Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang, 2013 Ram, 2003 Jeep Liberty 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This was not a B&P error, it was a deliberate price change. Looking at the "2021 Ford Bronco Preliminary Build & Price Dealer Quick Reference Guide", you see exactly the original "2021 Model Year Ford Bronco Job 1 intent" from Ford and original B&P behavior. For example, it is clear in the options and notes that the AT was standard on Base 4dr, standard on BB & BD wth the optional V6 or optional Mid package, and standard on BL with optional V6. Yes, both this document and the B&P reserve the right to make changes, which is the case here. But call it what it is and stop calling it a B&P error and blaming the B&P developers. They thoroughly tested the B&P to ensure it reflected Ford's original pricing intent. But Ford decided to change the original pricing intent to make more money, which was probably a smart business move. Ford, when can I get an updated revision of the "2021 Ford Bronco Preliminary Build & Price Dealer Quick Reference Guide"?
Sponsored

Attachments

OP
OP
Tataman

Tataman

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This was not a B&P error, it was a deliberate price change. Looking at the "2021 Ford Bronco Preliminary Build & Price Dealer Quick Reference Guide", you see exactly the original "2021 Model Year Ford Bronco Job 1 intent" from Ford and original B&P behavior. For example, it is clear in the options and notes that the AT was standard on Base 4dr, standard on BB & BD wth the optional V6 or optional Mid package, and standard on BL with optional V6. Yes, both this document and the B&P reserve the right to make changes, which is the case here. But call it what it is and stop calling it a B&P error and blaming the B&P developers. They thoroughly tested the B&P to ensure it reflected Ford's original pricing intent. But Ford decided to change the original pricing intent to make more money, which was probably a smart business move. Ford, when can I get an updated revision of the "2021 Ford Bronco Preliminary Build & Price Dealer Quick Reference Guide"?
This is the best evidential material I’ve seen supporting the inclusion of the AT in the cost of build. This stealth price increase has caused enough static that I would expect an update from Ford. What I hear from Ford: crickets.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thought this horse was dead already....

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just give it a little more time. They'll find something else to be enraged about soon enough.

Reactions: RG7

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are no regional differences of the MSRP in the US.
As someone who shopped a vehicle in 4-5 states trying to find a configuration just like what I wanted, I can tell you that there absolutely are different MSRP prices on the same vehicle in the U.S. The differences are small, but they're there. It's most likely to be seen in the delivery charge, with the price being higher the further the distance is. It's not much, maybe $100 or $200 if the two states in comparison are quite far apart. But, I also saw a similar slight difference on an options package. Again, it wasn't much, probably $100, but it's there and it's real.

But both of those are separate of dealer pricing, which is what really matters. The dealer decides the price he will sell the vehicle. That price will be finalized when the order is placed (assuming no changes to the build configuration later). Even for those of us ordering using our reservation number, paying MSRP is no guarantee. What is a guarantee is that there will be some dealers who will find ways of yanking some reservation-holder's chains at the time of order and will manage to squeeze out extra profit in dubious up-charges, fees, add-ons, etc. that they will likely try to insist will be required in a nice "take it or leave it" fashion. We'll hear the stories here within 24 hours of when ordering begins. ?

OP
OP
Tataman

Tataman

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Apparently people are fond of digging it back up, using pagan incantations to resurrect it, and killing it all over again ad nauseam.

What more can be possibly said about this? Honestly.
[/QUOT
Apparently people are fond of digging it back up, using pagan incantations to resurrect it, and killing it all over again ad nauseam.

What more can be possibly said about this? Honestly.
I would like an accurate estimate on price of a configured build. Is that too much too ask?

The b&p still shows $600 for rock rails on the bd and bl models. The rep at ford said the rocks are only standard on the 2 door, not the 4 door. This is totally inconsistent with what currently on the web site! This isn’t rocket surgery.

OP
OP
Tataman

Tataman

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would like an accurate estimate on price of a configured build. Is that too much too ask?

The b&p still shows $600 for rock rails on the bd and bl models. The rep at ford said the rocks are only standard on the 2 door, not the 4 door. This is totally inconsistent with what is currently on the web site! This isn’t rocket surgery.

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

The b&p still shows $600 for rock rails on the bd and bl models. The rep at ford said the rocks are only standard on the 2 door, not the 4 door. This is totally inconsistent with what is currently on the web site! This isn’t rocket surgery.
For what it's worth, no it's not too much to ask. But you must be the 600th person to say this exact thing over the last week. Forgive some of us if we are ready to move on.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whatever build price you reserve it at you don't have to worry about any price increase if Ford decides to increase something. The price you lock down is the price you pay. I had a few things changed when I reserved my Ranger. And I only paid the amounts of my original build. Not the price increases.

Sponsored

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Accurate estimate is still an estimate not an actual.

MotoCeptorMan

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For what it's worth, no it's not too much to ask. But you must be the 600th person to say this exact thing over the last week. Forgive some of us if we are ready to move on.
Some of us may not be on this forum every day like some are. Forgive us who are late to the discussion and you are free to ignore and not chime in.

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some of us may not be on this forum every day like some are. Forgive us who are late to the discussion and you are free to ignore and not chime in.
The first sentence of the original post in this thread literally says: "This has been discussed at length on the forums..."

I'd say it's safe to say that it isn't a case of an infrequent visitor just missing the discussion.

Reactions: RG7

MotoCeptorMan

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The first sentence of the original post in this thread literally says: "This has been discussed at length on the forums..."

I'd say it's safe to say that it isn't a case of an infrequent visitor just missing the discussion.
You assume an infrequent user hasn't read dozens of pages on the topic before chiming in. Everything I read on this tread and the other couple of similar threads on this topic is that this was just a B&P error. What I attempted to add was that the B&P was not in error and was just following the previously published options plan and that the change is indeed a planned price increase. If this was already stated somewhere other than the 90+ pages I've already read, then please excuse me.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As someone who shopped a vehicle in 4-5 states trying to find a configuration just like what I wanted, I can tell you that there absolutely are different MSRP prices on the same vehicle in the U.S. The differences are small, but they're there. It's most likely to be seen in the delivery charge, with the price being higher the further the distance is. It's not much, maybe $100 or $200 if the two states in comparison are quite far apart. But, I also saw a similar slight difference on an options package. Again, it wasn't much, probably $100, but it's there and it's real.

But both of those are separate of dealer pricing, which is what really matters. The dealer decides the price he will sell the vehicle. That price will be finalized when the order is placed (assuming no changes to the build configuration later). Even for those of us ordering using our reservation number, paying MSRP is no guarantee. What is a guarantee is that there will be some dealers who will find ways of yanking some reservation-holder's chains at the time of order and will manage to squeeze out extra profit in dubious up-charges, fees, add-ons, etc. that they will likely try to insist will be required in a nice "take it or leave it" fashion. We'll hear the stories here within 24 hours of when ordering begins. ?
If by "delivery charge" you mean "destination" then it is absolutely the same across the country. The point of destination is to have even fees no matter how far the vehicle has travelled. It's a manufacturer fee. Not a dealer fee.

A dealer in another state may add their own fee to the destination but the destination fee stays the same.

Manufacturer baseline MSRP stays the same. Dealer prices, packages, and additions may vary.
Sponsored

Last edited: