Badsquatch2021

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tbd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I find it ridiculous that dealers are giving people a hard time on pricing. It's such a simple thing for them to do by just locking in a plan with either less than invoice, invoice, X Plan, MSRP or somewhere in between.

Granted I was dumb and didn't get pricing early on before ordering opened because I believe my dealer when they said, "we are waiting for Ford to release the incentives and pricing details", but if mine tries any of this I'll just say thanks and switch to Granger noting that they at least had a game plan half a year ago and can wait for my Bronco. I've been using my dealer for sales and service for the last 10 years and 3 cars, but I can't stand lies or incompetence.
I'm getting "what's your build so we can price it out?" I replied, 4dr badlands. Why is this relevant? Seems like they're trying to markup certain models or options.
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

At manning, You say Not invoice, is it msrp? Or a discount off msrp?

I'm looking to switch dealers, the one I'm at is giving me a hard time on pricing anything.
The guy who first told me about manning said he got invoice! They're telling me MSRP... Big difference. Maybe he had an in?

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm getting "what's your build so we can price it out?" I replied, 4dr badlands. Why is this relevant? Seems like they're trying to markup certain models or options.
Yeah exactly. Ridiculous. Stick to a pricing structure and it applies to all models regardless. Why do they need to nickel and dime you on specific models? Just creates a mess to keep track of. Mine wanted to talk to me about pricing at delivery and I promptly said we will discuss price prior to finalizing the order.

They pulled the ole "convert the reservation to an order on 1/20" on me and called them 1/21 and the guy entering it said the GM told him to because I talked with the GM on 1/20 (which I did and said I was ready to order, but didn't think they would do it without asking wtf I wanted). Guy entering orders said he would call me back later in the week to finalize the order and price, but here we are a week later with no call.

I'll give them to early/mid-February so the WBDO system kinks are worked out, give them a call and if they don't do at least X-Plan pricing then I'll just tell them thanks for the opportunity, turn it back into a reservation by the end of the week and give Ford customer service a call when they inevitably don't. Then switch to Granger where at least the freaking pricing is clear and fair. Don't really care if I get a 22 since my res is early August and figured thats where I would by anyways.

I don't NEED a new vehicle. I WANT a Bronco. I'm still going to use the good ole noggin God gave me to pay over price for a vehicle that loses value as soon as I drive off the lot. I have that experience in the stock market, when I buy a stock the price goes down and doesn't come up for a while after that since I always manage to buy the peak :ROFLMAO:

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The guy who first told me about manning said he got invoice! They're telling me MSRP... Big difference. Maybe he had an in?
My emails with Manning below (took out my last name and email)...

Nick, Yes, you are welcome to post that.

On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 1:54 PM Nicholas XXXXXX> wrote:

Ben,

Thank you for getting back to me. I have already switched to Granger, knowing that I may take a later delivery depending on their final allocation to orders placed. For me, I needed to get the total price down as much as possible to get the options / packages I want included, so my wife would agree. I am barely doing that with $1,000 under invoice, and as much as I would like to give you business, I need that extra off. I am willing to take a delay in delivery to get the best deal I can.

I really appreciate your offer, which would beat the others in Chicago that I know of. I know there are several other local Chicagoland / NW burb customers on the Bronco G6 forum that are still having issues with communication with their dealers and /or are looking for better than MSRP. If you want, I can post on the forum for them to contact you. I believe that Invoice would get a few / several to switch to you. I will not do so unless it is ok with you.

Again, thanks for following up and making a generous offer, but I plan on staying with Granger at this point.

Nick

Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2021 11:38 AM
To: Nicholas XXXXXX
Subject: 2021 Bronco

Hi Nick,

We are aware that there is a dealer selling these Bronco's for below invoice. We have already agreed with several reservation holders to sell the Bronco's at MSRP. I would be willing to sell to a more savvy buyer, like yourself, at invoice, but I just can't justify making little to no money on the sale of one. My understanding is that we are way below our threshold of allocation on the Bronco and your order will get picked up in a timely manner (I can't say the same of Granger). Let me know if invoice pricing is acceptable? We are prepared to place your order ASAP.

Thanks for your consideration,

Ben Manning

Brad Manning Ford

815-756-6325

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My emails with Manning below (took out my last name and email)...

Nick, Yes, you are welcome to post that.

