Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2.3 manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
Long time reader. First time poster.

I picked up my 21 Bronco Base 2 door, in Oxford White, on 1/10/22.

I was told that Ford stopped producing Broncos with the MIC 1.0 tops, so I didn’t believe that water intrusion would be an issue on my new Bronco.

Any other MY21 MIC top owners, that took ownership after MIC 1.0 production stopped, experiencing water intrusion?

I went through a touch less car wash today and water comes through the top. I’ve attached a couple of pictures.

I called the local dealership service department and was told that they have a third party to repair leaks. Not sure how others feel about this, but after waiting 544 days for the Bronco, I really don’t want a roof repaired by a local leak repair shop. Seems like Ford should be repairing or replacing faulty roofs.

043CBC21-2BC9-4B88-B898-74C8C9E83E34.jpeg

E1FCD658-6A1A-4F4E-BE7D-739ACEDDEAA2.jpeg
Sponsored

jddotson68

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250, Jeep Rubicon Recon, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went through a touch less car wash and the water pressure was insane. I’m not sure a removable top can prevent a little leaking under those conditions. I had a few drops get in on the passenger side but I’ll never see a rainstorm with that kind of direct pressure on the window and roof panel seals.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd first take a water hose, and try to locate exactly where the water is coming through. Maybe you just need to adjust how one of the roof panels is seated, or there is some misalignment of a seal.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went through a touch less car wash and the water pressure was insane. I’m not sure a removable top can prevent a little leaking under those conditions. I had a few drops get in on the passenger side but I’ll never see a rainstorm with that kind of direct pressure on the window and roof panel seals.
Exactly!!! Is the leak a result of water resting in some channel, or was it BLASTED through from a 90 Degree angle? If blasted through, I wouldn't waste my time with a dealer because they will never REPLICATE the issue.

Sponsored

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't have mine yet, but I don't plan on going through any car washes anyway. I just hope it doesn't leak when it's raining. 🤷‍♀️

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully it’s just not installed correctly. And hopefully it’s your fault. I’d hate to hear it came improperly installed and leaking from the factory.

BTW, I don’t know what’s more shocking. The water in your photos, or the fact your dealer actually has a third party leak company on call. LOL.

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sorry to see that occurring. Check to make sure all roof latches are tightened down correctly inside. I found one in the back that wasn't and could see light coming through. No water...but made me realize I needed to check all of them. If those look good, then check the seals to make sure there is not some pinch or folded over rubber seal allowing the water to come in. If nothing wrong there, then undo the panel and re-seat it to see if that helps. Test with water from hose.

OP
OP

OHbaseBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
My leak was on the passenger side as well. I agree that a rainstorm won’t produce that pressure, but I took a Wrangler hardtop through the same car wash for years and never had an issue.

Sponsored

jddotson68

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250, Jeep Rubicon Recon, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My leak was on the passenger side as well. I agree that a rainstorm won’t produce that pressure, but I took a Wrangler hardtop through the same car wash for years and never had an issue.
My 2018 Rubicon Recon leaked all the time when it rained. The dealer replaced all the door seals, roof panel seals, and header seal along the windshield frame but it still leaked. My carpet was still damp when I traded it in on the Bronco. :eek:

OP
OP

OHbaseBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry to see that occurring. Check to make sure all roof latches are tightened down correctly inside. I found one in the back that wasn't and could see light coming through. No water...but made me realize I needed to check all of them. If those look good, then check the seals to make sure there is not some pinch or folded over rubber seal allowing the water to come in. If nothing wrong there, then undo the panel and re-seat it to see if that helps. Test with water from hose.
Good suggestions and I will check the seals. The latches were all tighten down.

OP
OP

OHbaseBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hopefully it’s just not installed correctly. And hopefully it’s your fault. I’d hate to hear it came improperly installed and leaking from the factory.

BTW, I don’t know what’s more shocking. The water in your photos, or the fact your dealer actually has a third party leak company on call. LOL.
I hope it just wasn’t installed correctly. I haven’t touched the top, other than to make sure the latches were tight. Agree on the leak company on call!

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Good suggestions and I will check the seals. The latches were all tighten down.
Good luck. It's a process to hunt these things down. I had a '89 Bronco that had a solid fiberglass rear top that leaked when from the day it was delivered...Ford eventually replaced it and all was good but it took some time and pain to get there.