Sponsored

Which colors will Ford eliminate in 2022?

NurseDan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I want.
Anti-Matter Blue is the color that I am picking, because it is super-deluxe awesome.

#GoBlue

Canoe Front.png

Bronco No Doors Roof.png
The B&P really had me set on Antimatter Blue! And then I saw it in person a few times. So much darker IRL. Pretty much black. I was a little crushed...
Sponsored

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully Cyber Orange....which is really School Bus Yellow

Norville

Black Diamond
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 BMW 325i, 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Funny how people are quoting Levine regarding Cyber Orange ... his tweets have been proven gospel.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't know the point of having two different shades of blue and two different shades of red. Pick one and get rid of the other. Give us lead foot grey and matte black and warthog green.
You mean three shades of blue, right? AMB, A51, and Velocity.

But, heck, Ford offers two different shades of white on the F-150.🤪

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dude... don't put the AMB ideas out there. You know I want a MY22 with an AMB modular top. Why you gotta do me like that?
Don't panic...
They made such a big deal about Leno's resto-mod that they have to leave AMB as an option long enough for people to get it with the white top.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you look at the colors offered across Ford's lineup, its clear Bronco has enjoyed no special treatment. I'd expect that to continue. So...it becomes dependent on the 'master plan'...from a paint product standpoint, which sourcing contracts are nearing maturity?
I don't see any special treatment. Ranger and Bronco are painted in the same booth at MAP, so anything one gets, the other will get. Not all that special. In fact, the only "special" paint treatment Bronco got was Amazon-Delivery-Van-51 that isn't on Ranger. Everything else has become fleet-standard paint.

They are adding Cyber Orange to the Ranger lineup so it might last for a few years.
They had to since both vehicles are made at MAP. This wasn't so much a choice as an eventuality their color lines would merge.

Ford already confirmed that Cyber orange is out... Aka yellow.
Cyber Orange was destined to be a "launch color" as it's so polarizing. Even Jeep learned to keep rotating the "wild" paint colors every year or two which picks up those fresh sales with minimal investment.

They should probably eliminate all colors except for Oxford White so that people stop embarrassing themselves with sub-par colors
Well if they follow the F150 paint lineup, you're talking about having THREE shades of white and a mind-numbing decision of having ELEVEN out of 15 paint colors being in the BWG spectrum (Black, White, Gray). Note that I have included AMB and Guard as BWG as they are essentially black or gray, respectively.

Ford Bronco Which colors will Ford eliminate in 2022? f150 paints

Okay, down to my point, this is what I shared with #DGTUX20 via PM was the below:

"My bet will be on 2 color changes for 2022, then two more changes for 2024 when the mid-model-refresh happens.

speculation if there are paint changes: (calling this out of my ass, I have no info to go on!)

2022 changes:
  • Cyber orange is dropped (pre-release color)
  • Antimatter blue is dropped (due to very low pre-order volume)
  • A different tri-coat color is offered, possibly the non-metallic orange but probably some stupid yellow, but certainly not any of the "hugger" colors, those are sports-car only.
  • Blue Jeans blue replaces Antimatter
  • Heritage color replaces Cyber Orange with upcharge built into the price of the Heritage package (lines in this font added on 2/3/21 as the original PM string comment was made before Heritage had been announced)
  • Green is added to paint pallet, however, I still think this will most likely be part of the "heritage" package and have a substantial package price, possibly north of $2,500 for what equates to the "california edition" Mustang. No substance, just looks

2024 changes:
  • Cactus Gray is dropped
  • Velocity Blue is dropped
  • Changes to shades of white & black, but nothing creative
  • Light metallic blue is added (vintage look)
  • Some sort of green is added, probably some stupid very light lime green that offends nobody and inspires the same number of people
  • Rapid Red is changed again (it was Ruby red for 5 years, and now in 2024, they change Rapid to something else)"

I'll also regurgitate the information #Legend gave us some months ago that there are a total of 11 paint colors that the facility which Bronco and Ranger share can spray. So both of those vehicles will be limited to sharing a paint pallet for however long those models are made together. This opens up some exciting doors for exciting colors across a smaller number of models. However, Ford hasn't been very proactive or diverse in their paint and interior lineups for decades. Bronco, in spite of all the complaining on here (including myself!), has done a LOT of unique interior materials/colors work with Bronco. So perhaps they are realizing that with reduced volume (due to global sales dropping), that they can't make the same washing machines in perpetuity?

