Mahesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, how many inches are the base steelies that come with the BD? Are they 33s? I have pretty much decided my build; fits my budget; BD/no squatch/mid/2.7/trailer hitch/CG
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As not knowing a ton about off-road vehicles, but I'm going to ask anyway since I don't know... Does the swaybar disconnect come with SAS package on the Badlands? I ask because it doesn't come with other Sas packages and was wondering if adding that to Badlands removes swaybar disconnect option.
Sway-bar disconnect comes on all Badlands, no matter how they are configured. I do think that is a pretty big advantage for me. I won't use it a ton...but I want it there when needed and still am not sure how easy manual disconnects will be to implement.

Blue Bronco

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boots
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Velocity Blue, 2-Door, with the 2.7 here. That keeps me under $40k MSRP, which I'm happy about. Will make changes via aftermarket parts and custom work after living with it for a while. Will see how long "a while" is.

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I originally reserved a Base because information was hard to come by early on (July 15 reserve date.) But now I'm deadset on Black Diamond as it gives me everything I'll ever need, and more as I am not a HUGE off-roader at the moment. I plan to become more involved in off-roading, living here in Arizona there is no shortage of places to explore.

That said, my build looks like this: BD, Cactus Grey, 2.7 AT, SAS, Mid, MIC Top (currently going back and forth on 2dr vs. 4dr. 4dr was the plan all along, but my wife recently started telling me to just get exactly what I want.) We don't have kids, though have been trying. I figured the 4dr was more practical, but we have a Tundra for hauling things. As both of us are designers, we are drawn to the 2dr look and proportions, and will be more than enough for our day-to-day needs.

I also feel like the BD is also the best bang-for-your-buck, and will have great resale value, if ever need be. I can't imagine on the second-hand market people justifying paying more for used WildTrak or Badlands models when Black Diamond gives you 90% of what they're offering. Plus, it seems like there's going to an abundance of those on the road anyhow

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

?‍♂ I think the Black Diamond is at a very good price point, I have priced out a Big Bend to try to save some money but after I specked it out it wasn't much less then a Black Diamond that had the same features standard + MGV. Unless your doing major crawling I don't think the sway bar disconnect is necessary. If you do plan on rock crawling maybe BL is best.

Sponsored

Blue Bronco

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boots
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I originally reserved a Base because information was hard to come by early on (July 15 reserve date.) But now I'm deadset on Black Diamond as it gives me everything I'll ever need, and more as I am not a HUGE off-roader at the moment. I plan to become more involved in off-roading, living here in Arizona there is no shortage of places to explore.

That said, my build looks like this: BD, Cactus Grey, 2.7 AT, SAS, Mid, MIC Top (currently going back and forth on 2dr vs. 4dr. 4dr was the plan all along, but my wife recently started telling me to just get exactly what I want.) We don't have kids, though have been trying. I figured the 4dr was more practical, but we have a Tundra for hauling things. As both of us are designers, we are drawn to the 2dr look and proportions, and will be more than enough for our day-to-day needs.

I also feel like the BD is also the best bang-for-your-buck, and will have great resale value, if ever need be. I can't imagine on the second-hand market people justifying paying more for used WildTrak or Badlands models when Black Diamond gives you 90% of what they're offering. Plus, it seems like there's going to an abundance of those on the road anyhow
AZ seems like a great place to off-road. I went on one of those "Pink Jeep" tours in Sedona a while back and loved it.

My, $0.02 if you're interested... If you're going to have kids, 4-door would provide much easier access to the back seat and offer more room, likely making it better for a Family. There's that, for what it's worth.

See you around here and maybe out on the trails of AZ someday!

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sway-bar disconnect comes on all Badlands, no matter how they are configured. I do think that is a pretty big advantage for me. I won't use it a ton...but I want it there when needed and still am not sure how easy manual disconnects will be to implement.
I wasn't sure, so figured why not ask.

