Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Obx SaS/2021 Bronco sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I hate to say this…but get a lawyer and do it NOW.

the company that the driver works for will not like this. But do it and do not talk to their insurance agent without one. Period.
OP are you OK? I hope you are. At the same time he admitted fault and insurance will replace the vehicle. Shit happens
Are you a perfect driver? Maybe truckers should be suing some of the 4 wheelers out there. The op didn't say he was in the hospital in a coma with broken bones internal bleeding and about to die. The lawsuit could possibly ruin the driver's life. We are all out there just trying to do a job and go home. Shit happens. That's the problem everyone wants their payday. I am by no means diminishing what happened to the op. Or the accident. Remember without that trucker you wouldn't be driving a BRONCO or eating or getting that patio poured. When the op says that trucker failed his required drug and alcohol testing then you can call the lawyer.
Sponsored

BangBus

Big Bend
First Name
Vincenzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Dr Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hahaha nah let’s get this man a new raptor and some extra cash for his head ache the other driver caused him

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This will take a while but you will get a replacement B Raptor. Just have an attorney call the insurance company and tell them that you will find the one you want and then let them write the check for it. They will too for fear of you suing them and costing them a bunch more money.

Coastalcop

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They are going to want to repair it in all likelihood. That said it will Never be the same again. When the offers come in , diminished value or a rare 100k + vehicle need to be discussed. If you don’t go the atty. Route , EVERYTHING is negotiable, if you do go the atty. Route, let them do all of that.

if they do fix it, SELL it when repaired ( no telling when with parts availablily, which is another negotiation of inability to use asset)

with the wife’s rx360 that caught afreewheeling tire that jumped the I-10 median, I was sure they were going to total it. They didn’t, The car dealers body shop did the work and warrantied the work. I asked for a buy offer as soon as they were done and sold it to them. Just the metal fatigue in frame and “non-involved” body panels is enough to affect structural integrity .

sorry bout your loss, but remember when you’re getting steamed, you’re looking down at the grass……. Not up at it.

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Word of caution. If you have anything feeling like a twinge anywhere, Get to the doctor and have it documented. May be no big deal now, but it can come back to haunt you far in the future. Sister was in a wreck, back was a little bit "tweaked", but no big deal, refused to go to the doctor. 15 years later went to a doctor for chronic back pain, was told it was due to a previous trauma. Not documented, didn't happen...

HPR23Wildling

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Y, 2012 BMW 335is vert
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I hate to say this…but get a lawyer and do it NOW.

the company that the driver works for will not like this. But do it and do not talk to their insurance agent without one. Period.
Exactly what he said…. Sadly

HPR23Wildling

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Y, 2012 BMW 335is vert
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Word of caution. If you have anything feeling like a twinge anywhere, Get to the doctor and have it documented. May be no big deal now, but it can come back to haunt you far in the future. Sister was in a wreck, back was a little bit "tweaked", but no big deal, refused to go to the doctor. 15 years later went to a doctor for chronic back pain, was told it was due to a previous trauma. Not documented, didn't happen...
as I sit here with a tens unit on a compressed nerve in my neck from a motorcycle accident when I was 25. I’m 49 and it didn’t appear until about three years ago. My neck hurt, but I rubbed some dirt on it.

live and learn

OP
OP
Krieger

Krieger

Raptor
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If they don’t total it, you are entitled to depreciation value as it will show up on future carfax reports and will affect trade in/retail value.

Glad you and the kids are ok and with us!
Appreciate it! I was very fortunate to walk away. Curious about the depreciation value. I know usually insurance calculates a number for this but I've always dealt with it with property damage to a building, not to a new car. Do they just base it on some formula for the value lost due to a title that has an accident tied to it now? Not sure what a "fair" price would be for that.

I wrote a prelim estimate based off of this (photos you uploaded) for you and its around $13.5k and showing only at 15% of threshold total value. This is also based off of higher body and refn rates due to the fact I didnt enter an insurance carriers rates which are lower. You'd have to add about 30k more to total this thing. Either way best of luck in whatever happens :)
Really appreciate you doing this as it helps me plan for what to expect. I'm not sure how things like part availability factor into this - I'd expect they'd have to put me in a trashy rental for several months while I continue paying my hefty car payment... Ugh not looking forward to this process.

bikesandguitars

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Wildtrak, ‘22 Tundra TRD PRO
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
One early fall night after a heavy snow, a fully loaded tree limb fell from the near top of an old oak. It was a strange sight as the limb was coming down almost perfectly parallel to the ground. I happened to look up and thought, “That’s a lot of leaves to be falling in a straight line at one time”. A fraction of a second later I realized it was a giant limb and it was going to land across two lanes of traffic. I was driving in the outside lane. I knew there was a small car with at least one child in the car next to me. I had noticed them earlier.

I thought about swerving into oncoming traffic but quickly decided that a head on collision at 40 mph was probably more dangerous than what I decided to do next. I locked up my brakes and cranked my steering wheel to the right. I hit the small car with the kid in it. The impact sent them through a golf course fence and 100 feet further on to the fairway. The limb fell and clipped my drivers side bumper. The limb was at least 15 feet long and well over 250 lbs, maybe more. It took two people to pull it across the street and out of traffic.

