Sponsored

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Mad? I'm not mad him or anyone. It's his right to flaunt around on Twitter/social media, he chose that. He brought all the attention to himself. It's part of daily decisions people make, good lord. The guy basked in the sun of attention, but now we're supposed to feel sorry for him. LOL.
Like I said Mike isn’t the bad guy just the middle man. He gets excited to share the information with you and I bet that he hated having to say it wasn’t available. Now Jim Farley... that guy can suck a fart.
Sponsored

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
While I am annoyed by lack of x plan, I'm more annoyed by the excuse Ford went with. It's not a limited run. Just say "first year new model" or something. Land Rover has partner pricing too but they do not allow it to be applied to the new defender because its the vehicles first year (they also have 51 defenders sitting on lots so maybe they should rethink that idea but i digress)

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
$1500 is still $1500. If I don't have to pay $1500, I certainly don't want to.

The issue here is communication not the actual policy. If Ford would have been clear in July, people wouldn't be pissed. Instead, people working in the communications department at Ford were telling auto jounos that they would assist with getting them X-Plan.

The other problem is that Ford doesn't seem to be doing anything to combat ADM besides letting you switch dealers.

This has been an issue with the entire Bronco launch; throw info out there, get people excited, and then worry about details later. Ford should have waited or had a better plan. I'm irritated because I asked Ford people in person over the summer if it was A/Z/D/X eligible and I was told yes besides FE. I understand things change, but they could have made this announcement when order banks opened.
Has any manufacturer EVER done anything to combat ADM?

I didn't think so.

This whole process has been full of us ASSUMING we know things, and Ford setting the record straight. This is just one example.

Notice I said WE.

I'm not immune to it either.

GetWild

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
When a dealer comes on here and says they can’t comment until they see pricing that is code word for you are going to get screwed.

On a positive note, Sean at Serramonte Ford announced late last night that they are still going to honor X plan! Sean, some of you may remember, came on this forum “ready to answer our questions!” and we couldn’t tell if he was going to be one of the good ones or the phony ones. He really stepped up for us in Nor Cal and I hope others follow Eric (San Diego) and Sean’s lead. If not, transfer to these guys to support them!
its because we dont know what the official pricing structure will be. Ford has been slowly changing this, hence the Mach-e is priced the way it is. The margin has been slimming with Ford. We arent commiting until we can see true numbers from ford, instead of making statements and changing later.... like you know... x plan. again, try and dog me on it, but we have a zero tolerance policy on adm so.

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Has any manufacturer EVER done anything to combat ADM?

I didn't think so.

This whole process has been full of us ASSUMING we know things, and Ford setting the record straight. This is just one example.

Notice I said WE.

I'm not immune to it either.
I wasn't assuming X-Plan. I asked. I was told yes. And it changed. They can change that policy. Or the policy was never that in the first place. It still doesn't make it good communication.

Sponsored

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I didn't read all 74 pages...I'm disappointed that X-plan won't be offered, but that's not a deal breaker. I agree with those who have posted that communication is the problem.

Reactions: DHC

chrtra1

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No, I'm saying signing up for mca after putting in your reservation just to get an x plan pin is abusing the system and not how x plan was intended to be used. Especially when people are saying "i signed up and don't even have a mustang."
Why do you care? MCA sure doesn't. They didn't lose anything or get hurt by this in any way whatsoever. They did get thousands in new membership money that they never would have had before. All of that will be used for the benefit of active members. I can't join because I don't currently own a Mustang? Why? I've owned them in the past, I still enjoy them. The club is for enthusiasts. It's not the Mustang Owners Club of Amercia.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I wasn't assuming X-Plan. I asked. I was told yes. And it changed. They can change that policy. Or the policy was never that in the first place. It still doesn't make it good communication.
Have they communicated anything effectively through this process?

Simply par for the course.

Anybody surprised by this hasn't been paying attention.

GetWild

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Why do you care? MCA sure doesn't. They didn't lose anything or get hurt by this in any way whatsoever. They did get thousands in new membership money that they never would have had before. All of that will be used for the benefit of active members. I can't join because I don't currently own a Mustang? Why? I've owned them in the past, I still enjoy them. The club is for enthusiasts. It's not the Mustang Owners Club of Amercia.
I dont care, neither do 90% of dealers. were fine with x plan if Ford we to offer x plan. most dealers doubted there would be x plan, but then us saying that is us just trying to "screw over the buyers"

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

its because we dont know what the official pricing structure will be. Ford has been slowly changing this, hence the Mach-e is priced the way it is. The margin has been slimming with Ford. We arent commiting until we can see true numbers from ford, instead of making statements and changing later.... like you know... x plan. again, try and dog me on it, but we have a zero tolerance policy on adm so.
but MSRP isn't a specific number that you're held too either, just like $1000 under MSRP isn't a specific number. It's a general statement made by a dealer that no matter what the pricing structure Ford releases, the dealer will honor these types of deals at minimum. I really don't understand how this is so hard. You aren't stating a specific number for example: "We'll sell the Badlands model at $48000" isn't what people are expecting. Whereas something like this is what people want to hear, "We'll sell the Bronco, no matter the model at MSRP" or "We'll sell the Black Diamond at $500 under MSRP".

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
cool it Karen. want hard numbers? on an Explorer with 53,720 msrp, Ford pays the dealer $664 kickback when x- plan is used.
I don’t understand your point? Are you on the teat or something? Why are you so quick to defend a multi billion dollar company against middle class Americans? Over a few hundred dollars? Are you one of the ones that think that people, who decide to spend a little extra but have to be conscious of their spending hope for a little discount, aren’t worthy to buy the thing? I’ve been there and I didn’t lose my sense of empathy moving up.

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Have they communicated anything effectively through this process?

Simply par for the course.

Anybody surprised by this hasn't been paying attention.
Ford obviously wanted a Tesla style rollout for the Bronco. But they didn't do the back end work to make that happen. They needed the B&P ready so people could build their vehicles. They shouldn't have said the price is the price. No discounts. No ADM. Just like Tesla, what you reserve is what you will get at that price. I understand that Ford has dealers and Tesla doesn't but it seems they should have pushed this all back.

However, unveiling the Sport without revealing the big boi would have pissed people off too.

Lack of information is still poor communication.

GetWild

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Nope, just an engineer who has a saying, it's not what you say, it's what the data says.
theres the data for you lol. i get the hard numbers data. we also have a saying, documentation beats conversation. yeah, with x plan theres always a kick to the dealer, that amount varying per vehicle. i just pulled an example for you.
Sponsored