First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hello all. I've had my 23 BL 2 door for 4 days now and have found a water leak. It rained pretty good last night and this morning I opened the passenger door and saw water sitting on the sill, and the carpet floor mat was wet. Had anyone seen this before?
Ford Bronco Water leak, passenger floor 20230508_161029

That is where the water was sitting.
Ford Bronco Water leak, passenger floor 20230508_160936
Sponsored

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Take the front panel off and check the gaskets. Might have a bad spot causing a bad seal

Rick U

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My guess is that it’s coming from the hard top. You can run a hose over the roof and see it you can identify the leak.

OP
OP

GearHd6

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Those drips where my finger is, is actually under the door. I don't think a leaking top could get water there. I'll have to sit in there while the wife sprays it with a garden hose.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hello all. I've had my 23 BL 2 door for 4 days now and have found a water leak. It rained pretty good last night and this morning I opened the passenger door and saw water sitting on the sill, and the carpet floor mat was wet. Had anyone seen this before?

That is where the water was sitting.
Hi Jeff. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

Sponsored

ManBearPig

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
FWIW

I just took delivery of my 2-door hardtop. I noticed in the pre-PDI pics the dealer sent me there was a note on some paperwork from the plant stating the front left hardtop panel leaked and not to water test. Sure enough....it leaked.

The dealership "adjusted" the latches and it hasnt leaked on me since.

I don't belive the latches are actually adjustable, but could be loose or need to be shimmed, etc.

OP
OP

GearHd6

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I appreciate everyone's responses. I guess it'll be worth popping those panels off and checking. I really hadn't wanted to mess with them in fear of me actually causing a leak by disturbing the factory placement. I guess I'll pull them and take a look.

JetG

First Edition
First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Macan Turbo w/PP & 2016 911 Turbo Vert
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
what was the fix? Just found the same issue on my 2023 raptor.

OP
OP

GearHd6

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I really don't think I've fixed it yet. It hasn't been out in the rain much. I really think it's coming from the triangle rubber piece at the front of the door glass. If I wipe the inside plastic with a wet cloth I can see water marks where rain has been running down from that area.

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really don't think I've fixed it yet. It hasn't been out in the rain much. I really think it's coming from the triangle rubber piece at the front of the door glass. If I wipe the inside plastic with a wet cloth I can see water marks where rain has been running down from that area.
I had water intrusion (also 23 2dr BL) along the passenger door and the rear window. You can see the rear window here, the parts that look like clear rivers (like right down the center) are on the inside of the window. I suggest checking by opening the rear window and looking for the runs. I don't have any pictures of the front passenger door, but imagine it could be a similar issue if it's leaking and running down through the plastic covers on the door sill.

When I took it to the dealership, they found the seals between the top of the windshield and top and also the rear window seal had "flat spots". Frankly, I've heard of other 2023 Broncos having similar seal issues. I think they had a bad run of seals starting in late 2022 and through early 2023.

My seals were replaced under warranty and in the front I've not had issues. I think I see rivulets on the rear window again, so I'll have to take it in for that and a CSM issue.

Ford Bronco Water leak, passenger floor IMG_0233

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey there, Jet! Will you send us a PM with your VIN and dealership name/location? I can look into things on my end regarding your water leak concerns. To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".

JetG

First Edition
First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Macan Turbo w/PP & 2016 911 Turbo Vert
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey there, Jet! Will you send us a PM with your VIN and dealership name/location? I can look into things on my end regarding your water leak concerns. To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".

Will do shortly, just have not picked out what dealer to take it to yet.

cglover0009

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi Jeff. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.
I have the same issue, it’s weeping through the airbag and the dealer refuses to warranty fix it. I’ve had my Bronco about 6 months now. They tell me I need to take it to a mom and pop shop to get it fixed.
Sponsored