First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the High Package was available with the Black Diamond I would 100% go with the Black Diamond instead. But Ford is smart, and is making it available with the Badlands instead so I'm forced to go up to that trim and pay extra.
Same with the painted black hard top, this might be the reason I move up to the BL over the BD. I think the looks of the Gray hard top with the black flares and door handles doesn’t look right at all..
Sponsored

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If the High Package was available with the Black Diamond I would 100% go with the Black Diamond instead. But Ford is smart, and is making it available with the Badlands instead so I'm forced to go up to that trim and pay extra.
I wouldn't let go of the BD add ons just for the high package. I don't think it's a good trade off, plus to be able to get the exact things you would need to go up two models, which will cost you over 6K and that's still not including the high package pricing

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn't let go of the BD add ons just for the high package. I don't think it's a good trade off, plus to be able to get the exact things you would need to go up two models, which will cost you over 6K and that's still not including the high package pricing
Sort of. Badlands has enough off-road capability without Sasquatch package for me. If I was getting Black Diamond then I’d upgrade to Sasquatch which will cover much of the price difference between trims for me.

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My rig includes a "self installed" 1000W (peak 2000W) top quality pure sine Inverter with Anderson connect clips and 2AGW cables going to the battery. Runs small chargers, air pumps, electric impact, coffee pot, microwave, and a toaster. My cost $375 w/ tax. Takes two seconds to disconnect the inverter and take it to the boat, or another rig, etc.
Not an electronics guy, but I think the standard BD has acc switches which should handle inverter?

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like the BD as it is with the SAS and the Mid but only wish there was a stand alone option of the larger screen which at this time is only available in the High package.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The thing that makes the BD appealing is it doesn't have all that extra crap on it.

THOMASO1371

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm in the same situation. Wanted the BD for vinyl floor, rear locker and steel bumpers. I also want the heated steering wheel and 360 camera in the lux. I dont need the front locker, bilstein dampers, or advanced 4x4 of the BL.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Speaking of evil bean counters, limiting the garage door openers to the lux package was just cruel. I could understand it not being in the mid but leaving it out of the high as well?
That is one of the worst issues. Cheap sedans in the 20s come with a garage door opener, and we have to go all the way to lux for it? That one is baffling, especially when you can’t keep a mobile opener out in the open on an open air vehicle.

Absolomb

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anybody besides me think Ford should offer the High Package in the Black Diamond as an alternative to otherwise having to upgrade all the way to the Badlands? (Yeah, I know OB has it but OB doesn't have all the off-road equipment the BD has.)
I just made a thread about this didn't see this but yesss 100% agree

Sponsored

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm in the same situation. Wanted the BD for vinyl floor, rear locker and steel bumpers. I also want the heated steering wheel and 360 camera in the lux. I dont need the front locker, bilstein dampers, or advanced 4x4 of the BL.
If you’re not going to be doing crazy off roaming just regular trails then for the items you want go with OB

THOMASO1371

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's kinda my point. I dont need all the badlands extras. I need a black diamond but with the lux package. The outer banks gives me the lux package but not the things I want from the black diamond other than front steel bumper, 17" wheels, and rear locker.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not an electronics guy, but I think the standard BD has acc switches which should handle inverter?
Short answer...NO, I would be surprised if the aux switches were 20A load, the only way to put an inverter that draws more (most of them, my 2500 watt one draws 140Amps when on the microwave) is to use a heavy duty battery relay tripped by an aux switch. If the inverter has a remote on/off you could use a aux switch in its place if they are not powered, or you have access to both sides of the switch.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Short answer...NO, I would be surprised if the aux switches were 20A load, the only way to put an inverter that draws more (most of them, my 2500 watt one draws 140Amps when on the microwave) is to use a heavy duty battery relay tripped by an aux switch. If the inverter has a remote on/off you could use a aux switch in its place if they are not powered, or you have access to both sides of the switch.
We were told by a Ford engineer awhile back that the switches were fused with two of each at 15amp, 10amp, and 5amp.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We were told by a Ford engineer awhile back that the switches were fused with two of each at 15amp, 10amp, and 5amp.
Not even enough for a good air compressor, or a 200 watt inverter, I assume they expect you to use the 15 & 10 amp for lights, and the 5 amp as a relay trip for larger loads, no problem as I put all large load accessories on relays in any case to minimize switch arching or heating.
Sponsored