Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hoping to get some insight on my current drama.

I need to replace my current Bronco. I am trying to figure out exactly what the difference is between a MY24 Sasquatch Big Bend and Sasquatch Black Diamond.

Here is my current bronco build that I will be reordering a replacement for next week.

MY23
big bend
4dr
SAS
2.3 w/auto
Mid package
Mod bumper
Aux switches
Tow
Soft top (possibly dual top)

I ordered my big bend strictly for the cloth seatsā€¦which Job2 took away anyway. What am I missing out on going with a big bend over black diamond?

With Sasquatch added both seem close, so Iā€™m not sure why I would spend more for a black diamond. Based on a friends ā€˜22 sasquatched black diamond which has exactly the same options as by big bend. I see the following list not on my ā€˜23 big bend SAS.

-Front bash plate
-Fuel tank skid
-Steel rear bumperā€¦at least it looks different than mine.
-Rock rails.

The ā€˜24 build and price shows
Big Bend same build as above - $53,730

Like configured Black Diamond - $56,295

Is the difference in price just the items I listed? I plan on going with a dual swing out rear bumper and remove rock rails for running boards. So no loss not getting those.

It seems the skids are the only difference I would be missing out on?

Driving my BB and driving her BD, if I donā€™t look at the hood color I can not tell a difference between the two.
Sponsored

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not sure exactly on the 2024 changes, but the skids on the 2023 Black Diamond are simply bolted on. At least the skid below the oil pan is, because you have to undo 4 bolts to do an oil change anyway.

I would assume all the holes are there on the Big Bend to just bolt on after market skids. Which are probably nicer anyway.

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I need to replace my current Bronco. I am trying to figure out exactly what the difference is between a MY24 Sasquatch Big Bend and Sasquatch Black Diamond.

Here is my current bronco build that I will be reordering a replacement for next week.

MY23
big bend
4dr
SAS
2.3 w/auto
Mid package
Mod bumper
Aux switches
Tow

I ordered my big bend strictly for the cloth seatsā€¦which Job2 took away anyway. What am I missing out on going with a big bend over black diamond?

With Sasquatch added both seem close, so Iā€™m not sure why I would spend more for a black diamond. Based on a friends ā€˜22 sasquatched black diamond which has exactly the same options as by big bend. I see the following list not on my ā€˜23 big bend SAS.

-Front bash plate
-Fuel tank skid
-Rock rails.

Is the difference in price just the items I listed? I plan on going with a dual swing out rear bumper and remove rock rails for running boards. So no loss not getting those.

Driving my BB and driving her BD, if I donā€™t look at the hood color I can not tell a difference between the two.
Mostly offroad stuff. The black diamond gets the full vehicle steel bash plates, rock rails and metal rear bumper, as well as the rear locker and 4.46 axle ratio as standard. With the big bend you'd get a 4.27 axle ratio if you add the rear locker and only get the 4.46 if you spec the manual transmission. (advanced 4x4, now called part time with automatic engagement, is still optional). FYI, the oem gas tank skid is over $700 from ford and it replaces the fuel tank mounting straps, so not a simple or cheap swap.

probably some interior color combinations that are BB or BD only also.

I've said before that there are trims that could be eliminated and rolled into the other trims as an add-on package. like make black diamond an option package available on BB and OBX that comes with the bash plates, rock rails, bumper, and rear locking diff as a "sasquatch lite" package.

Last edited:

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are doing Sasquatch, the primary difference is Black Diamond comes with rock rails, steel bumpers, full bash plates, and standard Aux wiring. Big Bend comes with plastic bumpers and no trail armor, but you do get access to certain features like the signature lighting and those aux switches (if you pay for those upgrades standalone).

That's it.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not much difference between your two selections. A Goat mode, rock rails and skids. Might as well go mid package BL. SAS would be a rip off in my opinion. Itā€™s just slightly different items for lots of money. Itā€™s not like non SAS doesnā€™t have gears, shocks and tires. Almost like there is no credit for what comes standard. Mid package is mostly more electronic stuff to break. Copilot 360 is ok. Had it. Donā€™t now and donā€™t miss it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
tock13

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you are doing Sasquatch, the primary difference is Black Diamond comes with rock rails, steel bumpers, full bash plates, and standard Aux wiring. Big Bend comes with plastic bumpers and no trail armor, but you do get access to certain features like the signature lighting and those aux switches (if you pay for the upgrade).

