David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage, Mach E, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

What do you think about getting a BaseSquatch and dropping to 32" for a daily driver but capable weekend overland vehicle able to get me over any fire road and across AZ desert on thetop of a table mesa hill for night star observing ?
I.e. no rock crawling or difficult trail riding.
The purpose would be to extract the value from the base trim to keep the price low, amplify the capabilities by sasquatching it but sweeten the price by selling/exchanging the 35" tires. (how much can I get?)
What would be the drawbacks of the smaller tires ?

Or shall I just keep it simple and get a BD..but then I end in upper $40s
I would like to have capable size tires, advanced 4x4, rear locking diff, protected underbody but not necessarily heavy front/rear bumpers to save loading capacity. And of course to pack all my equipment I am inclined to 4D (or 2D and Flyer Pursue)
Sponsored

Last edited:

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I see no advantage to dropping from 35s to 32s, around my area 35s are entry level to not get stuck in every rut and 32s are strictly road tires. There is no reason to have the mechanical capabilities of the Sas package and then nerf that by putting tiny tires on it.

There’s a weird misconception on this forum that somehow 35s are a huge tire, that they are not daily driver friendly. As someone that has daily driven a truck with stock suspension on 37s for years I think it’s a little funny to see honestly. Nothing against you of course just a common mentality.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
4.70 gears with 32's will be one hell of a stoplight racer!

Sponsored

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

There’s a weird misconception on this forum that somehow 35s are a huge tire, that they are not daily driver friendly. As someone that has daily driven a truck with stock suspension on 37s for years I think it’s a little funny to see honestly. Nothing against you of course just a common mentality.
I think that's probably because of the size/type correlation available on the Broncos. The type of the tire will affect the drivability more than the size, but everyone on here just refers to the size, not the type. A 37 A/T will be much better on the road than a 35 M/T.

Personally, I think the stock BL 33 BFG A/T's will be perfect for what I need.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Your tires are going to be "used" tires no matter how few actual miles are on them, so expect half of retail price at best. You'd be lucky if selling your 35s even covered a set of new 32s.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Even with the 10 speed the RPM at 80 would be very high haha.
I drive new 10spd Gas Ford F-550's with factory 4:88s and at 70 it's only pushing maybe 2500. Not much different then older 4 speed autos of just over a decade ago.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I drive new 10spd Gas Ford F-550's with factory 4:88s and at 70 it's only pushing maybe 2500. Not much different then older 4 speed autos of just over a decade ago.
Wow that’s no as bad as I thought. My truck with the old 4 speed does about 2,450RPM at 80MPH on 37s with 4.56s, honestly I could have went for 4.88s and been happy.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wow that’s no as bad as I thought. My truck with the old 4 speed does about 2,450RPM at 80MPH on 37s with 4.56s, honestly I could have went for 4.88s and been happy.
Apparently I did take a picture. 2020 f-550 4.88 gears. 7.3L gas engine.

20201207_110353.jpg

Sponsored

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Base squatch 4 door is $40,400. Black Diamond 4 door with 4A is $40,800. If you don't need/want the upgraded front axle, front locker, and 35s then Sasquatch isn't really a good deal for you. Plus BD gives you the better interior and access to the stick, the tow pack, and the mid package.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Real question here is what is your opinion of the 7.3L, and second question is why are you traveling 70MPH with 4WD on lol.
Love the 7.3 moves a 13,000lbs box van F-550 with authority!

Second part, it's Alaska and the roads are ice and snow 6 months out of the year. We don't slow down on the highway for a little ice or snow and I've seen way to many people spin out into the ditch because they switched to 2wd and loose traction. My stuff is in 4x4 every day from October to April typically.

That truck was also a bare chassis with nothing on the back, so zero weight over the rear tires.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Love the 7.3 moves a 13,000lbs box van F-550 with authority!

Second part, it's Alaska and the roads are ice and snow 6 months out of the year. We don't slow down on the highway for a little ice or snow and I've seen way to many people spin out into the ditch because they switched to 2wd and loose traction. My stuff is in 4x4 every day from October to April typically.

That truck was also a bare chassis with nothing on the back, so zero weight over the rear tires.
That makes sense!! Good to hear on the 7.3L I am strongly considering adding one to my driveway.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That makes sense!! Good to hear on the 7.3L I am strongly considering adding one to my driveway.
But you don't even like V8 engines?
Sponsored