When the police arrived, they assessed the situation, looked at the tree limb, then my car and then at me. The female officer, with a completely straight face, said, “Do you need me to get you a change of pants?”

That‘s what I thought about when I read the story of your accident. It must’ve been terrifying.

Sponsored

Tactisquatch

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Posting this as a bit of a vent but also for anyone who likes to see post accident results on their cars.

Let me start by saying I really believe the Braptor saved my life today. I had to wrestle like hell to keep from spiraling into 5 other vehicles, but I was run off the road by a fully loaded concrete truck today who decided to merge into my lane with no warning on a very crowded highway. The damage should have been a lot worse and I'm still completely stunned it's as intact as it is after what I experienced.

We tangoed for about 50ft while trying to stop before he finally won and I spun into the opposing lanes, when I finally came to a stop I got love tapped by a semi who was trying to stop. I really believe that most other vehicles I've owned would have put me right under that concrete truck and they'd still be cleaning me off the highway. Fortunately the driver admitted fault on the police report and was cited for failure to merge properly so that will hopefully save a couple headaches.

While I'm thankful to be alive, I'm pretty devastated for my truck. My kids might be more sad than I am. After waiting 2.5 years, we only got about 7 months together and I loved every single mile. Was just looking forward to that first fall weather 😔.

If anyone has any advice for how to navigate this with the driver's insurance, please don't hesitate to reach out as I've never been in this situation. I'm quite mixed on whether or not I'd accept a repair (which seems highly unlikely anyway) given the Carfax report is gonna be ugly as hell...versus just totaling it and trying again in another 3 years.

Stuff can be replaced. Life is short. Hug your kids.

Now queue the comments about "safer ways to get rid of your ugly fenders" 😅

Screenshot_20230821_165330_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230821_165315_Gallery.jpg

20230821_123606.jpg

20230821_123618.jpg

20230821_123541.jpg

Screenshot_20230821_165315_Gallery.jpg
Tie rods look good.

OP
OP
Krieger

Krieger

Raptor
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

One early fall night after a heavy snow, a fully loaded tree limb fell from the near top of an old oak. It was a strange sight as the limb was coming down almost perfectly parallel to the ground. I happened to look up and thought, “That’s a lot of leaves to be falling in a straight line at one time”. A fraction of a second later I realized it was a giant limb and it was going to land across two lanes of traffic. I was driving in the outside lane. I knew there was a small car with at least one child in the car next to me. I had noticed them earlier.

I thought about swerving into oncoming traffic but quickly decided that a head on collision at 40 mph was probably more dangerous than what I decided to do next. I locked up my brakes and cranked my steering wheel to the right. I hit the small car with the kid in it. The impact sent them through a golf course fence and 100 feet further on to the fairway. The limb fell and clipped my drivers side bumper. The limb was at least 15 feet long and well over 250 lbs, maybe more. It took two people to pull it across the street and out of traffic.

When the police arrived, they assessed the situation, looked at the tree limb, then my car and then at me. The female officer, with a completely straight face, said, “Do you need me to get you a change of pants?”

That‘s what I thought about when I read the story of your accident. It must’ve been terrifying.
Glad you made it through! Definitely similar to what happened to me today. So many split second decisions and what ifs. The more I recap it to people, the more I'm 1. Absolutely stunned I'm alive given all that took place and 2. that only 3 vehicles were impacted when I was pushed across 3 lanes of traffic in rush hour with cars all around doing 65mph (75 if you count the two express lanes I was forced into).

I had to tell at least 5 people today that the coffee all over my pants wasn't from me pissing myself- but at first I wasn't even sure! 😅

I may have sold 10+ Broncos today between the police, paramedics, and firefighters who were stunned I walked away and how much abuse that thing took.

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

NightShade

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Appreciate it! I was very fortunate to walk away. Curious about the depreciation value. I know usually insurance calculates a number for this but I've always dealt with it with property damage to a building, not to a new car. Do they just base it on some formula for the value lost due to a title that has an accident tied to it now? Not sure what a "fair" price would be for that.

Really appreciate you doing this as it helps me plan for what to expect. I'm not sure how things like part availability factor into this - I'd expect they'd have to put me in a trashy rental for several months while I continue paying my hefty car payment... Ugh not looking forward to this process.
There should be a cost associated for lost warranty time too. Your warranty is ticking down while your vehicle may be in the shop for months. I’d say the same thing for the cost of maintaining vehicle insurance on a vehicle you may not be able to drive in 3-6 months. They may tell ya to pound sand but you never know unless you ask. I remember when I had a pretty serious accident with my F150 and got t-boned, going with well reviewed body shops got me a lifetime warranty on the repairs/paint for my vehicle. Keep that in consideration.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Glad you are ok. Let us know how it goes. So many things to consider in this one. I never even thought about what an accident would do to its value until I went to sell my last car and they mentioned it.
Sponsored