On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 1:54 PM Nicholas XXXXXX> wrote:

Ben,

Thank you for getting back to me. I have already switched to Granger, knowing that I may take a later delivery depending on their final allocation to orders placed. For me, I needed to get the total price down as much as possible to get the options / packages I want included, so my wife would agree. I am barely doing that with $1,000 under invoice, and as much as I would like to give you business, I need that extra off. I am willing to take a delay in delivery to get the best deal I can.

I really appreciate your offer, which would beat the others in Chicago that I know of. I know there are several other local Chicagoland / NW burb customers on the Bronco G6 forum that are still having issues with communication with their dealers and /or are looking for better than MSRP. If you want, I can post on the forum for them to contact you. I believe that Invoice would get a few / several to switch to you. I will not do so unless it is ok with you.

Again, thanks for following up and making a generous offer, but I plan on staying with Granger at this point.

Nick

Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2021 11:38 AM
To: Nicholas XXXXXX
Subject: 2021 Bronco

Hi Nick,

We are aware that there is a dealer selling these Bronco's for below invoice. We have already agreed with several reservation holders to sell the Bronco's at MSRP. I would be willing to sell to a more savvy buyer, like yourself, at invoice, but I just can't justify making little to no money on the sale of one. My understanding is that we are way below our threshold of allocation on the Bronco and your order will get picked up in a timely manner (I can't say the same of Granger). Let me know if invoice pricing is acceptable? We are prepared to place your order ASAP.

Thanks for your consideration,

Ben Manning

Brad Manning Ford

815-756-6325
Perhaps they changed their minds and are only doing MSRP, but he should not have told me it was ok to post they would do invoice if that was the case.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Perhaps they changed their minds and are only doing MSRP, but he should not have told me it was ok to post they would do invoice if that was the case.
That's huge! They only have 15 reservations (until my transfer shows)... This might at to it!

Badsquatch2021

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tbd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks guys, I'll give manning a shot and see what they come back with. Emailing now

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks guys, I'll give manning a shot and see what they come back with. Emailing now
Me, too. They may find a lot of new customers. I wonder what it does to their allocations when they convert 2-3x their initial reservations? LOL

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well my dealer called to order, which was surprising. Got all the order stuff ready and asked for a deposit of $400 with which I replied we did not discuss pricing and I do not want to pay MSRP. I cited Brad Manning Ford was doing invoice and if they could match. Naturally the salesman had to go ask the GM and would get back to me.

Moments after getting off the phone I received and email from Ford with my order options. So I either got a Bronco at MSRP with nothing down and no guarantees on price or the pipe dream I will get it at invoice. Wish me luck! Hope no one wants a 4dr 2.3L 7MT and it sits on their lot if they try to screw me!

Sponsored

Badsquatch2021

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tbd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I emailed back and forth a few times, nice quick responses. Ben had said because of all the recent inquiries and wanting to stay true to thier local customers, they would not be doing invoice pricing. He did offer $500 off msrp. No other fees or added costs. $500 deposit.

Seems like a decent dealer from the little communication I've had.

Now I have to think ?. Msrp right around the corner, or a couple hour drive each way. Guess I could drive thought the corn fields on my way back. You know, as a test...

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I emailed back and forth a few times, nice quick responses. Ben had said because of all the recent inquiries and wanting to stay true to thier local customers, they would not be doing invoice pricing. He did offer $500 off msrp. No other fees or added costs. $500 deposit.

Seems like a decent dealer from the little communication I've had.

Now I have to think ?. Msrp right around the corner, or a couple hour drive each way. Guess I could drive thought the corn fields on my way back. You know, as a test...
I get why he was staying close to what he already agreed with his local customers, and respect that. I will not hesitate to give Manning future business vs. a couple others in the area.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I get why he was staying close to what he already agreed with his local customers, and respect that. I will not hesitate to give Manning future business vs. a couple others in the area.
The question is just who is a local customer? I'm in st. Charles, too, and he's not emailed back yet. Dave had told me a couple weeks back that they could do a couple hundred off msrp.... Note the difference between msrp and invoice is about 1800 from what I've seen.

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The question is just who is a local customer? I'm in st. Charles, too, and he's not emailed back yet. Dave had told me a couple weeks back that they could do a couple hundred off msrp.... Note the difference between msrp and invoice is about 1800 from what I've seen.
probalby means DeKalb / Sycamore...Campton Hills/ St. Charles / Geneva is too far..LOL In any event, I did not go with him because $1,000 below invoice was a big enough difference that I could not pass on.

Will2497

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Might come off as a dumb question, but just in case others are also wondering, what is the difference between the MSRP and invoice? Is the invoice what the dealer pays for the vehicle?
Sponsored