Sponsored

Which colors will Ford eliminate in 2022?

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think Velocity Blue will finally be retired. AMB may be a one-and-done (which is great for me, since I'm getting it). So i think they'll drop those two blues, and come back out with something closer to LB or Blue Jeans. Or carry Altos Blue over from the Bronco Sport. And as others have said - Cyber Orange. IMO, race red is super bright. This isnt a mustang. If that has a low take rate, I could see that being a candidate.
Sponsored

Halfsmoke00

Base
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Ford Escape AWD V6, '91 Plymouth Acclaim V6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lightning blue is going, thats why it was FE only.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I agree that Cyber Orange is most likely going away, ford doesn't keep orange around long.

Competition Orange on the Mustang was only around in 2004, 2012, and 2015

BroncoBilly17

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I got $5 that says cyber orange is going to be a MY21 color only. Wouldn't be surprised if Area 51 and Cactus Grey bite the dust as well.
Honestly, I still don't get why they didn't have any really loud colors. It's a bronco, its not a minivan!
Last I saw, Area 51 was the #1 choice on the pre-orders. It's my pick for my 4D Outer Banks, but I would like to see it go to make mine more unique. But I also have a black F-150 Sport, as do 7 other guys on my hockey team. Uniqueness isn't my thing I guess.

I think / hope Ford does similar to Jeep, and puts out a new unique colour for 1 MY, then retires it.

Sponsored

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 2 most popular colors per order survey, lol?
Yes, and I have primer in my paint cabinet pretty close to the same as both of those.

timgarrett

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think Velocity Blue will finally be retired. AMB may be a one-and-done (which is great for me, since I'm getting it). So i think they'll drop those two blues, and come back out with something closer to LB or Blue Jeans. Or carry Altos Blue over from the Bronco Sport. And as others have said - Cyber Orange. IMO, race red is super bright. This isnt a mustang. If that has a low take rate, I could see that being a candidate.
Dude... don't put the AMB ideas out there. You know I want a MY22 with an AMB modular top. Why you gotta do me like that?

Broncie

Raptor
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Just a FYI all, Levine never actually said Cyber Orange would not be available for MY22. Someone specifically asked him about that color. He knows there will be new colors coming that may replace existing MY21 colors, so technically all colors have the same chance of being replaced, not just Cyber Orange.

697EC77B-1018-46FA-BB42-160C4E3B9933.jpeg

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I could see Area 51 going. It is super popular this year and I doubt Ford will want it on that many Bronco's for multiple years. I think it is going to be tied to the initial release, and something similar will replace it. I think Cactus Gray and Cyber Orange will go as well. Lightning Blue I didn't even consider would carry on because it's only a First Edition color, so that is out too, in my opinion.

I do think there is a chance that all of those colors make it for MY22 as well because MY21 is so short, but it's ultimately up to Ford. If one absolutely has to go, Cyber Orange is my guess. It's a great color, but it's so bright and unique it feels like one of those colors that doesn't stick around long to me.

I think the rest of the colors are relatively generic and fit well across the lineup, so I could see them sticking around for a while. I feel like the most unique colors last the least amount of time no matter how popular they are.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For all the people saying area 51 (the most popular color) will go. Please state your reasoning. Having trouble wrapping my mind around why so many are suggesting that 🤷🏾‍♂️

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For all the people saying area 51 (the most popular color) will go. Please state your reasoning. Having trouble wrapping my mind around why so many are suggesting that 🤷🏾‍♂️
I think because it’s so popular people want it to remain unique for their builds... I understand but like all this it’s just wild ass guesses
Sponsored