Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mercedes-Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wrote a long reply yesterday but decided not to post it. Basically the advanced transfer case let's you keep the drivetrain in 4-wheel drive all the time (4A) and the transfer case based on inputs from the stability control computer, automatically engages the front drive to improve traction and vehicle stability.

The standard transfer case requires the driver to engage 4-wheel drive when he wants it. However, the 4-wheel drive should not be used on dry pavement because the drivetrain can bind up when making sharp turns. The Advanced transfer case uses a clutch to allow slip between the rear and front axles. The standard transfer case does not have that capability.

I would think the advanced transfer my case would be a good choice for you as it increases the capability of the system. My H3T has such a system and it's great for everyday use.
Good explanation here, amigo! Thanks for the clarification.
Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Good explanation here, amigo! Thanks for the clarification.
If you do lots of Austin Power turnarounds on sketchy hillsides then the advanced is probably a good investment. You should still be able to turn sharply and get power to both axles without binding.