Sponsored

How's the Bronco windshield holding up against rocks?

mdk77

Base
First Name
BM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m having Dynoflex windshield film installed this week for this exact reason.
Would you happen to know the estimated cost for this? Will put this in my list of add-ons post-delivery.
Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 chips and 2 repairs, if I get a 3rd I’ll have the windshield replaced.

it’s a chip magnet as expected ...hopefully they end up to doing the aftermarket Gorilla Glass windshield for the Bronco.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just had mine replaced (900 miles). Safelight originally brought out an aftermarket windshield and I told them "NO". Had to reschedule to get an OEM. When you get a crack and need replacement, make sure you ask for OEM (if you have factory etchings). I have a FE and no way were they were putting a plain one on (w/o original markings).
How long did the replacement take? was the OEM windshield available or did you have a long waiting period?

D190065

First Edition
First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco FE; 2015 HD RGS; 23 F150 Tremor ordered
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

How long did the replacement take? was the OEM windshield available or did you have a long waiting period?
It didn't take long at all. Safelight was able to obtain within a few days of me scheduling. They came to the house and all-in-all took about three hours, including calibration.

Sponsored

D190065

First Edition
First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Fyi. OEM windshield is from China.
Not much isn't these days. But at least my value doesn't drop. I have a FE. The reason I went OEM is because of the "BRONCO" and "EST 1966" on the driver lower corner and "Accessory Ready" inscribbed on the top. Wanted to keep the original markings. And I don't ever have to disclose I replaced the windshield.

mdk77

Base
First Name
BM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OP
OP
KReich64

KReich64

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’ve previously stated the following on another similar thread, but I’m a believer in the ExoShield film. I do have insurance, but I am willing to pay extra for the chips not to happen in the first place. I have been, “popped “ by rock 3 or 4 times and no damage. Film is $375, but I don’t have to worry when I drive. If it does get cracked, ExoShield pays for replacement and doesn’t flag me on insurance. Xpel installers usually also carry and install ExoShield.
This is a true "film" kind of like a screen saver on a phone? How does it hold up in regard to discoloration or getting scratched by the wipers?

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is a true "film" kind of like a screen saver on a phone? How does it hold up in regard to discoloration or getting scratched by the wipers?
According to the installer, discoloration will not be a problem before you replace it at some point. As far as wiper scratches, you can scratch the film if you use when dry or if the blades get in bad shape. I’ve used my wipers numerous times in the 2 1/2 months I’ve had my Bronco and so far, so good.

OP
OP
KReich64

KReich64

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

According to the installer, discoloration will not be a problem before you replace it at some point. As far as wiper scratches, you can scratch the film if you use when dry or if the blades get in bad shape. I’ve used my wipers numerous times in the 2 1/2 months I’ve had my Bronco and so far, so good.
Thanks for this. I will certainly look into it!

Sponsored

sergk

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@D190065 how much does OEM windshield cost?

D190065

First Edition
First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@D190065 how much does OEM windshield cost?
Sorry for the delayed response... My insurance covered the expense, but based on the Safelight receipt about $530. That's what they listed.

BlueBronco1969

First Edition
First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Ford Bronco (Blue)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

As a current Jeep Rubicon driver, I am wondering how the Bronco windshields are holding up against rocks while driving on the highway. The windshield angle on the Bronco looks similar to the Wrangler’s, and with the amount of driving I do, I end up with a chipped and/or cracked windshield every 14 months or so. My only saving grace Is that I now live in Florida and don’t have to worry about being forced to replace the windshield. No yearly vehicle inspections. 😁
I will say this: I do not follow nearly as close to trucks in front of me as I used to. And when I pass, I pass briskly…. 2,100 miles and clean so far. Also got ceramic coating so hopefully it helps.

OP
OP
KReich64

KReich64

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I will say this: I do not follow nearly as close to trucks in front of me as I used to. And when I pass, I pass briskly…. 2,100 miles and clean so far. Also got ceramic coating so hopefully it helps.
I have always tried to give space and avoid the obvious hazards. Somehow the rocks still find me. Had a '96 Bronco (pictured), and never had a chip. I had an '83 Ranger that was rough on windshields too. The Jeep has been the worst one yet.

Weck

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC 2500, Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As a current Jeep Rubicon driver, I am wondering how the Bronco windshields are holding up against rocks while driving on the highway. The windshield angle on the Bronco looks similar to the Wrangler’s, and with the amount of driving I do, I end up with a chipped and/or cracked windshield every 14 months or so. My only saving grace Is that I now live in Florida and don’t have to worry about being forced to replace the windshield. No yearly vehicle inspections. 😁
I got stuck in a snow storm in CO last week while vacationing there. 2000 miles on the odometer and my windshield is trashed from the sand off the road. Thousands of tiny pits which four of them cracked. The window looks dirty in the pics but that is pits from sand and snow spray. Super soft glass. At this rate, you would need a new window every time it snows and they sand the roads

E10E2A16-6B8C-4E30-B24C-536544A00448.jpeg

102B6A08-AEAC-49F7-8EAC-033D022BB862.jpeg
Sponsored