Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm all for freedom and 'murica but as someone that had their foot and ankle crushed in a car crash long ago I'll be leaving these ugly ass bars right where they are.
I wonder what would happen if you removed them and were involved in an accident? Could it affect your claim?
Sponsored

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For all of you bitching about saftey items and federal mandates I am very happy you have never had to scoop bent, broken and dead bodies out of cars. If you had you would just look at these added safety items and move on, not make a federal offense of it.. Do what you want with your trucks but please don't bitch about manufacturers trying to keep their customers alive.
Redoing the floor pan was very enlightening on my Ranger.

There is the outside fender you can see that is painted all pretty, the inner fender which is basically the real outside skin of the cab and the kick panel on the inside of the cab. The two parts of the of the cab structure are tied together by the floor pan/rocker panel. When in the seat you about straddle the frame so no real help there.

That is it, four pieces of 18ga tin between you and whoever wants to push something into the firewall. There are a couple other little tin braces but I don't have much faith in them. I am sure newer stuff has more structure to it... but you can only do so much and that is why they try to stop the tire with the frame not the tin box people ride in.

Its an offroad vehicle and this item detrimentally affects its ability to offroad. Its like putting a top-speed limiter on a race car, in the name of safety. Its stupid.

Life is risky. Individuals, and businesses, can weigh those risks and make their decisions accordingly. Governments have no business telling manufacturers how to make their products or people how to live.

And I can tell you, Ford wouldnt be doing this if it werent for govt-mandated NHTSA crash tests.
Then trash them, I am by no means well off but I am glad to buy a vehicle with this already built into and let somebody else do the complicated work of making a vehicle safe so I don't have to scratch pictures in dirt and try to figure it out on my own... which I guess I am doing anyway.

Brock27

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For all of you bitching about saftey items and federal mandates I am very happy you have never had to scoop bent, broken and dead bodies out of cars. If you had you would just look at these added safety items and move on, not make a federal offense of it.. Do what you want with your trucks but please don't bitch about manufacturers trying to keep their customers alive.
lol well they could've worked them in there better, or at LEAST put end caps on them. I'm sure they'll look better in production ?

Datoad

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Jeep LJ Rubicon, 17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m sure the aftermarket will come up with something like these which are for the Ranger.

56778348-5184-4374-B9DF-AFB36CCD2BA9.jpeg

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is not just the federal government that mandates safety. That a very tired rant in my opinion. Havevyou every been involved in any motorsports? The first third of most rule books are the safety regs. I am part of the vintage racing world where cars must be kept in their period form, the exception is safety. Why is it so offensive that we are looking out for each other and using the collective knowledge to do so?

Sponsored

Danager

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
These not only prevent part of the truck from intruding into the cab of the vehicle, also keep parts of your vehicle from intruding into other vehicles. A part of your insurance premiums is based on the risk to others. All the engineers who say these are not necessary, just watch the video of the two F150 body styles. Significantly different. If you want to remove them, go ahead. Calling them stupid or unnecessary says something about a person.

Danager

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I better not get a Bronco. If I did, I could die. Actually I better not drive anything ever again. I could get in a wreck and kill myself, or someone else. I better just buy a bubble and lock myself in my home and never leave. That way there’s no chance I could die in a car accident. But then a tree could fall on my house and kill me. I better cut down the trees around my house. But then I’d die from global climate warming. So I guess I better build a bunker and live in there. But I’ll make sure to wear two masks so I don’t catch a virus that, by itself, kills fewer people than the seasonal flu. It’s unbelievable how pussified this country has become.
Ford Bronco "Crash Bars"??? 56778348-5184-4374-B9DF-AFB36CCD2BA9
I would feel better if you stuck with walking. Your world will open up once you realize you can live BETWEEN black and white. Can’t we all agree that this isn’t Ford’s fault? This isn’t the engineer’s fault. Heck, this isn’t even NHTSA’s fault. It’s the lawyer’s fault!

BroncMO

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I better not get a Bronco. If I did, I could die. Actually I better not drive anything ever again. I could get in a wreck and kill myself, or someone else. I better just buy a bubble and lock myself in my home and never leave. That way there’s no chance I could die in a car accident. But then a tree could fall on my house and kill me. I better cut down the trees around my house. But then I’d die from global climate warming. So I guess I better build a bunker and live in there. But I’ll make sure to wear two masks so I don’t catch a virus that, by itself, kills fewer people than the seasonal flu. It’s unbelievable how pussified this country has become.
Ford Bronco "Crash Bars"??? 56778348-5184-4374-B9DF-AFB36CCD2BA9
Preventive measures (do you trim those trees?) are taken and safety features in all aspects of daily life have improved and continue to substantially improve. I do not understand the position that we shouldn't innovate simply for the sake of saying we chose not to.

Clearly, the crash bars have not had the "detrimental" impact you're claiming or this vehicle would be failing all off-road testing that it has been put through (along with all other Ford vehicles that use them).

Status
Not open for further replies.