Sponsored

Anyone regret not getting a Basesquatch?

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Never looked at RR but the wranglers.....I see some differences but just like the broncos......wasting efforts on trim names with such subtle changes. The Willys sport to the sport is like the black diamond to the base and the sahara/obx and naturally rubicon/badlands...🙄. It just seems redundant.
It's marketing. For example, if you want a hitch, you have to pay a couple of grand for a higher trim with marginal upgrades for the opportunity to buy it...

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Never looked at RR but the wranglers.....I see some differences but just like the broncos......wasting efforts on trim names with such subtle changes. The Willys sport to the sport is like the black diamond to the base and the sahara/obx and naturally rubicon/badlands...🙄. It just seems redundant.
Since I've been on here people keep talking about Ford cutting trims and they've added 4.

OP
OP
Butzy

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oh for sure. I see why they do it. You pay extra for the Big Bend so you can get the mid package but the wheels on it are just as offensive and wasteful as the base steelies! 😆

OP
OP
Butzy

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Since I've been on here people keep talking about Ford cutting trims and they've added 4.
Very true. I'm blind to the everglades, heritage limited and raptor because they're dumb 4doors....😆

Sponsored
OP
OP
Butzy

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I guess I'm just a simpleton and focus primarily on the utility end of things rather than the tech. I truly would appreciate less tech and more reliability.

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I really want a basesquatch but the one option I do kinda want is the remote start in the mid package, still not sure if I'll opt to move up to the BB or BD or just not car about the remote start and stick to the base
I have a Basesquatch and use the Fordpass App to remote start every day. No mid but the thing is warm when I get in to drive.

Bad-Daddy-Lands

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco, ‘21 F250, ‘96 911/993
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was all over the map on choosing a trim. I always wanted a 7MT, originally in January 2021 I ordered 2 door Velocity Blue Black Diamond for $39.5K with options. Mansquatch wasn’t an option back then. By April I decided I really wanted heated seats and the 12” screen, so I changed to the 2 door Badlands for $47K with options.

In August I got a letter from Ford that I was getting kicked to 2022, so I started reading threads about all the Base builds and Basesquatch options. I decided for 2022 my order was going to be a 2 door Base with options for $31K, and build it with 33” tires. I strongly considered the Base Mansquatch, but was offended at having to pay the extra $2K for the auto transmission that I wasn’t getting. Last day of September 2021 I got a vin for my 2 door Badlands order, so that’s what I ended up with. No regrets on the truck I bought, I’m very pleased with the sway bar disconnect, dual lockers, 12” screen, safety systems, MGV seats, etc of the Badlands. I think the 2 door Base option would’ve been great too.

846F20A6-C0A8-4E43-A0E3-CF382D2C175E.jpeg
Do your steps mount over the factory BL rock rails? If yes, are you happy with them and would you let me know where you found them?

Thanks!

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do your steps mount over the factory BL rock rails? If yes, are you happy with them and would you let me know where you found them?

Thanks!
Those are the IAG add on steps, the V2 that has a lower height. I have since replaced the factory rock rails with a set of aluminum tube steps, but I was happy with the IAG steps. I only changed because I wanted something full length to keep shopping cart dings away and prevent crap from slinging up the sides.

https://www.iagperformance.com/iag-v2-ez-step-add-on-for-2021-2023-ford-bronco

Sponsored

jbacon47

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BadLands manual 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would have been fine with basesquach, but went with Badlands for my 2-door: Led lights, rubber floors, vinyl seats, aux switches, sway bar disconnect are the big mods. The rock rails, steel rear bumper, bash plates, are just freebies. I did the math and it was a better deal. Less money and less time dealing with mods.

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I knew I was going to monkey with everything so I didn't want stuff like mod bumpers ,ect.
Got the basemansquatch yanked tires and rims off at 14 miles super happy ,now no manual being offered 🙈

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would have been fine with basesquach, but went with Badlands for my 2-door: Led lights, rubber floors, vinyl seats, aux switches, sway bar disconnect are the big mods. The rock rails, steel rear bumper, bash plates, are just freebies. I did the math and it was a better deal. Less money and less time dealing with mods.
I hear you, as soon as you start modding a vehicle to some configurations the math doesn't pencil out. With my build Base 2.7/Sas/Aux Mod/bashplates , the BLs equivalent starts at a $9k upcharge, then installing cloth seats, and more original looking headlights would of upped another $2-3K. After spending $1100 on the rubber flooring and rockrails, disco didn't seem worth it for $11,000.

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I knew I was going to monkey with everything so I didn't want stuff like mod bumpers ,ect.
Got the basemansquatch yanked tires and rims off at 14 miles super happy ,now no manual being offered 🙈
Heck you can't order a manual, a base, or really even a Sasquatch with any hope of getting it... Crazy.
Sponsored