Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It’s really ridiculous how Ford could screw this up
Idk. Hard to put this solely on ford. Why do you blame them? Covid has really hit supply chains hard. I mean, covid has really hit everyone hard. Shutting down for months isn't easy to recover from. Hell I ordered windows for my house back in August, weren't delivered till end of Oct.

Where I'd put blame on ford is they should've had more realistic timelines knowing covid would impact things when they launched in July. But they've been communicating the delays and reasons. I think we should all consider ourselves lucky with an economy in the tank we can still afraid to but new cars.

If ford still launched in July, but said deliveries won't start till Fall '21, would you still say they screwed up?

Not trying to stir things up. Just curious on others thoughts who see things differently than me.
Sponsored

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Idk. Hard to put this solely on ford. Why do you blame them? Covid has really hit supply chains hard. I mean, covid has really hit everyone hard. Shutting down for months isn't easy to recover from. Hell I ordered windows for my house back in August, weren't delivered till end of Oct.

Where I'd put blame on ford is they should've had more realistic timelines knowing covid would impact things when they launched in July. But they've been communicating the delays and reasons. I think we should all consider ourselves lucky with an economy in the tank we can still afraid to but new cars.

If ford still launched in July, but said deliveries won't start till Fall '21, would you still say they screwed up?

Not trying to stir things up. Just curious on others thoughts who see things differently than me.
Ahh @PowPow for all the times you knocked my "preliminary" pricing Excel sheets, I still love ya ?

But in my opinion, Ford has dropped the ball from day one. They initially were set to do a "virtual" reveal of the Bronco in March, yet they cancelled that. Only to do a virtual reveal in July, which even though we all gushed over the reveal, there really wasn't much to it.

Next lets move on to the countless times they said B&P was coming. With Levine being extremely vague in when it would actually drop. Then finally, what was it? October it finally dropped? And again we gushed over it because it was something. Which turns out was a bunch of wrong somethings mixed in with a few things correct.

From there it takes them literally months to fix the B&P? I mean come on. I'm a draftsman by trade. I do a set of shop drawings, those drawings are checked before being sent out. Can you tell me that NO ONE ever saw that the auto trans wasn't coming up? Not even AFTER it was mentioned to Levine a million times?

This list could go on and on, from no x-plan, to a messed up allocation schedule, to a TOTAL LACK of real information. Hell, from the time of release they started showing videos of them TESTING the Bronco. You mean to tell me by the time they revealed this thing that no testing had been done?

Being a Ford guy through and through maybe I'm just more critical of them. Throw in the fact that I've owned (3) Bronco's in the past and have waited an eternity for it to come back, maybe that means I nitpick more? I don't know, but in my eyes, Ford could've done much much better with this release. But that's just me. And I still love ya :love:

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Now back to the fun... Just got off the phone with Peter, seems like a nice guy. Though I did have to mention to him that I was part of the Bronco6G group (he seemed to know of the group, but didn't realize at first that I was a part of it. Looking at you @cverde). He also didn't know where I was in the allocation group of things, can't fault him for that as we don't even know if Brewster has made it through all of that yet.

Anwyas, I pretty much left it with him saying I needed another week or two while I still try to figure out my build. ?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Aw snaps.... got an email from my sales guy

1611006811278.png

Which also translates to aw shit, now I gotta settle on a build. ?
dun-dun-duuuun!

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Your Brewster contact just called:

vxe0cwdnozd2dnf59ut2w8v5lgeyqo8mrmh0vqw2&rid=giphy.gif

they sounded a bit Punky.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ahh @PowPow for all the times you knocked my "preliminary" pricing Excel sheets, I still love ya ?

But in my opinion, Ford has dropped the ball from day one. They initially were set to do a "virtual" reveal of the Bronco in March, yet they cancelled that. Only to do a virtual reveal in July, which even though we all gushed over the reveal, there really wasn't much to it.

Next lets move on to the countless times they said B&P was coming. With Levine being extremely vague in when it would actually drop. Then finally, what was it? October it finally dropped? And again we gushed over it because it was something. Which turns out was a bunch of wrong somethings mixed in with a few things correct.

