First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5, Honda Accord Sport 2.0, Lexus sc430
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I started off with a BB reservation. Migrated to BD for only $600 more similarly equipped and get more functions. I don't need Signature Lighting. This looks more like a classic with the grille, headlights and tail lights.
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond.jpg
Really like your color choice here probably because it exactly like mine.... any idea how much space with back seat out? I really think 2 door looks better than the 4.
Sponsored

Stevegp

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 mustang gt. F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Bouncing between BD and BL. Don’t want or need the squatch but like the black mgv , 33” on optional rims and upgraded shocks on the BL.
Do I need the disco....... no
Will I be offroading much..........no
I would save around 7k on a perfectly able BD which will meet all my needs as long as a BL or squatch never ever ever ever parks next to me. Lol
BD , 2.7 , mid , mats , tube doors and maybe bimini
Still tossing 3 different coins on color

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really like your color choice here probably because it exactly like mine.... any idea how much space with back seat out? I really think 2 door looks better than the 4.
I am not certain on the space in the back without seats. Maybe get someone to take measurements at a show.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine is set, just waiting for the updated B&P to see if there is anything I want, like the 12" display.
2-Door BD 2.7 in CG, mid, steelies, advanced 4X4, towing, floor mats, 2" Lift & 33's.

I will be doing a back seat delete and light bars later.

Jarrett

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m landing on an Iconic Silver 4dr BD, 2.3, Mid, Soft top, Adv 4X4, Auto, towing, with stock steelies, in the low $40,000s at Stevens. Almost all of you have picked the 2.7. Can you help me justify paying $1,895 for the 2.7?

Last edited:

Sponsored

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right now it’s BD Sasquatch... one thing I do know is that stepping up to the BL opens me up to more cool features I can’t afford!! It’s a slippery slope!! Lol

Bronco Don

Black Diamond
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m getting the black diamond but I’m going back-and-forth with two door or four-door and I think the reason I’m pushing towards the four-door is the bigger fuel tank sounds stupid but 20 gallons verses 16 means a lot to me me

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m getting the black diamond but I’m going back-and-forth with two door or four-door and I think the reason I’m pushing towards the four-door is the bigger fuel tank sounds stupid but 20 gallons verses 16 means a lot to me me
I looked at that, the only time that will be a question is off road, and I always carry 2 spare jerry can of fuel when on off road trips. So I think 26 gal is enough :)

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have all of the same must haves as you, but I do not agree that Black Diamond is a good value once we add all of those upgrades to it. If you were keeping that BD build in the low 40s with no Sasquatch, steel wheels, etc. that’s a different story, but as spec’d:

BD + 2.7 + Squatch + Mid + MIC: $49415
Same options BL: $52665

You're getting:

Signature Lighting - these lights define the new bronco. It’s like having a Wrangler without its signature grille.

Much nicer grille - the BD grille screams cheap base model

Premium interior - the BD interior has a lot more cheap plastic vs more soft MGV in the badlands.

High Level Instrument Panel

Sway bar disco

Without being able to sit in these vehicles or see them side-by-side you’re taking a huge risk that your $50k vehicle is going to look and feel like a cheap base model on 35s. I’m spending a little more to get the premium model.
It’s funny... I think the BD grille screams original old school bronco.. I don’t give two shits about sig lighting and your opinion on the cheapness of the quality of the interior of BD is funny... have you sat in the BD ?

We all have opinions and saying picking the BD screams cheap base model is fucking dumb...

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm getting a Black Diamond, my big debate now is SAS or Not? If it's true they will have a 2 inch factory lift as a B&P option, would it make more sense for me to skip SAS and do the lift and buy bigger tires and wheels separately? Or does the SAS still make the most sense and get the included tire and wheels?

Also, with a 2 inch factory lift, what the maximum size tires that can be fitted?
Depends on the lift price. I am in the same boat and was pricing out wheel/tire combos. You don't realize how good of a deal Sasquatch is until you price out 35 inch tires with 5 wheels. I will probably keep it simple and stick with Sasquatch.

Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s funny... I think the BD grille screams original old school bronco.. I don’t give two shits about sig lighting and your opinion on the cheapness of the quality of the interior of BD is funny... have you sat in the BD ?

We all have opinions and saying picking the BD screams cheap base model is fucking dumb...
Why? The OP is considering paying $50K for something that we know is lacking several high end features. That's a lot of money when you could spend a few thousand extra to get it all. If you read my post, I said that paying lower 40s for a BD makes sense. Of course, this is just my opinion you can think it's fucking dumb all you want, I'm just trying to give a perspective and potentially prevent someone from spending $50k and kicking themselves for not spending a few extra more.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wasn't sure, so figured why not ask.

I'm 95% sure I'm going Velocity Blue Black Diamond, 2.7L, no Sas, Advanced 4x4, engine block heater (just in case). I have the Grangetober $2k under invoice deal, so with Illinois taxes I have it calculated to come out around $39,890. It checks all the boxes I wanted, except manual transmission. My comfort level with the 2.7L vs the 2.3L won out in the end.
That is a good build. I love the BD comes standard with the rear locker too. Hopefully I’ll see you out around the west burbs (don’t worry I’m not getting VB now that I know there may be another one out there around town?) I still really really want the manual trans but that 2.7L just keeps popping up lol the extra power would be fun to have.

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've got a sub 40k lean build and a just under 44 sensible splurge build. I'd be happy with either so I'll probably make my wallet cry a little less and stick with the leaner option and do aftermarket wheels and lights down the road. I saw a Bronco Sport in person the other day and freaking loved it and I've never been overly excited by those. Can't wait to see the big Bronco in person. MGV seats and a rear diff lock in a truck that looks like that I'm set. Everything else is gravy.

2dr, 2.3 auto, Adv 4x4, mid pack, Carbonized Gray

Last edited:

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To anyone who has real world experience , truly how helpful is the swaybar disconnect?
on the videos it looks like it might give you two or 3 inches maybe on a side.

for me it is pertinent to this conversation because I’m Black diamond with Sasquatch right now, but in the future will I wish I had the swaybar disconnect?
Sponsored