Sponsored

12 inch display on Black Diamond or Big Bend?

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Without the 'Built in Nav' you will lose all navigation if you get tired of paying Ford, add to that even if you are paying and you have no cell reception (read 'out in the boonies') you lose all navigation. With built in NAV you still have nav anywhere without paying, although you lose the trail maps without the subscription. At $700 for 36 months subscription that's $19.44 a month, for built in maps, and the other connected goodies, after which you still have the map navigation if you don't want to pay monthly. You can still purchase map updates as needed. As I spend a lot of time out of AT&T service areas I am leaning toward getting the 'built in' option.
Fair - but it should not cost money at this point.
You can by GPS units that do not have monthly fees - we really should stop giving OEM's money for nothing.
Sponsored

OP
OP
maxmxa

maxmxa

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can by GPS units that do not have monthly fees - we really should stop giving OEM's money for nothing.
It's another way to get you sign up (or hope) for another monthly subscription. Everything seems to be going to subscription base. Nobody seems to be satisfied with a one time payment anymore. So, I guess if I had the option to avoid subscription (as in this case), then I'd rather do that, but with so many free mapping software out there it just doesn't make sense asking $700.
The real problem is that it seems I have no option to add the larger 12" display on a BB or BD. :(

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

True, but my 7" Garmin 770RV was over $400, so I totally see them charging for it, just $700 is a bit steep imo.

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Lazarus327

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Without the 'Built in Nav' you will lose all navigation if you get tired of paying Ford, add to that even if you are paying and you have no cell reception (read 'out in the boonies') you lose all navigation. With built in NAV you still have nav anywhere without paying, although you lose the trail maps without the subscription. At $700 for 36 months subscription that's $19.44 a month, for built in maps, and the other connected goodies, after which you still have the map navigation if you don't want to pay monthly. You can still purchase map updates as needed. As I spend a lot of time out of AT&T service areas I am leaning toward getting the 'built in' option.
I hear ya, but you can still get iOS apps that allow you to download and use maps (street & trail) & navigation when out of cell range. I assume Android has similar apps available. That still makes it cheaper than Ford's 'build-in' option.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hear ya, but you can still get iOS apps that allow you to download and use maps (street & trail) & navigation when out of cell range. I assume Android has similar apps available. That still makes it cheaper than Ford's 'build-in' option.
As long as you know where you are going to be wheeling before you lose cell signal, and have a data plan that allows large downloads (detailed maps are not small). I guess you could stop at Starbucks for a coffee and do the dump, providing there is one.
Sponsored