Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just tried to post this but you beat me to it! :ROFLMAO:

Pretty exciting they are committing to "mid-October." I would guess that means build and price will be released between October 10-20... But who knows what Ford's definition of "mid" is.
Sponsored

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got it just now.

Interesting note about the TIME STAMP, not the Reservation Number.

I wish I could know what my manual Sasquatch v. no-Sasquatch timing would be. I may get it without just to be able to get in ASAP and not 2022.

I would appreciate thoughts on either topic. Thanks!

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That clears up and confirms A LOT that we've been hearing.

Curious how this will work though:

"Be sure to save your configuration from For‌d‌.‌com to share with your dealer."

I read somewhere that we couldn't do this.

Migs1313

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also just got it too

Important part:
No worries if you’re not the first to place an order, as your reservation time stamp will stay with your order.

Sponsored

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Expect your dealer to request a deposit."

We've heard from some no deposit beyond the $100. I've heard as much as $5k deposit from Midway Ford in Miami. Who knows what kind of funny business we'll be hearing about come December.
What happens if you don't/can't follow though on the final purchase - the dealer gets the deposit and the vehicle? Say they deliver a vehicle that was damaged in shipping. I wonder what recourse the buyer has -- I didn't read the fine print...

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wonder, if allocations in the future are based upon fulfillment rate from reservations, the dealers requested Ford to make it ok to collect a deposit. Easy for a reservation to be converted by anyone without more skin in the game, but IF Ford tied that to future allocations, I'm sure the dealerships wanted a little more commitment from the customer. If I were a dealer, I wouldn't want my future allocation dependent on the commitment of a $100 deposit following through to a signed sale.

I see both sides of this allocation debate that's been going on for the last week.

I'm not sure what to think about that added deposit statement, but we'll see how this goes in the next few months.

TheWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Silverado HD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have two reservations but only got one email , I didn't get an email with any info on my second reservation from a separate dealer. This follows the order of the reservations, so I wonder if later reservations will get later emails?
I have a very late reservation (September) and got the email.

Sponsored

elseminoleguapo

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

What happens if you don't/can't follow though on the final purchase - the dealer gets the deposit and the vehicle? Say they deliver a vehicle that was damaged in shipping. I wonder what recourse the buyer has -- I didn't read the fine print...
The rep I spoke to said Midway in Miami will ask for a non refundable $5k deposit. For a car they likely can't fulfill for a year.

G
T
F
O

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So reservation number is back in play. Saw somewhere it build was based on order. So I guess orders will be held through January? Then build based on reservation...

ToddReynolds

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Raptor, 2023 Badlands 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So it sounds like they will get built in order or who reserved theirs first.

“No worries if you’re not the first to place an order, as your reservation time stamp will stay with your order.”
My guess is the time stamp is going to play second fiddle to running all the same configurations at the same time probably starting with the First Editions. It makes sense requesting the deposit at time of order to filter out the $100 refundable deposits that are not going to actually pull the trigger. This is exciting news, plus we will have plenty of time to play with build and price before we have to meet with dealer and finalize.