Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did this eons ago with a fob from AliExpress I bought for under $20. Nice to have one set as a "valet" key with both MyKey active and an uncut key blade (no means to unlock glove box or center console).
Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmm... my Bronco came with my key and a spare key. :unsure:

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Would this work if I had to buy a fob and have dealer program it? I bought used and only got one, which the dealer shoulda make seller buy one or the dealer I bought the bronco from should have provided it, but didn’t. Luckily I had insurance that covered it at no charge, but had to say I lost it.
Don’t quote me but I’m pretty sure you need 2 keys to inexpensively program a third

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the definition of insurance. You don't need a third key? Great! Saved prolly couple hundo. Good for you!

You need the third for some reason? 😱 😱 😱 😱

I mean, really, is a third that big a deal? :whistle:

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
I bought two FOBs off EBay... one for my 2022 2Dr Base (3-button), and one fancy one for my daughter's 2023 4Dr OBX. I think the cost came to $60 for both, and that included blank keys.

I bought from a guy who's handle was "Jack_Locksmith", and the OBX key was -- REPLACEMENT FOR 2021-22 FORD BRONCO REMOTE START SMART KEY FOB 164-R8297 5940321

The OBX key stated 2021-2022, but I took a chance that it would work for 2023, and it did.

No problem with programming either... took 2 tries for my 2Dr Base, and since daughter had the Ford safe I had to work around that in the console, but did it on the 1st try.

I didn't worry about getting either key cut. I figure if I lose one of the original FOBs, then I'll worry about getting the keys cut. I just bought them for 2-FOB programming insurance.

I mean... I've only used my key once, and that was just to see if it worked.

In regard to batteries... in case of emergency can't you put existing FOB (assuming you have key to get inside) into the bottom of the center console, and start Bronco? I thought that was something I read. Anybody like to clarify?

G.

Gypsy

Badlands
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought two FOBs off EBay... one for my 2022 2Dr Base (3-button), and one fancy one for my daughter's 2023 4Dr OBX. I think the cost came to $60 for both, and that included blank keys.

I bought from a guy who's handle was "Jack_Locksmith", and the OBX key was -- REPLACEMENT FOR 2021-22 FORD BRONCO REMOTE START SMART KEY FOB 164-R8297 5940321

The OBX key stated 2021-2022, but I took a chance that it would work for 2023, and it did.

No problem with programming either... took 2 tries for my 2Dr Base, and since daughter had the Ford safe I had to work around that in the console, but did it on the 1st try.

I didn't worry about getting either key cut. I figure if I lose one of the original FOBs, then I'll worry about getting the keys cut. I just bought them for 2-FOB programming insurance.

I mean... I've only used my key once, and that was just to see if it worked.

In regard to batteries... in case of emergency can't you put existing FOB (assuming you have key to get inside) into the bottom of the center console, and start Bronco? I thought that was something I read. Anybody like to clarify?

G.
Thank you for the tip, I ordered a spare for our 2023 Badlands🙂

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If all else fails, try a local lock smith. My wife lost the key fob years ago to our Mazda. Went through the dealer and it was close to $400.

Fast foward and I bought a used jeep with only 1 fob. Called a local locksmith and he came out to my house, spent 15 minutes and for $200 I had a brand new fob and working key.

Of course buying a Fob now while I have the ability to program it for the Bronco is the smart move... Just got to get off my procrastination seat.

Had this one on my list for a long time. Another member had bought one and it worked fine.

Keyless Entry Remote Key Fob, Alliskeys Smart Proximity Key Replacement for Ford Lincoln 4 Buttons M3N-A2C93142600 902MHz

https://a.co/d/2ihIMRr

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is my PSA for those buying a used car with a dealer. After your price has been angreed upon, but before you sign, ask if the car comes with two keys. If it doesn't, tell them you want them to include a second key or no deal. They know it doesn't cost them much, so they will do it to ink the deal. But if you don't get a second key it will cost you a lot. A ton of used vehicles only come with one key. Lots of times, owners have two keys, but hadn't planned on making a deal and trading in, so the second key is somewhere in their house. If you are buying private party, negotiate the price lower if it doesn't include two keys.

Last edited:

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just to clarify on my "buying a FOB off EBAY from Jack_Locksmith" note a few back... the URL I used for the OBX was the one listed. The Base has a 3-button mouse. It was a different order.

On EBAY -- the guy says "make sure your FOB looks like this". That is the 1st check.

The Base is different, and I believe the base radio-signal IS NOT 902 MHz... it is 315MHz...so the OBX FOB will not work on a Base.

The info provided below was the info I used for my 3-button Base order to track down correct FOB for my 2022 Bronco 2Dr Base. I wouldn't rely on the table in the list on EBay as to what it works with. Make sure the FOB looks the same and check your existing FOB part-number if you have it. For MY 2022 Base this was the info:

FCC ID: M3N-A2C931423

Ford ID: M2-DT-15K601-AB 315 MHz
ABF39373 315 MHz 25822

Part #: 164-R8295, 5940319, M2DT-15K601-AB (all appear the same)

I don't have the EBay URL handy for the Base FOB, but the above info and ordering from Jack_Locksmith should be enough -- but order at your own risk. Again -- this applies to Base Broncos. Mine is a late 2022.

That is about as clear of directions as I can give for a Base Bronco FOB... the OBX FOB was a few notes back.

sjjohnny

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Black Diamond, '00 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I bought an extra fob to program, but I'm not getting the chime that tells you when to switch keys. That might be because I've fortran-ed my bronco to turn the door chimes off. If that's the case, maybe you can give me an idea of how long it takes to go from one key to the next...? Thanks.

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you program a new third fob with the two original, does the new third become an original to then program a fourth with, or would a 4th fob need the original two again?
Sponsored