This also gives weight to my theory that Lightning Blue Rangers won't be painted at MAP, but instead those limited units will be shipped elsewhere for spraying, then shipped back.

That Lightning Blue is offered at all for Bronco is quite shocking. It was a fleet-standard Ford paint color which has been discontinued and replaced with Velocity Blue. It doesn't really enter the discussion of color "changes" as it's not really an official mainline color for the vehicle.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You mean three shades of blue, right? AMB, A51, and Velocity.

But, heck, Ford offers two different shades of white on the F-150.🤪
That is incorrect, the truth is so much worse.

They offer THREE shades of white on F-150. Because of COURSE there should be three white options.... (WTF, seriously? yes, seriously)

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Cyber Orange, Race Red, Lightening Blue, Iconic Silver, AMB - MY21 Retirees

Jewel Metallic Green, Kodiak Brown, Alto Blue (What AMB should have been), Best of Blue/Silver - Brittany Blue, Hot Ginger - MY22 Additions

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For all the people saying area 51 (the most popular color) will go. Please state your reasoning. Having trouble wrapping my mind around why so many are suggesting that 🤷🏾‍♂️
It won't go away. And not just because it will be by far the most-ordered color for the Big Bronco as well as the Sport, but also because similar shades of non-metallic blue are super trendy right now with a lot of automakers.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That is incorrect, the truth is so much worse.

They offer THREE shades of white on F-150. Because of COURSE there should be three white options.... (WTF, seriously? yes, seriously)

Holy white smokes!

I knew about Star Metallic and Oxford, but I haven't seen Space White.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not all that special. In fact, the only "special" paint treatment Bronco got was Amazon-Delivery-Van-51 that isn't on Ranger. Everything else has become fleet-standard paint.
I wasn't being complimentary of Ford. I think they've slighted Bronco...peruse their 'sports car colors' and you'll note a palate chosen for that breed of vehicle. For Bronco...seems to me like they just phoned it in

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
For all the people saying area 51 (the most popular color) will go. Please state your reasoning. Having trouble wrapping my mind around why so many are suggesting that 🤷🏾‍♂️
It won't go away. And not just because it will be by far the most-ordered color for the Big Bronco as well as the Sport, but also because similar shades of non-metallic blue are super trendy right now with a lot of automakers.
There is no way Amazon-51 is going away anytime soon. That style of paint is the darling of the Tacoma lineup. Ford was very wise to bring a "melted crayon" paint style (or two with CG, and my guess is FIVE melted crayon paints by 2024 when Ranger gets it's 6th generation) to literally ANY vehicle which perpetuates the off-road lifestyle. Ranger and Bronco both absolutely fit that bill and their melted crayon sales will be huge. $$$ for Ford.

Now, I say this because it is driving sales like nobody's business. People just LOVE those paint styles.... And I absolutely detest them. They look cheap, they look tacky, they lack character and they are dull as all heck. Melted Crayon paint will not be on a car i'll ever own. But the numbers don't lie, OTHER people love them.

Along those same lines, i'm an excellent driver, it's OTHER people who suck at driving :eek::sneaky::ROFLMAO:

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Shadow Black will be removed and replaced with Midnight Black. 😂
Because shadow black happens more often than midnight.

Last edited:

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Now we know your preferences..... It was only a matter of time. 😆😆😆
That's a pretty good Chinese food place near me. I've heard Yummy Kitchen is good too but I just can't trust that name.
Sponsored