That's it.
Thatā€™s exactly what I thought. They seemed close to the same. Non-Sasquatch I get the differences for sure.

Since Iā€™m replacing the rear bumper, adding OBX take off steps anyway, Iā€™ll go big bend and buy Ford OEM skids with the price difference.

OP
OP
tock13

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not much difference between your two selections. A Goat mode, rock rails and skids. Might as well go mid package BL. SAS would be a rip off in my opinion. Itā€™s just slightly different items for lots of money. Itā€™s not like non SAS doesnā€™t have gears, shocks and tires. Almost like there is no credit for what comes standard. Mid package is mostly more electronic stuff to break. Copilot 360 is ok. Had it. Donā€™t now and donā€™t miss it.
Forgot about the missing Goat Mode, thatā€™s ok. I never used them anyway.

I went mid package cuz we like heated seats cuz we are old. šŸ˜Š

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thatā€™s exactly what I thought. They seemed close to the same. Non-Sasquatch I get the differences for sure.

Since Iā€™m replacing the rear bumper, adding OBX take off steps anyway, Iā€™ll go big bend and buy Ford OEM skids with the price difference.
MB3Z-5D032-E is the part number for those skids plates... in case you didn't have it.

And yes you will also need the front bash plate section that's included in that package. Previously the front bash plate was included with the HD modular bumper, but that is no longer the case.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Forgot about the missing Goat Mode, thatā€™s ok. I never used them anyway.

I went mid package cuz we like heated seats cuz we are old. šŸ˜Š
I have found more uses for a heating pad since getting older. You might have a good point on heated seats. My hip hurts now.

MEAT_GOD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2dr, 15 Maserati Quattroporte
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Big Bend's your best choice if you plan to do any mods. You won't miss any of the extra creature comforts, anyways.

Sponsored
OP
OP
tock13

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

MB3Z-5D032-E is the part number for those skids plates... in case you didn't have it.

And yes you will also need the front bash plate section that's included in that package. Previously the front bash plate was included with the HD modular bumper, but that is no longer the case.
Thanks for that part number, I appreciate that. I will get that ordered because that giant unprotected plastic gas tank hanging there gives me stress!

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have anon-Sas 2dr Badlands and lovvvvve it!!

Oly_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

MY23
big bend
4dr
SAS
2.3 w/auto
Mid package
Mod bumper
Aux switches
Tow

-Front bash plate
-Fuel tank skid
-Rock rails.

What was the final outcome with your MY23 Bronco?

OP
OP
tock13

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What was the final outcome with your MY23 Bronco?
Nothing final yet unfortunately.

From the text my dealer showed me from Ford last week, the software update the dealer needed to configure the new gateway module in my Bronco was not available to the dealer, so ford had to load it..some day. He suggested I put in a request to Ford to buy back the truck because the dealer tech was not able to get any help from Ford to troubleshoot. Supposedly ford didnā€™t have time to call them to troubleshoot the issue.

The service manager said to go ahead and order a new Bronco to get it in the system now to be ready when or if Ford agreed to buy it back.

I spoke with my case manager at ford today and they are doing a second evaluation of my request but had no decision on buying it back so no idea where I stand there.

In the meantime, today I asked my service writer why my Bronco no longer shows up in FordPassā€¦she said they are working on it with Ford. WTH, finally. A member here looked up my VIN in FDRS and it looks like nobody has done much of anything since sept 12th.

So it sounds like to me, to get ford engineers to actually lift a finger to help you have to put in a request to have them buy back the vehicle.

I guess at this point I have no idea where this all will end up. Itā€™s annoying to say the leastā€¦to rub a bit of salt in the wound, I made the 1st payment on it today and I donā€™t even have it!

Honestly though, after spending a year on this forum reading every post I could I am not at all surprised by any of this because Ford has zero care about quality or customer support these days. I mean, really, whatā€™s the big deal with having a 7 day old $59k vehicle get put in the shop for over a month right? šŸ˜Š
Sponsored