Sponsored

For those with MGV…. how's it holding up and any regrets not getting leather?

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i went MGV because i wanted the ease of cleanout with 2 young kids and the vinyl floor and drain plugs. Do the carpet versions get drains still? Worse case is if they don't hold up i can get katzkins
Sponsored

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a little over 2000 miles and absolutely love them. Don't forget, the leather option is actually "leather trimmed vinyl" so you get leather on all the bits that actually wear out and no washout floor, just for rear cup holders and an electronically adjustible drivers seat (who needs to adjust their seat that much anyways?)

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a badlands on order than should get pulled the next few months as I've made my way to the top of my dealer list. I was at offrodeo last week and saw a bronco in the wild for the first time. Crazy I haven't gone to the trouble of seeing one after two years on the list but I'm getting one either way.

I was so excited about MGV and washout floors from the very beginning. And I'm still getting MGV despite what I'm about to say. But I personally was very disappointed in how the seats felt in the badlands I was in. I have vinyl seats in my mercedes wagon and they feel just like leather and look brand new after six years (and they're light beige). I've had leatherette in past BMWs too. And seen plenty of MGV in very nice wakeboard boats like my buddy's G23. This just was not what I was expecting.

Not sure how to explain it. It felt very thin to me. The thickness, way it moved when you sat and pushed on it, and the texture, at least in my opinion, could never be mistaken for leather. That was a surprise to me. This was on a two door badlands with the small screen so I guess that's the mid package? But that is the same MGV that would be in my badlands high package correct?

The car was very dirty as they get a lot of windows down dust, but I don't think that was the only issue.

Curious if I'm the only one who thought this on first glance? I'm not changing to leather. I have that in my jeep and it's fine for my purpose but I'd much rather have rubber floors and durable seats. Just looking for other's opinions to see if I'm crazy.

OP
OP

Sants

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, Highlander, Prius (I know, I know)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP here, I still have my original Badlands order in with MGV. I recently picked up a Bronco off a local dealer which is a badlands with leather. Have to say I am really liking the leather now and they are good quality. I also love the MGV but agree that it is not the same as leather. I just wish you could option rubber floors in any model. My biggest reason is for beach use and getting sand on the floors. The all-weather mats are great but sand still finds a way to the floor.

The one I bought has the 2.3 and is non-Sasquatch but so far I am really liking it. When mine comes in I don‘t know what I will do. Cactus Gray is my order but now that I have Cyber Orange i am kind of hooked. The other thing is almost every bronco I see is Cactus Gray. Decisions.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I originally ordered leather and thought the MGV was too thin and would tear easily. After seeing the leather in person my OCD would not let me risk getting Ford's wrinkled leather for that much money. Changed to MGV and have had my Bronco for just over a week. I'm glad I made the switch. Very comfortable, and the only thing I'm giving up in the 2-door is carpet and adjustable headrests.

Sponsored

El Diablo

Badlands
First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tesla Model 3 and 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a badlands on order than should get pulled the next few months as I've made my way to the top of my dealer list. I was at offrodeo last week and saw a bronco in the wild for the first time. Crazy I haven't gone to the trouble of seeing one after two years on the list but I'm getting one either way.

I was so excited about MGV and washout floors from the very beginning. And I'm still getting MGV despite what I'm about to say. But I personally was very disappointed in how the seats felt in the badlands I was in. I have vinyl seats in my mercedes wagon and they feel just like leather and look brand new after six years (and they're light beige). I've had leatherette in past BMWs too. And seen plenty of MGV in very nice wakeboard boats like my buddy's G23. This just was not what I was expecting.

Not sure how to explain it. It felt very thin to me. The thickness, way it moved when you sat and pushed on it, and the texture, at least in my opinion, could never be mistaken for leather. That was a surprise to me. This was on a two door badlands with the small screen so I guess that's the mid package? But that is the same MGV that would be in my badlands high package correct?

The car was very dirty as they get a lot of windows down dust, but I don't think that was the only issue.

Curious if I'm the only one who thought this on first glance? I'm not changing to leather. I have that in my jeep and it's fine for my purpose but I'd much rather have rubber floors and durable seats. Just looking for other's opinions to see if I'm crazy.
Same boat as you. Patiently waiting for my BL with the MGV interior. However I also spent considerable time at the Roadeo and dealerships examining these seats vs leather. And just like the OP I have had leather in pretty much all my vehicles including a convertible BMW. The deciding factor for me was that I will have the tops off most of the time with this vehicle (one of the reasons I am buying it vs competition) so the MGV won out. If I wasn't going to use it as a convertible then leather would have been my choice. Hope this info is useful to the OP.

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went back and watched a few videos just now. I think two things that would improve the feel would be some pebbling and a little more thickness. I'm sticking with MGV, but glad I'm not alone in first impression there.
Sponsored