Sponsored

How's your daily driver holding up while you wait?

E. Davis

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Velocity Blue
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My daily is a 2019 5.0 manual with about 42,000 miles and I love everything about it. Biggest issue with this car is that it is on its 3rd set of rubber, haha. The toughest decision will be if / how I can keep both. With 4 drivers in the house, limited driveway space, and a boat taking up the garage, something may end up in a storage unit (or worst case traded, but trying to avoid losing this gem of a car).
Ford Bronco How's your daily driver holding up while you wait? mustang2.JPG
Sponsored

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My 2013 ford fusion S(purchased with 5k mi) now has 230K mi with no issues. The tranny shifts funny, but it's been that way for a good 80k mi. No leaks, doesn't consume oil and she still has the orginal (as far as I know) front breaks!!! Yes, I have never done the front breaks on this car. 230k miles strong. I think it's kinda comical and few peoiple believe me when I tell them. I've done the rears twice. But the last time I did the rears, I put one of the pads in wrong so it wore down prematureley, the rest fo the pads had plenty of life in them.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Have your friends and family considered an intervention?
LOL nah, we're a vehicle family. It's better than a crack habit! That doesn't even include the Classic cars (72 Oldsmobile, 56 Chevy Bel-Air, 69 Cougar, 76 Corvette) or plow truck (97 F-150).

I had to move a few things around last night ahead of a snow storm. Glad I have land!

20211219_201502.jpg

20211219_201512.jpg

20211206_175344.jpg

20210612_151836.jpg

20210524_184956.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Waiting for 4th Bronco

Waiting for 4th Bronco

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Mercedes C350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

LOL nah, we're a vehicle family. It's better than a crack habit! That doesn't even include the Classic cars (72 Oldsmobile, 56 Chevy Bel-Air, 69 Cougar, 76 Corvette) or plow truck (97 F-150).

I had to move a few things around last night ahead of a snow storm. Glad I have land!

Ford Bronco How's your daily driver holding up while you wait? car

I love a fleet and having a dedicated plow truck in AK makes sense. The 300 seems to be the odd item there.

tbruz

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Tahoe 2-door, 1976 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My daily is a 1997 Tahoe 2-door with bulletproof 5.7 engine and 234k miles; all original and all the miles were put on by me.
My 2-door Badlands Lux is built and shipped, due to me on 1/1/2022.
Struggling with where I can store my Tahoe as I don’t want to get rid of it but I’m out of space and almost out of time .
Tbruz
Ford Bronco How's your daily driver holding up while you wait? PS
Ford Bronco How's your daily driver holding up while you wait? tahoe front
Ford Bronco How's your daily driver holding up while you wait? Barn doors

Last edited:

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I love a fleet and having a dedicated plow truck in AK makes sense. The 300 seems to be the odd item there.
The 300c is a AWD 5.7 hemi it's an awesome car and a tank in the snow with blizzaks. It was my grandmother's old car and I wanted it. I get huge sentimental attachments to vehicles, partly why I have such a fleet. I have been called a vehicle hoarder before.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2009 Honda Fit just recently started having engine trouble and I'm currently sharing the wife's car. I keep going back and forth between fixing it, probably just a coil that needs to be replaced, and just waiting it out. The decision would be a lot easier if I had a scheduled build date.

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

‘06 Chrysler Town and Country, 245K miles….. getting nervous…..500 plus days and counting…..

Sponsored

chrisirmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just had to replace the transfer case in my 2013 Edge with 151k miles. I suspect the rear diff is shot, too, but I'm hoping I can limp it into January.

My key has been cracked for months and held together with a piece of electrical tape. I hate to get a new one, but today it started re-locking itself every time I unlock it, so the only way to get in is to use the keypad. I could hear it trying to lock the doors while I was driving with nothing touching the key!

Duke.Roughneck

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport, 2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's not. Currently in the shop getting 2 new turbos and 2 catalytic converters. I'm a 1/3 build week...

BroncoRick

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's not doing too bad, all things considered. In 2020 it blew a rear main seal, and it was pulled apart about 3 times getting that fixed. I did the brakes all around that year as well. Early this year I had the front axle cleaned up, new seals, and ujoints. Now it needs a new thermostat. The rear axle probably needs to be cleaned up and maybe needs the carrier rebuilt.

It pulled out to Colorado this year ok (wheezing up through the Eisenhower Tunnel), and we did a few mountain passes around Leadville, but on the way back it blew a rear driver stud clean off and I almost lost that wheel and tire on I-70. Limped home on the remaining studs. But then got it fixed, and ran the Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway about a month later. It's going to get retired from daily driving duty, but it's still going to be a good trail rig to drag over the rocks and pinstripe thru the woods...

Ford Bronco How's your daily driver holding up while you wait? 51341736161_43795373ed_o

Ford Bronco How's your daily driver holding up while you wait? 51344300628_1f05a43f90_o

cbrownabq

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge 2500 diesel
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2005 Cummins. I feel like I’m on borrowed time. It rides like shit and is getting old it SO my bronco can’t come quick enough. If Ford takes too long, going back to Jeep or Toyota and will never deal with this company again.
Sponsored