From there it takes them literally months to fix the B&P? I mean come on. I'm a draftsman by trade. I do a set of shop drawings, those drawings are checked before being sent out. Can you tell me that NO ONE ever saw that the auto trans wasn't coming up? Not even AFTER it was mentioned to Levine a million times?

This list could go on and on, from no x-plan, to a messed up allocation schedule, to a TOTAL LACK of real information. Hell, from the time of release they started showing videos of them TESTING the Bronco. You mean to tell me by the time they revealed this thing that no testing had been done?

Being a Ford guy through and through maybe I'm just more critical of them. Throw in the fact that I've owned (3) Bronco's in the past and have waited an eternity for it to come back, maybe that means I nitpick more? I don't know, but in my eyes, Ford could've done much much better with this release. But that's just me. And I still love ya :love:
Ok. I can respect those points of view. And I get them as well.

As you said you're a draftsman by trade, I'm a software developer by trade. So maybe when it comes to the B&P I have a bit more leniency. There's a term in our world... MVP, minimum viable product. Basically getting enough done to get it out the door then continually update. So that's how I looked at the B&P when it was released. It was enough to get us something and will be updated as needed. Now, do I think they should be updating more frequently? For sure. But I also know what goes into a release and can't speak to their process. In fact I'm like 99% a consulting company handles most of the development anyway. (My former company developed the GM, mychevrolet, etc... app) It's common practice. Ford is an automotive company. Not a software development company... I digress.

Xplan... I mean I can understand that. It's a new release after what, 25ish yrs? Supply and demand. People will still pay, no need to incentivize. Annoying, yes. But Ford is a company trying to make money. Wait a few years and they'll offer x plan. But if you want it first.. well...

Allocations is frustrating. But I think this has more to do with the delays and manufacturing than anything else. If they were on schedule and able to start delivering in spring in not sure this would be such a pain point. But that's my uneducated opinion. ?

And of course, nothing but love!

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford missed every single self imposed date. No one forced those deadlines on them and they still couldn't meet the dates. Unforced errors.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just wanted to remind those on the fence about the Brewster Deal that today is the LAST DAY to get on the list for the invoice deal. Make sure you reach out to @Johnny Mo if interested.
@cverde Just got home from work about 11pm and saw an e-mail from Brewster..... said I had to change my dealer reservation by today...... but Ford closed at 5:30. (Didn't even get e-mail until 6pm!)
I've been on the 'list' since 12/1. I thought that's all we were required to do, was changing our reservation for dealer choice also a requirement?
I e-mailed Brewster, hope I can still get in on it.

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@cverde Just got home from work about 11pm and saw an e-mail from Brewster..... said I had to change my dealer reservation by today...... but Ford closed at 5:30. (Didn't even get e-mail until 6pm!)
I've been on the 'list' since 12/1. I thought that's all we were required to do, was changing our reservation for dealer choice also a requirement?
I e-mailed Brewster, hope I can still get in on it.
I would like to think that @Johnny Mo or @cverde would be able to answer that question for you. You could always try to give Brian over at Brewster a call this morning as well.

Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I would like to think that @Johnny Mo or @cverde would be able to answer that question for you. You could always try to give Brian over at Brewster a call this morning as well.
I will double check my emails with Brian but I'm pretty sure we had originally said on the list letter in hand by the deadline. We didn't discuss transfer date.

J Mo

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

On a side note, did you guys happen to notice that they have a LEASE PRICE in the B&P now? Not sure if it was always there, but at 1st I saw the number and was like holy shit! My Bronco went from $800/month down to $400/month, thought I was getting an awesome deal ?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On a side note, did you guys happen to notice that they have a LEASE PRICE in the B&P now? Not sure if it was always there, but at 1st I saw the number and was like holy shit! My Bronco went from $800/month down to $400/month, thought I was getting an awesome deal ?
No soup for you!

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just curious though (in a thread full of smart people), how do you figure out vehicle cost at end of lease? This is how I look at it.....

My son (now 15), turns 17 in September 2022. Kid will need a vehicle. Yeah I know.... blah blah blah, I'm not one of those peeps that is buying my kid a brand new Beemer or Audi. But a 1st year Bronco, manageable payments does pose an interesting concept. Worst case, he can drive it a couple years before it would need to be turned in. That way I can get back UNDER the mileage :oops:
Sponsored