Sponsored

12 inch display on Black Diamond or Big Bend?

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I doubt Ford offers 12" screen on the bottom-level trims like Black Diamond and Big Bend.
Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

$695 is the connected nav piece has nothing to to do with screen size and that is available on lower trims maybe not base I never spent time on that one.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope!

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They are saying those radio features are available in a 12"
screen , not that the 12" screen is available in that trim . The BB and BD get the 8" screen .

XTurtle

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

8" screen.

What you are paying for is the enhanced features/navigation package.

BD will not have a 12" screen.

Sponsored
OP
OP
maxmxa

maxmxa

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm glad I'm not the only one confused. The $695 option is the only optional equipment that I can add for the audio system. It says "Available" with 12" LCD touch screen, but there's no other optional add on to select to get that.
If the $700 is just for connected "built in" navigation, then it's totally worthless option.
The only difference I see is the wording for "built in" navigation.

Ford Bronco 12 inch display on Black Diamond or Big Bend? 1605650423322
Ford Bronco 12 inch display on Black Diamond or Big Bend? 1605650761619

FstFrd00

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gunsmithingtx.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm glad I'm not the only one confused. The $695 option is the only optional equipment that I can add for the audio system. It says "Available" with 12" LCD touch screen, but there's no other optional add on to select to get that.
If the $700 is just for connected "built in" navigation, then it's totally worthless option.

Ford Bronco 12 inch display on Black Diamond or Big Bend? 1605650761619
+1 to the confused, the would like the 12" but not for the price of an OBX or BL and $700 for connected nav is pointless
for a 5-year membership gaia gps is $160, not to mention waze (free)

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

1605650423322.png
1605650761619.png
I suspect that the $695 built in navigation will give you the maps “built in” so that if you ever decide to stop paying the subscription, you will still have a working navigation. If you are only getting the “connected navigation” I would guess you will lose all navigation abilities as soon as you stop paying the subscription.

the “available with 12” screen” just means you can also get the built in navigation on the 12” screen too. It does not mean that the 12” screen is available on lower trims.

fyi, $795 has historically been how much Ford has charged for navigation before they started doing the subscription.

Iceman153

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's pretty straight forward, the only way to get a 12" screen is in the High or Lux package, period. That means only OB, BL, WT, or FE trims can have a 12" screen.

It's quite clear in the details of that option that the option does not include the 12" screen, it's $700 for the built-in nav that is available on the 8" or 12" screen.

VegasKoop

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Pretty sure this will be an easy upgrade after the fact. The upgrade on the '21 Explorer is already dialed in by the aftermarket.

Sponsored
OP
OP
maxmxa

maxmxa

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To upgrade later, It looks as if the entire dash around the head unit is one piece, so it would probably involve some cutting of the dash around the bezel. Possible, but any upgrade will probably be around $1K or more.

Ford Bronco 12 inch display on Black Diamond or Big Bend? 1605660857981

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Without the 'Built in Nav' you will lose all navigation if you get tired of paying Ford, add to that even if you are paying and you have no cell reception (read 'out in the boonies') you lose all navigation. With built in NAV you still have nav anywhere without paying, although you lose the trail maps without the subscription. At $700 for 36 months subscription that's $19.44 a month, for built in maps, and the other connected goodies, after which you still have the map navigation if you don't want to pay monthly. You can still purchase map updates as needed. As I spend a lot of time out of AT&T service areas I am leaning toward getting the 'built in' option.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

but what absolute lunatic would pay $700 for ass navigation? Presumably anyone who can afford a new bronco has a smart phone with absolute superior (and free) navi
Me? I perfer to run it from the screen than my phone. Mostly because I rarely connect my phone's bluetooth. And I don't want to have to worry about bluetoothing my phone to use it; when I can just hit the nav button through sync. So much easier

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I prefer the built in maps too. Usually because any of the map apps (google, Waze, etc) drain my phone battery pretty fast, and I’ve been known to forget my charger. This is one reason why I wish the wireless charging was available as a stand alone option. All the trims come with wireless Apple CarPlay and android auto, but if I don’t have a wireless charger, what’s the point if I’m going to have to plug in my phone anyways?
Sponsored