I'm 95% sure I'm going Velocity Blue Black Diamond, 2.7L, no Sas, Advanced 4x4, engine block heater (just in case). I have the Grangetober $2k under invoice deal, so with Illinois taxes I have it calculated to come out around $39,890. It checks all the boxes I wanted, except manual transmission. My comfort level with the 2.7L vs the 2.3L won out in the end.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I was leaning BD, 2.7, mid, squatch....but the base squatch with a 2.7 keeps calling me and saying things like, 9 grand is a lot of mods, Katskins are only 2k, or get some good Okoles you cheap bastard, go custom bumper, it will be better, you're going to replace the rock rails with steps anyway, carpet will reduce the road noise and get some weathertechs, oh you want heated seat? whimp, remote start? just use the app princess, you need BLIS? maybe you shouldnt drive anymore grandpa.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How did you download your build? Been trying to figure that out...
I also considered the BB for a bit also. The options on the BD soon changed my mind also.
I found no way to download it or save it to MYFORD. When you have it up on your PC, save the link in your http box at the top and make a shortcut on your desktop. That worked for me.

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm getting a Black Diamond, my big debate now is SAS or Not? If it's true they will have a 2 inch factory lift as a B&P option, would it make more sense for me to skip SAS and do the lift and buy bigger tires and wheels separately? Or does the SAS still make the most sense and get the included tire and wheels?

Also, with a 2 inch factory lift, what the maximum size tires that can be fitted?
The Sasquatch package is not only about the lift and wheels. You get an upgraded suspension , 4.7 final gear ratio, and also front lockers.

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was leaning BD, 2.7, mid, squatch....but the base squatch with a 2.7 keeps calling me and saying things like, 9 grand is a lot of mods, Katskins are only 2k, or get some good Okoles you cheap bastard, go custom bumper, it will be better, you're going to replace the rock rails with steps anyway, carpet will reduce the road noise and get some weathertechs, oh you want heated seat? whimp, remote start? just use the app princess, you need BLIS? maybe you shouldnt drive anymore grandpa.
Yep. My BaseSas build and Black Diamond builds were coming out to basically the same price (BD is $1k more). I chose the MGV and washout interior over trying to do that myself. Plus, I don't have plans to do the off-roading/rock crawling for the upgraded Sas goodies. Agreed with the no Mid package comments, I'm going to use fordpass for remote start (which will be new to me anyway).

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am all in on the BD. It is the "sweet spot" for the part time off roader, semi serious off roader yet...most driving on the roadways. I like the wash out feature as all my other vehicles are carpeted. I plan to: 2.7 auto, cyber orange, Auto 4X4, dual climate, Cyber Orange, GPS upgrade, tow package,
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Builds BroncoBUILDcz
roof rack, light bar, 2 set pod lights, winch, more accessories as they become available. I like the interior, would prefer orange accents but the blue works. I wish I could get the MOD top with the port hole but in reality would probably not use it that much. I would like the 12" screen but won't move to BL that costs 5K more and then still have to add a Lux package. Waste of $. When she gets home my first mod will be Fuel wheels and Cooper AT3 XLT tires, black side graphics and a host of smaller items. I hope B&P and the accessory list gets updates SOONER than later...before ordering for sure!!! I am hoping they get the flip down table for the rear gate, limb cables, dash device rail added.

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am 2D BD with steelies, headliner, mid, 2.7, nav, tow, silver. I'd really like the 12" screen although I don't care about surround view, and the headlight upgrade would be nice to have but not need to have. Would at least like the option. So I'm really just suffering with the smaller screen, which is OK.

Who knows, this could all change when we all end up with MY22 cars. More colors, bigger screen, I'm not too worried about current options because I'm convinced MY21 is phantomware anyway.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yep. My BaseSas build and Black Diamond builds were coming out to basically the same price (BD is $1k more). I chose the MGV and washout interior over trying to do that myself. Plus, I don't have plans to do the off-roading/rock crawling for the upgraded Sas goodies. Agreed with the no Mid package comments, I'm going to use fordpass for remote start (which will be new to me anyway).
I know I will be unhappy if I dont squatch...so the delta from teh two builds is large and then I add in the mid just cause for 1500....

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs