First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The front locker comes with Badlands trim and the Sasquatch package (therefore Wildtrak trim as well), so the answer is:
The only way to get a front locker on a BD is with the Sasquatch package.
So besides the marine grade interior and body armour including the bumpers there is not much difference (off road wise) between BB and BD. Seems like they are similar.
Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So besides the marine grade interior and body armour including the bumpers there is not much difference (off road wise) between BB and BD. Seems like they are similar.
Generally yeah, except:
-Make sure you option the rear locker on the BB (it's standard on BD)
-The advanced 4x4 isn't available on BB without Sasquatch (but is on BD)
-You get the Rock Crawl GOAT Mode on BD
-BB comes stock with P255/75R17 tires and BD comes stock with LT265/70/R17 tires. Both are A/T rated and nominally 32" diameter.

Djdmustang

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Generally yeah, except:
-Make sure you option the rear locker on the BB (it's standard on BD)
-The advanced 4x4 isn't available on BB without Sasquatch (but is on BD)
-You get the Rock Crawl GOAT Mode on BD
-BB comes stock with P255/75R17 tires and BD comes stock with LT265/70/R17 tires. Both are A/T rated and nominally 32" diameter.
I’m having second thoughts about my order, I got the BB with the 2.7l engine and Sasquatch and saved quite a bit of money compared to the Badlands 2.7l non Squatch. I keep going back and forth between these two. I could get the BD with the Squatch but then it creeps closer to Badlands non Squatch. I just don’t know what to do, just not sure... I have to call the dealer to change the order if I decide on changing.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m having second thoughts about my order, I got the BB with the 2.7l engine and Sasquatch and saved quite a bit of money compared to the Badlands 2.7l non Squatch. I keep going back and forth between these two. I could get the BD with the Squatch but then it creeps closer to Badlands non Squatch. I just don’t know what to do, just not sure... I have to call the dealer to change the order if I decide on changing.
There are so many right answers and so few wrong, it can be tough to pick the best one.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I can fit 33” tires on the Big Bend and the 4x4 automatic is available I think I have finally made up my mind. I will eventually replace my seats with Katskins.
No advanced 4x4 on BB is why I went to BD.

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The front locker comes with Badlands trim and the Sasquatch package (therefore Wildtrak trim as well), so the answer is:
The only way to get a front locker on a BD is with the Sasquatch package.
The front locker can be added aftermarket to the BD for less (about half) than the jump to the BL trim level.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The front locker can be added aftermarket to the BD for less (about half) than the jump to the BL trim level.
Or that. You don't get the disco though if that's important to you.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Or that. You don't get the disco though if that's important to you.
True, but if you are that committed to crawling, quick disconnects are a lot cheaper and probably less prone to malfunction. My thoughts at least. I'm debating adding the front diff to my Bronco at some point. I have one in the H3T, but rarely use it.

OP
OP
TexAg13

TexAg13

Black Diamond
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mercedes-Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No advanced 4x4 on BB is why I went to BD.
What is the big advantage of the advanced 4x4? I opted not to go with the advanced because I figured I could just adjust the settings as needed. I will likely never do any serious rock crawling.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was wondering about this as well. Curious if you would want to add a locker to the smaller front axle.

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was wondering about this as well. Curious if you would want to add a locker to the smaller front axle.
The entire "axle" is upgraded to the Dana M210 AdvanTEK components, making it equal to the front axle of the Sasquatch package. I'm assuming that means the differential with a 8.3" ring gear and larger diameter axle shafts.

Calypso

Heritage
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Heritage, Cadillac CTS
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

This will be my path of action if I decide I need/want a front locker later on. . . is it known that the Ford Performance upgrade M210 axle is a) electronic control; and b) able to integrate the control switch into the "hero switch" panel on the dash?

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is the big advantage of the advanced 4x4? I opted not to go with the advanced because I figured I could just adjust the settings as needed. I will likely never do any serious rock crawling.
It is nice in snow/ice as it uses abs to monitor wheel speed and automatically engages/disengages 4WD as conditions mandate rather than having the driver select/deselect 4wd manually.

Engineeredthisway24

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Big Bend comes with six goat modes. The Black Diamond is the one that comes with seven. The Black Diamond comes with rock crawl as the additional one.
Wildtrak has 7 including Baja, but no Rock Crawl. Badlands also has 7, but no Baja which is the same as the Black Diamond. All other trim lines have 6 or 5 (base).

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wrote a long reply yesterday but decided not to post it. Basically the advanced transfer case let's you keep the drivetrain in 4-wheel drive all the time (4A) and the transfer case based on inputs from the stability control computer, automatically engages the front drive to improve traction and vehicle stability.

The standard transfer case requires the driver to engage 4-wheel drive when he wants it. However, the 4-wheel drive should not be used on dry pavement because the drivetrain can bind up when making sharp turns. The Advanced transfer case uses a clutch to allow slip between the rear and front axles. The standard transfer case does not have that capability.

I would think the advanced transfer my case would be a good choice for you as it increases the capability of the system. My H3T has such a system and it's great for everyday use.
Sponsored