First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
monitor shmonitor - I've seen it live and it looks more like the updated version than the original. it's grey. mostly grey - in fact it's new name should be 90+% grey. if you want flat grey, you will love it. think USS Battleship.
"You sunk my battleship" because I thought it was blue/green/gray.

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Both pictures seem right. I’ve seen it look like both of those depending on the conditions outside.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know lol, thank god Levine confirmed this for us!

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If they called it Jet Fighter Gray, or whatever, y'all would be bitching that machine guns and missle launchers weren't in the Build & Price.
I think the power of suggestion in the name has an influence in the perception of the color.

By the way, are you going to share your squatch experience on the paranormal thread in the Off-Topic forum?

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel like a lot of people are not as passionate as us will be disappointed.
There are 190,000+ Bronco orders. Only a small percentage of them are on BG6.
Those other people will rightfully assume that B&P is accurate.
I see your point there no problem. B6G arguing and discussing in circles? I guess with KOH done there isn't much else going on.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I see your point there no problem. B6G arguing and discussing in circles? I guess with KOH done there isn't much else going on.
The one thing that I find interesting out of the cactus gray debate is how many Tory sympathizer loyalists there are in the US. There should be a poll - is it Gray or Grey?

teerav

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
*Huge* difference! Personally, I like it. Fits more of the title of Gray and less Area 51 color scale.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Please see Mike Levine's Twitter Post.

So it is not actually that Green, but is more Gray. Pretty big difference there!
Real life photos confirm this, but I wonder how many people have ordered the color thinking it is a shade of Green?

Ford Bronco Levine Confirms Cactus Gray Color Change on Build and Price Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 11.28.45 AM
Those colors aren't even close. Then color representation looks like freshly poured cement!

Sponsored

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The pic on the right is what excited me about this color at launch. The pic on the left - the "reality" pic - is what bums me out about this color, because the last thing the automotive world needs right now is another shade of gray.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just double checking your point:
So you think that this is no big deal and we should use up an afternoon going to a dealership (If they have happened to have the color that we are interested in on a different vehicle) to figure out what color an inaccurate online color render is?

Then we should visually project that color on a Bronco in our mind to help us decide?
Yep pretty much. What is your alternative? A computer generated image that relies on everyone's monitor displaying it correctly? Sorry I don't buy it (pun intended). If you are committing to purchasing a vehicle that most of us will not be able to see in person, why would you not want to go see the color in person? A lot of purchase prices are north of $50k...damn right I'm going to go see the color in person.

At least you'll know if you like it or not. If you live hours from your nearest dealership, then I feel for you. Go out for a Sunday drive and swing by a dealership when no one is around. Oh, you can do a search online and see if you dealership has the color in stock.

Aviationtech101

Base
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was sold on this color until I seen it in person on the ranger. Just looked really blah and washed out, like it was trying to be a color but didn’t make it. I think it would’ve looked better with a blacked out package though. It needs some dark contrasting colors against it. Def stay away from the greys with cactus in my opinion.

5A426299-8369-4B91-AA25-B783287C3765.jpeg

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So the real question is: why is "Cactus" part of the name at all? Honesty I've not seen any hint of blue/green in any of the IRL photos of the color, and I've never seen a variety of cactus that had no hint of blue/green. It's like someone stated previously: primer with clearcoat. Blah.
Sponsored