Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought the BD has only rear lockers but the BL has front and rear lockers with the disconnect sway bar?
Sponsored

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought the BD has only rear lockers but the BL has front and rear lockers with the disconnect sway bar?
Until Sasquatched, then the BD has both lockers.

Chris

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
How important is sway bar disconnect to those who don't plan on crazy rock crawling, just fun trails, overlanding, some minor rough terrain, etc?
Disco on trails and minor rough terrain is great. Absolutely a benefit, people think it’s all about rock crawling and it’s not. Letting the suspension work without pulling the cab up and down over every bump is less exhausting to the people while on trail.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Here's what I can see that is standard on the Badlands, but optional on Black Diamond (assuming you get Squatch on both):

•Advanced 4x4 with Automatic On Demand Engagement
•Terrain Management System with 7 G.O.A.T. Modes including Rock Crawl and Baja (Black Diamond has 7 goat modes including Rock Crawl, but the 7th mode is "Sport" instead of "and Baja").
•M210 Dana AdvanTEK front suspension (this may be part of Sasquatch, but it's not listed as "included w/Sasquatch Pkg." anywhere I've seen)

The Badlands also lists "Available leather-trimmed seats" under the standard package, which I don't see listed on the Black Diamond at all. That may mean you can get those without going high/lux, I don't know, but "available" and "standard" are not the same thing.

There are some other differences in standard equipment, but they get nullified by the Sasquatch package. Things like the base tire size (32" on Black Diamond, 33" on Badlands), available tire options (there's a 33" mud terrain for the Badlands, Black Diamond is stock or Squatch upgrade), wheel material (steel on Black Diamond, alloy on Badlands), front and rear lockers are standard on Badlands, whether you Squatch it or not. The Bilstein version of the HOSS setup is also standard on the Badlands, whereas you have to Squatch the BD to get it.

I suspect it will probably be cheaper to upgrade to the Sasquatch package on the Badlands than on the Black Diamond just because some of the things that Sasquatch adds to the other models are already part of the Badlands trim.
With BD you are stuck with that ugly grey top.

Sponsored

bluezombi

Outer Banks
First Name
Louis Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bicycle
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think it is going to come down to if I can get the 12" screen in the BD (if it is stand alone or only in the high package).

I know, that's probably irrational, but I like my tech stuff..
only saw it in packages ;(
Was hoping to get the b&o sound alone but gotta get all the crap of the lux package too

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee trail hawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can anyone confirm the differences with the interior between the bd and BL?
I have heard the BL has a nicer interior but whats the difference?

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can anyone confirm the differences with the interior between the bd and BL?
I have heard the BL has a nicer interior but whats the difference?
The seats and dash have different colors, and the Badlands has the option for leather seats. Aside from that, they’re nearly the same.

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee trail hawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know bd is black and grey while the BL is black. If both models are mid package besides the seat colors and blue/orange piping is there any other interior differences? Ie: door panels, dash coverings, arm rests? I also know the bd has standard instrument panel and the BL has high level instrument panel but has anyone seen or know what that means?
Sponsored