B & O speaker upgrade.

OpDawg

Outer Banks
First Name
Opie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350 / 23 OBX SAS (3/27/23 Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Un fortunately we do not have a tune for the audiofrogs. Have you got a microphone? Happy to help you tune it up further if needed.
Yeah, I did purchase a microphone but that was the one thing I couldn't find how to integrate with the Mobridge software... So I tuned it by ear.

It was the UMIK-1 microphone.
Sponsored

mObridge

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Fraser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW e92 328
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, I did purchase a microphone but that was the one thing I couldn't find how to integrate with the Mobridge software... So I tuned it by ear.

It was the UMIK-1 microphone.
You cant view the mic via our software.
You want to get pink noise playing through the system at a loudish volume and mute all speakers, one by one use REW's RTA viewer (room eq wizard, start with 1/3rd octave if this is your first time tuning) to view the mics input, and then make adjustments in mObridge DSP, you will see this take affect in real time.

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ya know what I would love. Out of all of these B&O upgrade threads...
Someone just give me a parts list. Cause even the link to plug and play kits website. there are SOOO many different options, acronyms and #s i really do understand and don't care to.
Perhaps there is a great thread with all of it laid out, but i feel like unless you read every single post the objective gets lost.

This is what I want:
I want some nice loud, crisp sounding music at 80 MPH with the top off and windows down.
I don't really care about bass to be honest and while its not great, the factory sub is fine... unless the upgrade wouldn't be too much more expensive then i may consider it. I dont' want to spend thousands of dollars. Is it possible to do this for under a grand?

I want to achieve this goal by:
Upgrade front Dash and Center Speakers
Upgrade rear Pods (high quality 4"ers or 6.5s, i really dont' care)

AND GO!

mdube72

Heritage
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
@WIDirtFishing - can save you a lot of time if this is your goal:
**This is your most cost effective way to upgrade the speakers you mentioned. ** If you want to go bigger on the speaker pods - then you have 3 choices for 6.5 inch speaker pods ***Make sure you get the right ones for 4Dr or 2Dr. I gave you listings just to get you to the right place.
With the 6.5 pods - I would go with the Hertz DCX 165.3 - Hertz DCX 165.3 Dieci Series 6-1/2" 2-way car speakers at Crutchfield

COST
  • To order (5) of the Hertz DCX 100.3 and get all the install harnesses from Crutchfield the cost is $389.97. You will have 1 speaker left over b/c of the center channel. I am sure you can sell it on the forum or keep one in the event you pop one down the road.
  • To order 4 of the Hertz DCX 100.3 and get all the install harnesses from Crutchfield the cost is $259.98 and then you need (1) PRV Midrange for the center channel through Amazon and 1 Metra 72-5603 harness - $28.89 for both. So $288.87 total.
You just need to decide do you want all 3 front speakers to be co-axial or have the center channel be a midrange only - comes down to taste and if you want to save $100.
I gave you all listings for Hertz speakers because they are all HIGH sensitivity speakers at above 92db. I would not recommend going to speakers that are lower than this as I assume you are keeping your factory amp. You will be pleased with the results of the above. Also assuming you have the B&O system in your Bronco.

Best
-M

Last edited:

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@WIDirtFishing - can save you a lot of time if this is your goal:
**This is your most cost effective way to upgrade the speakers you mentioned. ** If you want to go bigger on the speaker pods - then you have 3 choices for 6.5 inch speaker pods ***Make sure you get the right ones for 4Dr or 2Dr. I gave you listings just to get you to the right place.
With the 6.5 pods - I would go with the Hertz DCX 165.3 - Hertz DCX 165.3 Dieci Series 6-1/2" 2-way car speakers at Crutchfield

I gave you all listings for Hertz speakers because they are all HIGH sensitivity speakers at above 92db. I would not recommend going to speakers that are lower than this as I assume you are keeping your factory amp. You will be pleased with the results of the above. Also assuming you have the B&O system in your Bronco.

Best
-M
Omg šŸ˜³
You have no idea how helpful this is. I really didnā€™t wanna get into amp upgrades and wiring unless absolutely necessary. This post should be pinned lol @mdube72 thank you!!!

Sponsored

mdube72

Heritage
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
@WIDirtFishing - one other very minor thing to call to your attention. The Hertz DCX 100.3 are unique in that the speaker connections arenā€™t like most speakers where you have a big fat connector on the ā€œ+ā€ side and a thin connector on the ā€œ-ā€œ side. Both speaker connnectors are the same size. So if you move forward - your either need to crimp on a new connector to each of the negatives on the Metra wiring connectors or just solder all your connectors to the speaker leads before you install them. I soldered all mine in about 15 mins before I installed so wasnā€™t a big deal. Just didnā€™t want you to have surprises

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@WIDirtFishing - one other very minor thing to call to your attention. The Hertz DCX 100.3 are unique in that the speaker connections arenā€™t like most speakers where you have a big fat connector on the ā€œ+ā€ side and a thin connector on the ā€œ-ā€œ side. Both speaker connnectors are the same size. So if you move forward - your either need to crimp on a new connector to each of the negatives on the Metra wiring connectors or just solder all your connectors to the speaker leads before you install them. I soldered all mine in about 15 mins before I installed so wasnā€™t a big deal. Just didnā€™t want you to have surprises
Thanks for the tip. Iā€™ll have to dust off the soldering gun and do that. I will probably make this a winter project. I sincerely appreciate the help and the tips.
Sponsored