm thankful to be alive, I'm pretty devastated for my truck. My kids might be more sad than I am. After waiting 2.5 years, we only got about 7 months together and I loved every single mile. Was just looking forward to that first fall weather šŸ˜”.

If anyone has any advice for how to navigate this with the driver's insurance, please don't hesitate to reach out as I've never been in this situation. I'm quite mixed on whether or not I'd accept a repair (which seems highly unlikely anyway) given the Carfax report is gonna be ugly as hell...versus just totaling it and trying again in another 3 years.

Stuff can be replaced. Life is short. Hug your kids.

Now queue the comments about "safer ways to get rid of your ugly fenders" šŸ˜…

Screenshot_20230821_165330_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230821_165315_Gallery.jpg

20230821_123606.jpg

20230821_123618.jpg

20230821_123541.jpg

Screenshot_20230821_165315_Gallery.jpg
Glad youā€™re okay. Suggest you look at your kids and wife tonight and concentrate on that versus what it could have been tonight-for you and them. Yes, itā€™s a big pile of šŸ’©but you can get another one and it wonā€™t take two years. Try 4-8 months(I get my Black Diamond in four months-just picked it up last week. Total it out and reorder. Then enjoy the family and friends and everything else you like while your new Bronco is being built. You survived-no venting needed, just thanks.

ElonMuk

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All the vehicles
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would like to say glad you are okay from the loss! The vehicle can be repaired/ replaced.

Now as far as repairs go, I work in the autobody industry. By the looks of the vehicle it is likely repairable. New fender, RF fender flare, RF fender liner RF door, RR door, RT Running board, RT QP flare, hard to see RT QP extent of dmgs besides flare, tire(s), wheel(s), RF lower control arm, 4WA can be seen as of now. Possibly some other suspension but will need dis-assy for that. I wrote a prelim estimate based off of this (photos you uploaded) for you and its around $13.5k and showing only at 15% of threshold total value. This is also based off of higher body and refn rates due to the fact I didnt enter an insurance carriers rates which are lower. You'd have to add about 30k more to total this thing. Either way best of luck in whatever happens :)

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor Accident w/ Concrete Truck -- Aftermath. Thankful to be alive! prelim.PNG

PurpleBronco2.3

Base
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Itā€™s wild that the lower control arm bolt to the spindle was stronger than the lower control arm. šŸ˜³

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad you're doing ok! It's why I said I'm never getting a small car again. My F150 Raptor gave me the same feeling that you could survive just about anything. Hard to get those (and obviously the Braptor) things unsettled. Always felt my Raptor was self-correcting if it started to get off-kilter off-road. The way people drive anymore is just crazy. Hang in there and I hope you can get into another Braptor sooner than you think!!

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife was rear ended by a dump truck while stopped slowing for another wreck on 95. Itā€™s no different than any other claim. Let your insurance handle the majority of the situation. Know your market and be prepared for negotiations on value. Definitely get diminished value if it ends up repaired. Glad youā€™re safe.

Sponsored

STONEWALKER

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak, 2020 VW Cross Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Posting this as a bit of a vent but also for anyone who likes to see post accident results on their cars.

Let me start by saying I really believe the Braptor saved my life today. I had to wrestle like hell to keep from spiraling into 5 other vehicles, but I was run off the road by a fully loaded concrete truck today who decided to merge into my lane with no warning on a very crowded highway. The damage should have been a lot worse and I'm still completely stunned it's as intact as it is after what I experienced.

We tangoed for about 50ft while trying to stop before he finally won and I spun into the opposing lanes, when I finally came to a stop I got love tapped by a semi who was trying to stop. I really believe that most other vehicles I've owned would have put me right under that concrete truck and they'd still be cleaning me off the highway. Fortunately the driver admitted fault on the police report and was cited for failure to merge properly so that will hopefully save a couple headaches.

While I'm thankful to be alive, I'm pretty devastated for my truck. My kids might be more sad than I am. After waiting 2.5 years, we only got about 7 months together and I loved every single mile. Was just looking forward to that first fall weather šŸ˜”.

If anyone has any advice for how to navigate this with the driver's insurance, please don't hesitate to reach out as I've never been in this situation. I'm quite mixed on whether or not I'd accept a repair (which seems highly unlikely anyway) given the Carfax report is gonna be ugly as hell...versus just totaling it and trying again in another 3 years.

Stuff can be replaced. Life is short. Hug your kids.

Now queue the comments about "safer ways to get rid of your ugly fenders" šŸ˜…

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor Accident w/ Concrete Truck -- Aftermath. Thankful to be alive! prelim.PNG

Grateful that youā€™re alive!! Vehicles can be replaced, you cannot.

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

On the plus side you found a creative way to remove those ugly fender flares.

BangBus

Big Bend
First Name
Vincenzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Dr Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Glad youā€™re okayā€¦how much for the headlights lol

C-Note

Base
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
For what itā€™s worth, my wife and I were T Boned by a Tahoe in her Fusion. We were spun around and weā€™re fine, no visits to a Dr or anything. Cars these days are safer than we think. Glad everyone is ok.
Sponsored