Sponsored

How's your daily driver holding up while you wait?

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In March 2019, I was forced to start working from home. I've put only about 2,200 miles on my 2017 Camaro RS since then, for a total of around 23,800 miles, so it's holding up ok!

IMG_4890.jpg

IMG_4892.jpg

IMG_4893.jpg
Sponsored

getpower1

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

06 f250 xl reg cab is my daily driver. Bought from an old company I worked for when they closed at 104k miles four years ago. Now has 129k. 5.4v8 gets about 11mpg but my commute is only 13 miles one way. Bought it so the nice stuff wouldn’t get ruined with the concrete dust in the air, but the roads aren’t maintained so I’m over it. Wife has her own car and we also have a 2018 Cummins rv hauler with 30,000 on it. I refuse to drive that nice truck everyday. Won’t get rid of the f250 cause it doesn’t cost anything to have an old dump run/Home Depot run truck with racks and it runs awesome. But I can’t continue driving this trash everyday as I get older. Ordered 11/21 and I have a long long wait. Can’t wait to not have to drive a 3/4-1/ton truck with 80psi tires everyday.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My FJ has 330k miles. In march the engine blew and I put in an engine from an 04 4-runner with 120k miles.

It blew last week. I'm vehicle-less and praying my Jan 3 build date holds.

OP
OP
Waiting for 4th Bronco

Waiting for 4th Bronco

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Mercedes C350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

06 f250 xl reg cab is my daily driver. Bought from an old company I worked for when they closed at 104k miles four years ago. Now has 129k. 5.4v8 gets about 11mpg but my commute is only 13 miles one way. Bought it so the nice stuff wouldn’t get ruined with the concrete dust in the air, but the roads aren’t maintained so I’m over it. Wife has her own car and we also have a 2018 Cummins rv hauler with 30,000 on it. I refuse to drive that nice truck everyday. Won’t get rid of the f250 cause it doesn’t cost anything to have an old dump run/Home Depot run truck with racks and it runs awesome. But I can’t continue driving this trash everyday as I get older. Ordered 11/21 and I have a long long wait. Can’t wait to not have to drive a 3/4-1/ton truck with 80psi tires everyday.
My '05 F250 has the 5.4L V8 gas engine as well. I looked for six months to find that truck new because I didn't want the diesel. It has been a great vehicle, but I to do not want it as a daily driver any longer than necessary.

330SMG

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 ,89 325i and 72 Dodge Charger SE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had a 2006 4.4 X5 120k.it was about to need 3 grand in work. Bought a 2021 Ranger lariat 4x4 when we ordered the Bronco Sunday. Honestly this is a no win situation with the supply constraints.

Sponsored

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got towed to the dealer 😂 Luckily it’s a Kia so still under power train warranty (pretty much the only thing I like about it). Was my wife’s, she got a new car last year and I took hers over while I wait, not something I would’ve bought myself but it’s served us well, first problem in 7 years

WreckItRussell

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old and Busted Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ive got a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee that's got about 250,000 miles on it. Haven't really had that many problems with it but I won't be surprised if something big breaks here soon. It's in pretty rough shape. I decided to switch to a soft top back in October which got me a late January build date so I'm feeling much better about the state of my current ride.

grapesie13

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2019 Tacoma - bought in December 2020 when I realized this wait was going to be at least six months. Never would've guessed a day one reservation wouldn't get delivered in 2021.

WAS great, until it was totaled two weeks ago by a red light runner. Can't believe I am about to buy my second stop gap in 2022, for a vehicle reserved in mid-2020.

Badlux

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 Scrambler , CJ-8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
02 Accord, slipping 2nd gear, check engine light on for O2 sensor... it will be fine, probably not.

SMiguel

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My 2003 Accord took a dump last month (repairs were more than the car), so I'm borrowing a Ford Escape (also on its last leg) from a family friend until I get my Bronco. I was a 12/20/21 build week bumped to 1/3/22. I'm hoping to be driving my Bronco in February.

Sponsored

getpower1

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My '05 F250 has the 5.4L V8 gas engine as well. I looked for six months to find that truck new because I didn't want the diesel. It has been a great vehicle, but I to do not want it as a daily driver any longer than necessary.
Always had good luck with those engines. I’d drive it anywhere right now no problem as far as reliability goes. But they never got good fuel mileage, and they’re kind of gutless
and mines a five speed auto. It’s amazing the power that new vehicles have. Considering offing the Harley if I have to to be able to afford the Bronco. And it’s the first new thing I’ve ever bought. Little sentimental. I’m over that rough ride though.

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got towed to the dealer 😂 Luckily it’s a Kia so still under power train warranty (pretty much the only thing I like about it). Was my wife’s, she got a new car last year and I took hers over while I wait, not something I would’ve bought myself but it’s served us well, first problem in 7 years
Update: Not covered under warranty after all, the stories I’ve heard about Kia being stingy with their 10yr/100k warranty hold up. $300 for a $31 part replacement, but with a newborn, the holidays, and going back to work next week I don’t have time to do it myself so they win this time. Fortunately it’ll be gone soon

Kevin1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Explorer, 67 Mustang, Mercury Marquis
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2002 F150 V6 5 speed manual that I bought new. Finest vehicle I have ever owned! 225,000 with no issues. Runs great, looks great, and everything still works perfectly. Even though I love my truck, I can not wait to get my new Bronco!

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sold the daily when I got scheduled. Now in a loaner 2008 F150 Ext Cab and she's doing just fine. Put’n dem pennies In the jar for the new girl.

GoobertownDaddy

Base
First Name
Murphy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2004 JEEP WRANGLER, 2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bronco will fit nicely with these guys... Also have a 2016 Honda Africa Twin motorcycle.
Ford Bronco How's your daily driver holding up while you wait? IMG_2039
Sponsored