Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have any of us with reservations with Hawk been one that's been gigged either by an order you didn't place, or a cancelled reservation? They've not talked to me unless I initiate it....decided yesterday to change dealers...but because my old Visa is no longer valid, it has to be done MANUALLY at Ford, and they can't tell me how long it will take. Meanwhile...........

Migs1313

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had to stop into Fox Ford today for work if anyone has a reservation there I did hear a salesman on the phone talking to Bronco customers so they are doing ordering if you want to put a call into them if you are waiting to hear from them.

lbryja

First Edition
First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Have any of us with reservations with Hawk been one that's been gigged either by an order you didn't place, or a cancelled reservation? They've not talked to me unless I initiate it....decided yesterday to change dealers...but because my old Visa is no longer valid, it has to be done MANUALLY at Ford, and they can't tell me how long it will take. Meanwhile...........
I have tried calling them twice today. I guess Chris is the one that works with the Bronco orders. He wasn't available both times and they took down my info. Haven't heard back from him yet.

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have tried calling them twice today. I guess Chris is the one that works with the Bronco orders. He wasn't available both times and they took down my info. Haven't heard back from him yet.
I had switched already, and just checked my Ford account showing still a reservation with the new dealer.

Sponsored

lbryja

First Edition
First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I had switched already, and just checked my Ford account showing still a reservation with the new dealer.
Chris called me back. I asked him about x-pricing and he said that he couldn't do that. He said that they are only charging reservation holders MSRP. He assured me that there would be no additional markups.

They are asking for a $1000 refundable deposit.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Chris called me back. I asked him about x-pricing and he said that he couldn't do that. He said that they are only charging reservation holders MSRP. He assured me that there would be no additional markups.

They are asking for a $1000 refundable deposit.
That's encouraging.

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So my dealer today via email told me that he spoke to his Ford rep and that they are offering X-Plan on the bronco and then emailed me a quote for x-plan pricing and out the door costs.

What are the chances that come time to pay up, he pulls the rug out and says "oh yea, about that, they aren't honoring any more, soooorrrryy"?

FYI we were at MSRP before I mentioned that they said they would work towards getting me close to X-Plan pricing, $900 refundable for any reason deposit

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So my dealer today via email told me that he spoke to his Ford rep and that they are offering X-Plan on the bronco and then emailed me a quote for x-plan pricing and out the door costs.

What are the chances that come time to pay up, he pulls the rug out and says "oh yea, about that, they aren't honoring any more, soooorrrryy"?

FYI we were at MSRP before I mentioned that they said they would work towards getting me close to X-Plan pricing, $900 refundable for any reason deposit
Ford has already stated no X-Plan for 2021. Could they walk that back? Sure. Will they? Doubtful, but maybe they see how many dealers are being d***wads and want to level the playing field for the customer.

As for pricing from your dealer... If they say they will sell the Bronco to you for $X and you both sign it then would think you will pay $X, but it needs to be explicitly clear and not just some verbiage like "will pay X-Plan price".

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Which dealer is this might I ask? Waiting to have some price discussion with my dealer and would like to either have them try and match that if possible.

Sponsored

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Which dealer is this might I ask? Waiting to have some price discussion with my dealer and would like to either have them try and match that if possible.
Napleton Ford Libertyville.

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Napleton Ford Libertyville.
Hey guys, hot off the presses!! WOW, what an experience (wide-eyed emoji), and I don't mean enjoyable! Just left Gerald Ford North Aurora, Illinois, who advised that they will sell at MSRP, and unknown if there's ADM! Actually, we never addressed the subject because right off the bat they were essentially saying I was a fool to believe Granger's pricing, that it was a scheme to draw peeps to move their reservations to them (Granger).

