Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

just give me the tunes man, and let me roll out in my Black Diamond rocking out!
Sponsored

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll just add that for the $6k between the BD and BL you get a lot of capability. I am going to take SAS out of the Math.

- 33" tires vice 32" riding on Machined alloy rims vice steel
- Advanced 4x4 vice 4x4 Part time Selectable
- Baja over Sport GOAT mode... Not sure how much I care.
- Bilstein suspension on your HOSS System vice whatever.
- M210 Dana Front end vice the 190 Dana.
- Locking Front Diff, you gotta buy the SAS if you want this on the BD
- Of course Stabilizer bar.

I don't know about you, but if you're not going to buy the SAS, where you would get most of this, then it is better to get the BL. There is no way you could increase the functionality of a BD over the BL at this level for $6k.

BD is a great vehicle. However, I think if you are really going to take your Bronco out into the wild the BL is ready to go today, to handle damn near anything a regular person would throw at it.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bet the cost difference the BL with High and BD with Sas and High (if available) would be similar.
BL comes with most of the Sas included.
We will see when B&P is released.... some day.

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bet the cost difference the BL with High and BD with Sas and High (if available) would be similar.
BL comes with most of the Sas included.
We will see when B&P is released.... some day.
Yes, that ?

Even if the BL was just a little more, having the BL for resale later would be better than an optioned BD. We look at the options, resale looks at the badge.

Sponsored

Zinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'll just add that for the $6k between the BD and BL you get a lot of capability. I am going to take SAS out of the Math.

- 33" tires vice 32" riding on Machined alloy rims vice steel
- Advanced 4x4 vice 4x4 Part time Selectable
- Baja over Sport GOAT mode... Not sure how much I care.
- Bilstein suspension on your HOSS System vice whatever.
- M210 Dana Front end vice the 190 Dana.
- Locking Front Diff, you gotta buy the SAS if you want this on the BD
- Of course Stabilizer bar.

I don't know about you, but if you're not going to buy the SAS, where you would get most of this, then it is better to get the BL. There is no way you could increase the functionality of a BD over the BL at this level for $6k.

BD is a great vehicle. However, I think if you are really going to take your Bronco out into the wild the BL is ready to go today, to handle damn near anything a regular person would throw at it.
OTOH the $4500 jump to add Sasquatch to Black Diamond is still cheaper than the price increase to Badlands. That stabilizer bar disconnect is looking quite expensive at that rate, and of course the privilege of adding the High+ package.

Iā€™m on the fence but I still think Black Diamond is the sweet spot for my use.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Speaking of evil bean counters, limiting the garage door openers to the lux package was just cruel. I could understand it not being in the mid but leaving it out of the high as well?
The good thing is you can buy a home link off Ebay for 30 bucks and mount it somewhere easily .

BroncOBX

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.polaris-intel.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150 FX4; Mavic 2 Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BroncOBX

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.polaris-intel.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150 FX4; Mavic 2 Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I need the heated seats from mid, keyless access is also nice.
Both are stand alone options you can buy without going to the Mid (if I'm not mistaken which is how I read the marketing propaganda.)

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I too was looking at a Sas BD but would like some of the features in the high pkg. Still waiting for B&P to see what the Ala Carte options look like. It may be that you will be able to pick and choose some of the options/upgrades. Off course it will cost more than getting them in a pkg, but they may be available.
So once again we are back to B&P! :confused:

Sponsored

thd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Camaro SS 1/LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I priced out the BD with Sasquatch vs a Badlands with the 4.7 rear ratio. My understanding is the only difference between the Badlands and the BD with Sasquatch are the wheels and tires. If I need 35"s I can upgrade when the 33" need to be replaced. There is also a wheel option for the BLs for beadlock capable wheels.

The price difference was less than $800 so for me the Badlands seems like a no brainer to have the on-the-fly sway bar disconnect and access to the high package.

Homer Rice

Badlands
First Name
Homer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer LTD and Dodge Durango Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well planned marketing by Ford as they hold out on just enough "wants" on each model to motivate you to upgrade and spend more jack. No secret there. At the end of the day, it is a personal choice and I decided I didn't need the extra BL stuff (not an off roader) so we sacrificed the 12" screen to stick with the BD mid package. We are taking the soft top but curious of others think that is a bad play if this will be an ever day driving car for us? thx

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I might goes as far as purchasing the Outer Banks 12" headunit trim & head unit for my Black Diamond and swap it out myself when parts can be sourced from the Dealer just so I can utilize Carplay on a 12" and have Vinyl washout/drain floors w/ my Black Diamond. :cool:
I did this in my mustang to both the head unit and digital dash, itā€™ll probably happen in the Bronco too!

F3527DD0-80F9-4C6F-8707-4F7CEFB8C853.jpeg

226E3951-F2C4-4C0E-BB46-D0A6364B7D3C.jpeg

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wouldnā€™t it be cool šŸ˜Ž if we could all get exactly what we want for a dirt cheap price!!! If the high Package was part of the Black Diamond build then the Big Bend camp would complain that itā€™s not available to them :)
Sponsored