First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When I placed my order at my local dealer back in January I was not aware I had to have it added as a free option I assumed it was included. Not knowing it wasn’t included standard on black diamonds,When I got my email the other day saying it was scheduled for production I saw it wasn’t in the order. Is it possible to have it added on after they pulled my order for production or has my ship sailed? I was going to call my salesman but he’s off for the next few days so I figured I’d ask around here.
Sponsored

mcon33

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys Unlimited; 2022 Bronco BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I believe they can NOT make changes once pulled for production.

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dealer can install it. Don't know if it is still free.

Make sure you really want it.

I don't believe anyone has found the headliner to deliver much sound deadening or insulation. Lots of complaints of pieces coming off and "shedding".

I have been running the bare roof panels. Not really a source of sound and roof seems to be pretty well insulated on its own. I don't really mind the unfinished look and I don't care for the roof carpet look.

I'm going to wait for aftermarket or DIY. Or maybe just leave it.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine has them. It looks like cheap carpet just glued on. Could probably make something better yourself with a trip to home depot.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd just wait and get one from Hot Heads when they drop.

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When I placed my order at my local dealer back in January I was not aware I had to have it added as a free option I assumed it was included. Not knowing it wasn’t included standard on black diamonds,When I got my email the other day saying it was scheduled for production I saw it wasn’t in the order. Is it possible to have it added on after they pulled my order for production or has my ship sailed? I was going to call my salesman but he’s off for the next few days so I figured I’d ask around here.
I would assume you'll have to do it by dealer, or aftermarket. I got the free liner, and I would have paid for it, it would be a tedious job to DYI but some have done so. My liner has not shed or peeled off, and anyone who received a MIC 2 top would have gotten a new headliner. There are threads here from those who have added a liner. Some detail shops can also install, and also some car stereo shops.

I suggest you read up on automobile sound conditioning, there are several competing materials and goals involved, including absorbing sound, reflecting sound, or stopping the transfer of sound!

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah the sound deadening was not standard on Black Diamond and Badlands since they have the "wash out" interiors. I always thought it was weird choice by Ford... why would you need to "wash out" the underside of your roof?? So I added it to my order.

BUT, as several people have mentioned, there is truly nothing special about it. After I experienced it in person, I actually wish I had left it off my Badlands order. The dealer unit was shedding (as @thatspecialbeat mentioned) and if you rubbed your hand against the roof accidentally, you were soon covered with little gray particles.

I'm not sure if it has improved in the past year or so, but I may be exploring ways to remove the sound deadening material once my Bronco arrives.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

do it yourself, better off. there are a few threads on here.

kilmat, headliner, and a few hours and you get a huge improvement in cabin noise for under 200.

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I forgot to add it when I changed my order over for the 22 MY. A couplethousand miles later and I see no real need to address it. See if winter Temps change my mind
Sponsored