I won't bore you with all the graphic details, but essentially they (three managers against one) advised during this melee that they would guarantee invoice on a '22 early in the second wave due to my 07/14 timestamp. My reply, "Why would I wait until the end of the year to get a Bronco ('22) at invoice (Gerald Ford) when I can get one sooner ('21) at $1300 under invoice (Granger)." Also, they guaranteed that I would be in the first wave for a '22. I responded that only Ford determines who/what/when/where, and he agreed! Truly, I don't believe that they would offer invoice because during my visit they kept saying that the Broncos are too hot to be dealing in its pricing.

Here's the grand finale! The three amigos advised that once I go to them (Granger) I can't come back to them (Gerald Ford)! That all "deals" are off, that the best would maybe be MSRP! They asked where would I get my Bronco serviced if I would buy out of state, and my reply was any Ford dealership in the area, and they replied that I would be at the "end of the line" at Gerald for getting my Bronco serviced, and "no loaner" if the service warranted.

WOW!! What knuckleheads!!

So guys, it looks like I'm going to Grangers! So what's the process? I know I need to call Ford to get it switched, but do I get something in writing first from Granger first? They kept tell me that since I'm would be moving my reservation after Granger's October offer, that I'm only guaranteed a '22. I kept telling the knuckleheads that Granger goes by the timestamp and it's associated with the X-Plan and that I qualify for!

That's my 2-cents!! Sal

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey guys, hot off the presses!! WOW, what an experience (wide-eyed emoji), and I don't mean enjoyable! Just left Gerald Ford North Aurora, Illinois, who advised that they will sell at MSRP, and unknown if there's ADM! Actually, we never addressed the subject because right off the bat they were essentially saying I was a fool to believe Granger's pricing, that it was a scheme to draw peeps to move their reservations to them (Granger).

I won't bore you with all the graphic details, but essentially they (three managers against one) advised during this melee that they would guarantee invoice on a '22 early in the second wave due to my 07/14 timestamp. My reply, "Why would I wait until the end of the year to get a Bronco ('22) at invoice (Gerald Ford) when I can get one sooner ('21) at $1300 under invoice (Granger)." Also, they guaranteed that I would be in the first wave for a '22. I responded that only Ford determines who/what/when/where, and he agreed! Truly, I don't believe that they would offer invoice because during my visit they kept saying that the Broncos are too hot to be dealing in its pricing.

Here's the grand finale! The three amigos advised that once I go to them (Granger) I can't come back to them (Gerald Ford)! That all "deals" are off, that the best would maybe be MSRP! They asked where would I get my Bronco serviced if I would buy out of state, and my reply was any Ford dealership in the area, and they replied that I would be at the "end of the line" at Gerald for getting my Bronco serviced, and "no loaner" if the service warranted.

So guys, it looks like I'm going to Grangers! So what's the process? I know I need to call Ford to get it switched, but do I get something in writing first from Granger first? They kept tell me that since I'm would be moving my reservation after Granger's October offer, that I'm only guaranteed a '22. I kept telling the knuckleheads that Granger goes by the timestamp and it's associated with the X-Plan and that I qualify for!

That's my 2-cents!! Sal
Yeah the 800 number is floating around here somewhere and I would contact Granger just as a heads up and verify everything with them before switching. Also would write a yelp/google/any review of that dealer and note your experience with trying to order and how they threatened you with poor service if you didn't buy from them. Thanks for the shoutout I will steer clear of Gerald Ford in North Aurora, Illinois.

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's my 2-cents!! Sal
I will not be taking my Bronco for work at Gerald for sure. The number to switch is (800) 392-4375 (ford customer care). They tell you that your $100 will be refunded by prior dealer, and a new $100 will be charged, and that you do not lose your reservation / time stamp. You can confirm afterwards on your account to see if it shows your new dealer.

{EDIT} I would reach out to Albert or Zach by email at Granger to let them know you want to switch, and ask them to confirm.

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

That's my 2-cents!! Sal
Looks like I made the right decision in canceling my Gerald order and going with Granger instead.

Pretty messed up about the where you'd be getting service part. It's the Ford dealer I'm closest too. I've had good experience at their Kia dealer next door but I haven't had a Ford since they took over that location.
Sponsored