Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

So my dealer today via email told me that he spoke to his Ford rep and that they are offering X-Plan on the bronco and then emailed me a quote for x-plan pricing and out the door costs.

What are the chances that come time to pay up, he pulls the rug out and says "oh yea, about that, they aren't honoring any more, soooorrrryy"?

FYI we were at MSRP before I mentioned that they said they would work towards getting me close to X-Plan pricing, $900 refundable for any reason deposit
No chance. You make your deal before it is ordered. Standard practice. Youā€™ll know what you are going to pay when the order is placed not at delivery unless you are including a trade.
Sponsored

The_Bronc

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Called Fair Oaks earlier for a 3rd time, this time I said I was interested in ordering and of course I get called back. Sales manager said theyā€™re only getting 48 and I was one of the first ones that put in a reservation (yeah well see). Supposed to go in Monday to confirm order.

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Called Fair Oaks earlier for a 3rd time, this time I said I was interested in ordering and of course I get called back. Sales manager said theyā€™re only getting 48 and I was one of the first ones that put in a reservation (yeah well see). Supposed to go in Monday to confirm order.
Good luck! Keep us updated please!!

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I'm still getting more communication from a dealer who is NOT my dealer....my reservation dealer is still *crickets*.

And I've called to make the switch, but because my old Visa # is no good, it's a manual transfer they call it and still hasn't happened. In the meantime, I've decided that I'm going to play two dealers against each other: one in a lower tax area offered me a couple hundred under MSRP, the other in a higher rate will cost $500 add'l tax....so I'm going to hit the one I want to work with for $1000 under MSRP and see if he's willing to play....I win either way.

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I'm still getting more communication from a dealer who is NOT my dealer....my reservation dealer is still *crickets*.

And I've called to make the switch, but because my old Visa # is no good, it's a manual transfer they call it and still hasn't happened. In the meantime, I've decided that I'm going to play two dealers against each other: one in a lower tax area offered me a couple hundred under MSRP, the other in a higher rate will cost $500 add'l tax....so I'm going to hit the one I want to work with for $1000 under MSRP and see if he's willing to play....I win either way.
Good luck!! Hopefully you read my previous posting (please read)about Gerald Ford (North Aurora), who advised MSRP, but unknown on ADM. I'm going to Grangers! I called Ford today but they were closed, so Monday it is!

Reactions: BD1

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good luck!! Hopefully you read my previous posting (please read)about Gerald Ford (North Aurora), who advised MSRP, but unknown on ADM. I'm going to Grangers! I called Ford today but they were closed, so Monday it is!
Yeah, Gerald ain't it. I saw your post! I'd like to work Haggerty, too...but I figure I've got two fish working already and either way I can't lose.

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stopped by Al Piemonte Ford today to check out the A51 Bronco Sport. Didnā€™t ask about reservations or anything since I was really just there to see the color and didnā€™t want to waste my or anyone elseā€™s time.

Ford Bronco Northern Illinois 1611431352321

Ford Bronco Northern Illinois 1611431375206

This was in the shade but was probably slightly darker in person than the camera picked up. Very nice flat tone and think it will go well on the Bronco with that MIC top etc.

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This was in the shade but was probably slightly darker in person than the camera picked up. Very nice flat tone and think it will go well on the Bronco with that MIC top etc.
I really got to get out to see one, I want it to be flat as you describe

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Stopped by Al Piemonte Ford today to check out the A51 Bronco Sport. Didnā€™t ask about reservations or anything since I was really just there to see the color and didnā€™t want to waste my or anyone elseā€™s time.

Nice color! I saw a Sport at Hawk Ford a couple of weeks ago and was surprised how small it looked, nice, but small!

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really got to get out to see one, I want it to be flat as you describe
100% flat no metallic or anything. I think the pictures take you 98% of the way with it and that remaining 2% is just how your eyes perceive it.

Sponsored

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Northern Illinois IMG_0068

Ford Bronco Northern Illinois IMG_0070

This is how my eye saw it (at least on my monitor).

It is flat. If you are familiar with the Jeep color Anvil they are similar but A51 is more blue and Anvil has more grey in it.

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Tax is charged where the vehicle is registered, so the rate where the dealer is located is irrelevant

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Tax is charged where the vehicle is registered, so the rate where the dealer is located is irrelevant
That's what I thought, too.... Country dealer said otherwise. Have to check.

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's what I thought, too.... Country dealer said otherwise. Have to check.
Country dealer is trying to pull a fast one. I bought a car from NC over the fall, and they charged me no tax at all in the deal. As soon as you take it to register the car in Illinois you'll have to write the check to the state for taxes, and it's based off your address.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey guys, hot off the presses!! WOW, what an experience (wide-eyed emoji), and I don't mean enjoyable! Just left Gerald Ford North Aurora, Illinois, who advised that they will sell at MSRP, and unknown if there's ADM! Actually, we never addressed the subject because right off the bat they were essentially saying I was a fool to believe Granger's pricing, that it was a scheme to draw peeps to move their reservations to them (Granger).

I won't bore you with all the graphic details, but essentially they (three managers against one) advised during this melee that they would guarantee invoice on a '22 early in the second wave due to my 07/14 timestamp. My reply, "Why would I wait until the end of the year to get a Bronco ('22) at invoice (Gerald Ford) when I can get one sooner ('21) at $1300 under invoice (Granger)." Also, they guaranteed that I would be in the first wave for a '22. I responded that only Ford determines who/what/when/where, and he agreed! Truly, I don't believe that they would offer invoice because during my visit they kept saying that the Broncos are too hot to be dealing in its pricing.

Here's the grand finale! The three amigos advised that once I go to them (Granger) I can't come back to them (Gerald Ford)! That all "deals" are off, that the best would maybe be MSRP! They asked where would I get my Bronco serviced if I would buy out of state, and my reply was any Ford dealership in the area, and they replied that I would be at the "end of the line" at Gerald for getting my Bronco serviced, and "no loaner" if the service warranted.

WOW!! What knuckleheads!!

So guys, it looks like I'm going to Grangers! So what's the process? I know I need to call Ford to get it switched, but do I get something in writing first from Granger first? They kept tell me that since I'm would be moving my reservation after Granger's October offer, that I'm only guaranteed a '22. I kept telling the knuckleheads that Granger goes by the timestamp and it's associated with the X-Plan and that I qualify for!

That's my 2-cents!! Sal
Iā€™ll bet the service manager would sing a different tune about servicing. Iā€™d bet they wouldnā€™t turn any potential work away and they might even tell you the sales department can pound sand.

Lol. What a bunch of jokers. Why Iā€™m not wasting my time local or even visiting the places. I might go to one to drive a 2.3L Ranger and hop into a 2.7L F150. Thatā€™s it, but Iā€™ll pretend to be a truck buyer. I will say nothing of the Bronco to these people. Shady? Maybe. Necessity? Sure is.
Sponsored