First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Miata/2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I did some searching and can’t seem to find anyone who has had this issue… the drain in my 2 door BL with the vinyl floor does not seem to be sealed very well. Went smashing thru a puddle while off-roading (as one does) and water managed to make its way inside with the windows up. Appears to be coming from the passenger side floor drain as it soaked the back of my friends legs, and splattered muddy water all over the bottom of the passenger seat and my interior. And before anyone asks, yes the drain was closed. Assuming it’s missing some sort of seal or shield? Vehicle was not submerged in water for a long period or anything, just bashing thru a puddle. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

For reference this is the underside of my drain. I see a threaded hole next to it that appears like there should be something mounted to prevent water shooting up thru the drain

IMG_3247.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Copper Red NC

Copper Red NC

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Miata/2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Take hose and spray the bottom and see where the water is coming from. You sure the passenger didn't just spill their beer and blame you, eh?
haha no it was definitely muddy water!

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

From that picture alone it seems like everything is intact as far as the plug goes. Even with nothing covering it, I’m surprised it would/could allow any water intrusion from just being splashed and not submerged.

Ford Bronco Water Shooting thru Drain in Vinyl Floor IMG_2754

I’m not sure if anything is designed to go into that threaded hole or not though. I’d have to look at a similar build, but I doubt anything goes there.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From that picture alone it seems like everything is intact as far as the plug goes. Even with nothing covering it, I’m surprised it would/could allow any water intrusion from just being splashed and not submerged.

Ford Bronco Water Shooting thru Drain in Vinyl Floor IMG_2754

I’m not sure if anything is designed to go into that threaded hole or not though. I’d have to look at a similar build, but I doubt anything goes there.
Regardless the only way to get splashed as described would be that the drain plug was out.

Even if it was partially installed the passenger wouldn't get drenched.

Get out the hose and prove me wrong.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Regardless the only way to get splashed as described would be that the drain plug was out.

Even if it was partially installed the passenger wouldn't get drenched.

Get out the hose and prove me wrong.
Yeah I would agree. Trying to duplicate the concern again is the best bet here.

OP
OP
Copper Red NC

Copper Red NC

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Miata/2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can get out a hose and try tomorrow. I remember thinking it must’ve been open, checked the drain and it was locked in the closed position. Could possibly be coming from somewhere else too I suppose but not sure what opening that would be.

OP
OP
Copper Red NC

Copper Red NC

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Miata/2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So sprayed it with a hose and confirmed, water is in fact coming thru the drain like I suspected. However, I checked a 4 door BL at my local dealer with the vinyl floor and the drain appears the same from underneath… On my 2 door all 3 of the other drains are covered from underneath by the exhaust shield on the drivers side and gas tank on the passenger rear.

Ford Bronco Water Shooting thru Drain in Vinyl Floor IMG_3253

Ford Bronco Water Shooting thru Drain in Vinyl Floor IMG_3248

Last edited:

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

have you popped that plug and checked if there's any debris compromising the seal?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Copper Red NC

Copper Red NC

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Miata/2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
have you popped that plug and checked if there's any debris compromising the seal?
Yup I cleaned it out not much was there. The pic of the water was after I had wiped out any of the minimal debris there was.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So I did some searching and can’t seem to find anyone who has had this issue… the drain in my 2 door BL with the vinyl floor does not seem to be sealed very well. Went smashing thru a puddle while off-roading (as one does) and water managed to make its way inside with the windows up. Appears to be coming from the passenger side floor drain as it soaked the back of my friends legs, and splattered muddy water all over the bottom of the passenger seat and my interior. And before anyone asks, yes the drain was closed. Assuming it’s missing some sort of seal or shield? Vehicle was not submerged in water for a long period or anything, just bashing thru a puddle. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

For reference this is the underside of my drain. I see a threaded hole next to it that appears like there should be something mounted to prevent water shooting up thru the drain

Ford Bronco Water Shooting thru Drain in Vinyl Floor IMG_3248
Good afternoon! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this water concern? Thank you!

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just to be clear, pulled the plug, cleaned around the area, carefully reinstalled the plug insuring it was fully seated, applied water and water sprayed up and around the outside of the plug?

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It may leak, but do you rinse your interior? Could be water hiding somewhere that splashed up. I would personally never wash the interior. Just a spray bottle. Look at the under-seat vents. Tell me how water isn’t going in or around those and under the floor. Even around the edges barely holds water back under the plastic door sill trim.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can see these plugs leaking if spraying directly with a hose but just water splashing up doesn't seem right...I haven't had any issues. Does water drain out w/ the plug installed?
Sponsored